The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Going to be an interesting transfer window.

Yeap, you's need to find buyers for your dross along with losing Herrera and Mata (potentially).

I can see us keeping Mata now. He won't want to leave. Herrera is gone though.

Can see De Gea and Pogba going too. It'll be a big rebuild.

Guest neesy111

Going to be an interesting transfer window.

Yeap, you's need to find buyers for your dross along with losing Herrera and Mata (potentially).

I can see us keeping Mata now. He won't want to leave. Herrera is gone though.

Can see De Gea and Pogba going too. It'll be a big rebuild.

You sure?  Spanish press reckon he's off to Barca.

There is only 3 points between 4th place and 8th place in Serie A although Atalanta have to play tomorrow so it could be 4 points. Its great in other leagues in Europe where small teams like Atalanta and Getafe can realistically hope to qualify for the Champions League. I don't like domination of any kind between a handful of teams although I preferred the Premier League before Chelsea and Man City became rich and it was just 2 or 3 teams dominating. At least then a variety of teams qualified for Europe, but these days you can easily predict who finishes in the top 6. I miss playing in Europe I know Ashley being owner doesn't help, but with the revenues the top 6 have at the moment its very difficult to consistently compete with those teams. Its really boring the same 6 teams get to experience European football.

Surely Aguero can speak good enough English, to be comfortable in an interview, after eight years?

On the sky one he spoke in english, not great but could understand him.

I'm not gonna have a go at anyone for not being able to speak other languages as i can't myself. :lol:

Always the weirdest critique of foreign players/managers.

I don't think it's that weird. After 8 years living and working in the UK he should be pretty much fluent in English It's different when someone has only been here a few years.

Always the weirdest critique of foreign players/managers.

I don't think it's that weird. After 8 years living and working in the UK he should be pretty much fluent in English It's different when someone has only been here a few years.

Maybe he isn't very good at learning other languages?

It's not a crime  :lol:

I don't want to sound like a gammon, but 8 years into living and working in a country almost anyone should be fluent in that countries language by then.

You assume his family speaks Spanish, and half the team speaks it as well. So co-workers, family and friends all speaking his native language. There's not a ton of incentive for him to learn English fluently. He probably barely uses it.

Guardiola, like Rafa here at Newcastle, insists the players speak English in the group, and I'm sure he probably can speak reasonable English. I just think after so long here he (or anyone that has been in a country for so long) should be comfortable speaking to the media in English. 

Guest neesy111

Guardiola, like Rafa here at Newcastle, insists the players speak English in the group, and I'm sure he probably can speak reasonable English. I just think after so long here he (or anyone that has been in a country for so long) should be comfortable speaking to the media in English.

Bale has been severely criticised in Spain for not learning Spanish sufficiently after 6 years in the country.

I’m sure I heard it’s why Muto isn’t getting a look in. The manager has to be confident his plans are coming across to the players, else they won’t be implemented properly - something Rafa is a stickler for