The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest neesy111

How do you think Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool all played in the group stage of the Champions League last season (17/18)?

Because Man Utd won the EL, I was on about the CL winners as spurs did miss out on CL because Chelsea won it and finished outside of top 4

But they changed the rules again to advantage the top countries.

Doesn't matter if its an English team winning EL or CL, you get 5 if they are not in top 4.

Only way a team that finishes 4th in the Premier League doesn't get in the CL is if the CL and EL winners are both English clubs that finished outside the top 4.

Yes, I had said that in a previous post after admitting my mistake.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=102957.msg6981585#msg6981585

How do you think Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool all played in the group stage of the Champions League last season (17/18)?

Because Man Utd won the EL, I was on about the CL winners as spurs did miss out on CL because Chelsea won it and finished outside of top 4

Doesn't matter if its an English team winning EL or CL, you get 5 if they are not in top 4.

Only way a team that finishes 4th in the Premier League doesn't get in the CL is if the CL and EL winners are both English clubs that finished outside the top 4.

Yeah I wrote that one above before I'd seen that. :thup:

It's not straightforward - explained well here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Guest neesy111

Yeah I wrote that one above before I'd seen that. :thup:

It's not straightforward - explained well here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

:thup:

Guest neesy111

I wish there were play offs in the Premier League it really adds to the entertainment.

:shifty:

:no:

I wish there were play offs in the Premier League it really adds to the entertainment.

Might be time to bump the thread! :lol:

*Summon the forum Yanks* klaxon

:lol: I miss being comically American.

:lol: I miss being comically American.

:lol: we might as well have accused them of being legendary nonces, the reaction we got