The other games today 2019/20

Greg

I wish there were play offs in the Premier League it really adds to the entertainment.

Play offs for what?

A trip to EuroDisney

Brexit means Brexit.

No kid should go to EuroDisney when theirs British Strawberry’s to be picked in fields.

Out of all the teams currently in the play-offs my order of preference to get promoted would be:

Derby

Leeds

Aston Villa

West Brom

Leeds

Derby

West Brom

Villa

West Brom are such a boring club and only went down 2 years ago and Villa are Villa

I wish there were play offs in the Premier League it really adds to the entertainment.

Play offs for what?

I don't really mind for either the Premier League title or just for the 4th Champions League spot.

Nah, would be shit to finish 4th and not get in the Champions League.

The play offs only work in the lower leagues because the leagues are too big and without them there would be too many teams playing 1/3 of the season with nothing to play for.

Play offs for what?

I don't really mind for either the Premier League title or just for the 4th Champions League spot.

Nah, would be s*** to finish 4th and not get in the Champions League.

The play offs only work in the lower leagues because the leagues are too big and without them there would be too many teams playing 1/3 of the season with nothing to play for.

Its the same in the Premier League where usually 8 or 9 teams have nothing to play for.

Might be time to bump the thread! :lol:

Is there a poll?

:lol: There wasn't a poll, but there was quite a lot of abuse.

Guest chopey

Reading and Birmingham need shot with shit today, nothing to play for and they serve up a 0-0

Guest neesy111

If Chelsea won the Europa league would man united qualify for champs league coming 5th?

No.

Guest neesy111

But if Chelsea won the europa league and 5th they would get in the champions league?

Do you get an extra europa league spot if they won it and came in top 4 then?

Yes to 1st sentence.

Only if the team winning the EL haven't already qualified for the CL.

But if Chelsea won the europa league and 5th they would get in the champions league?

If you win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4 then you get the 4th placed CL spot and the team finishing 4th gets the Europa League spot.

If you finish outside the top 4 and win the Europa League then you get an extra CL spot, I do believe that you lose a Europa League spot though.

If you win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4 then you get the 4th placed CL spot and the team finishing 4th gets the Europa League spot.

If you finish outside the top 4 and win the Europa League then you get an extra CL spot, I do believe that you lose a Europa League spot though.

Wrong.

Guest neesy111

Wrong.

That's correct apart from losing a EL spot.

Wrong.

It isn't. In the first scenario we get five clubs in the CL.

Guest neesy111

Wrong.

Nah, that was changed after the Liverpool fiasco.  Remember spurs didn't qualify in 2011/12 after chelsea won it after finishing 6th.

Wrong.

Nah, that was changed after the Liverpool fiasco.  Remember spurs didn't qualify in 2011/12 after chelsea won it after finishing 6th.

Wrong.

Guest neesy111

Wrong.

Wrong.

Sorry your right, they've changed the rules again.

Although if the CL winners and EL winners both finished outside top 6 and are from the same country then the league loses a spot.

Guest neesy111

How do you think Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool all played in the group stage of the Champions League last season (17/18)?

Because Man Utd won the EL, I was on about the CL winners as spurs did miss out on CL because Chelsea won it and finished outside of top 4

But they changed the rules again to advantage the top countries.

How do you think Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool all played in the group stage of the Champions League last season (17/18)?

Because Man Utd won the EL, I was on about the CL winners as spurs did miss out on CL because Chelsea won it and finished outside of top 4

But they changed the rules again to advantage the top countries.

Doesn't matter if its an English team winning EL or CL, you get 5 if they are not in top 4.

Only way a team that finishes 4th in the Premier League doesn't get in the CL is if the CL and EL winners are both English clubs that finished outside the top 4. In this case the CL entrants would be top 3 + the EL and CL winners.