The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Isn’t that Paco Ayestaran fella that’s a pundit for the Arsenal match Rafa’s ex assistant from the Liverpool day’s?

He is that.

Ta Disco

Any idea what they fell out over?

Probably the greatest punditry you will see in a long time :clap:

2+ time Champions League finalists like Mourinho and Rafa Benitez would tactically understand this.

Good to see a team that arrogantly dub their football “Total Football” get reminded about the importance of the other side of the game if you fail to respect it you will get punished.

Ajax had no answer to the other side of the game second half and Mourinho tactically nails it on the head.

Balance = Total Football.

Total football was coined by others about Cruyff's Holland and Ajax. What other side of the game? Ajax don't have the money to have a full squad of players who can play in every way. They play great football and were very unlucky to be beaten by a team who brought a player off the bench that they spent £30m on with a few minutes to go.  You're an absolute fucking idiot

:lol: nice

Isn’t that Paco Ayestaran fella that’s a pundit for the Arsenal match Rafa’s ex assistant from the Liverpool day’s?

He is that.

Ta Disco

Any idea what they fell out over?

Didn’t know they had tbh, he’s a bit of a club institution at Valencia if memory serves.

Guest alijmitchell

2+ time Champions League finalists like Mourinho and Rafa Benitez would tactically understand this.

Good to see a team that arrogantly dub their football “Total Football” get reminded about the importance of the other side of the game if you fail to respect it you will get punished.

Ajax had no answer to the other side of the game second half and Mourinho tactically nails it on the head.

Have to say I disagree with Mourinho there around 2 issues.

1. “Strategy won” - I’m not really sure that you could call what spurs did any kind of ‘strategy’. If it was it would be a f***ing ridiculous one to go 3-0 down in the tie and then play in the second half only.

2. “Philosophy lost” - I’m not sure either because Ajax made some very pragmatic decisions to try to stem the flow, by bringing on big lump defenders etc. It was precisely when they stopped pressing and supporting when they had the ball that they went and conceded the two early goals. I’d say they tried to be too pragmatic their rather than keeping to what got them there.

Also, as someone had mentioned, spurs bench pretty much got them back into that. Something Ajax didn’t really have. Is that philosophy vs strategy or just resources?

Have to say I disagree with Mourinho there around 2 issues.

1. “Strategy won” - I’m not really sure that you could call what spurs did any kind of ‘strategy’. If it was it would be a f***ing ridiculous one to go 3-0 down in the tie and then play in the second half only.

2. “Philosophy lost” - I’m not sure either because Ajax made some very pragmatic decisions to try to stem the flow, by bringing on big lump defenders etc. It was precisely when they stopped pressing and supporting when they had the ball that they went and conceded the two early goals. I’d say they tried to be too pragmatic their rather than keeping to what got them there.

Also, as someone had mentioned, spurs bench pretty much got them back into that. Something Ajax didn’t really have. Is that philosophy vs strategy or just resources?

:thup: And along with that a large slice of luck

Guest neesy111

Big fan of playing the final in Baku. Even moreso if it’s Chelsea v Arsenal.

:lol: :thup:

Big fan of playing the final in Baku. Even moreso if it’s Chelsea v Arsenal.

:lol: :thup:

Lasses dad just went for Grand Prix, said it was a fucking nightmare getting there. Music to my bitter ears.