Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Spot on Godzilla.

Personally, I was swept away with the Staveley stuff, but we were in new territory. I was never convinced of Kenyon, nor I'm I ever convinced of someone trying to get the money together via various parties.

We are all entitled to judge things how we want but there are factors at play now, that were not there during these previous attempts.

1. BZG are loaded - Probably, although theres not much info available on them.

2. They have provided proof of funds - According to themselves, yes.

3. They have an agreed price - So did Kenyon.

4. They have begun fit and proper persons (further than anyone else) - They haven't even claimed this. Read their statement carefully.

5. Mike Ashley has remained silent when it's his favourite hobby shooting down these takeovers - After he has let them run their course for a month or so, yes.

Whether it happens or not, you are twisting the facts (probably because you really want it all to be true, as we all do). This is far from being a certainty.

Guest godzilla

Where is it confirmed that the fit and proper persons test has been triggered? Or is this just assuming from something?

It isn’t confirmed as far as I’m aware but BZG said that they are awaiting the ‘so-called fit and proper test’ and are ready to assist the PL with it. Think Ashley is the one who has to submit the actual forms with the PL.

So the statement that didn't actually say it's started?  :lol:

They said documentation has been submitted to the PL and that 'The so called fit-and-proper Premier League process is a standard procedure which will take time, and we are doing all we can to assist the Premier League during this process'. To me that indicates yes it has been started.

Where is it confirmed that the fit and proper persons test has been triggered? Or is this just assuming from something?

It isn’t confirmed as far as I’m aware but BZG said that they are awaiting the ‘so-called fit and proper test’ and are ready to assist the PL with it. Think Ashley is the one who has to submit the actual forms with the PL.

They said documentation has been submitted to the PL and that 'The so called fit-and-proper Premier League process is a standard procedure which will take time, and we are doing all we can to assist the Premier League during this process'. To me that indicates yes it has been started.

It's vague.

Nope

Spot on Godzilla.

Personally, I was swept away with the Staveley stuff, but we were in new territory. I was never convinced of Kenyon, nor I'm I ever convinced of someone trying to get the money together via various parties.

We are all entitled to judge things how we want but there are factors at play now, that were not there during these previous attempts.

4. They have begun fit and proper persons (further than anyone else) - They haven't even claimed this. Read their statement carefully.

5. Mike Ashley has remained silent when it's his favourite hobby shooting down these takeovers - After he has let them run their course for a month or so, yes.

Whether it happens or not, you are twisting the facts (probably because you really want it all to be true, as we all do). This is far from being a certainty.

The club confirmed their statements to be true. I'm standing behind all of that other than the fit and proper persons test bit but it was assumed this process would begun ASAP.

Nah. They didn’t say it had been submitted.

Guest godzilla

It's vague.

Maybe, I read it that is was already in progress as documentation had been submitted and they were assisting the PL, which to me anyway indicates it has been started.

As I said, fans are so desperate for this to be true that they're twisting things in their minds to be positive news.

We need to be cynical where this club is concerned, as if the last 10+ years haven't happened.

From the Douglas article above:

The Owners and Directors Test

This seems to the biggest area of conflict. Bin Zayed claim they are into this part of the process but our understanding is reports that the Premier League are yet to begin this process ARE correct. It has also been reported that top flight authorities are yet to have contact from those behind the would-be Newcastle owner’s group.

Guest godzilla

A document has been submitted to the PL they said they were assisting the PL in the fit and proper process. What else would that suggest or are you trying to say no documentation has been submitted at all?

Spot on Godzilla.

The club confirmed their statements to be true. I'm standing behind all of that other than the fit and proper persons test bit but it was assumed this process would begun ASAP.

Since when has our club been a bastion of truth?  :lol:

Also, I thought Charnley wouldn't know fuck all about this?

And you're going to ASSUME that they will start soon? Why?  :lol:

Guest godzilla

This seems to the biggest area of conflict. Bin Zayed claim they are into this part of the process but our understanding is reports that the Premier League are yet to begin this process ARE correct. It has also been reported that top flight authorities are yet to have contact from those behind the would-be Newcastle owner’s group.

So you're going off Mark Douglas of the Chronicle when the PL has already stated no comment  ;D ;D ;D

The idea that MA isn't actually looking to sell is laughable at this stage.  :lol: :lol:

Him and Sports Direct have taken a huge hit recently. Selling us might be his last chance to release some funds. Arcadia and with it Topshop are about to go into Administration, I could see him trying to buy them if he doesn’t just call it a day and decides to retire. I can see him semi-retiring now, his son in law is being thrusted to take overall charge of SD, all of his own kids have left, recently got back together and remarried his wife in recent years. I can see him selling us, using the majority of the funds to invest/buy businesses to diverse SD more, and spend more and more time abroad.

A document has been submitted to the PL they said they were assisting the PL in the fit and proper process. What else would that suggest or are you trying to say no documentation has been submitted at all?

Will you stop twisting my posts :lol:

I did not say no documentation had been submitted to the PL. A signed document has been submitted from both parties saying they are in negotiations and to expect further contact about it. The Fit and Proper test has not been submitted yet and if you read the BZG statement carefully you’ll understand this. Also, read Douglas’s latest article.

This is BZG’s statement:

"Terms have been agreed between us and Mike Ashley; these terms have been reflected in a document, signed by both parties, which has been forwarded to the Premier League.

"The proof of funds statement was forwarded to Mike Ashley’s lawyers on 17 April 2019.

"The so called fit-and-proper Premier League process is a standard procedure which will take time, and we are doing all we can to assist the Premier League during this process.“

Guest godzilla

Will you stop twisting my posts :lol:

I did not say no documentation had been submitted to the PL. A signed document has been submitted from both parties saying they are in negotiations and to expect further contact about it. The Fit and Proper test has not been submitted yet and if you read the BZG statement carefully you’ll understand this. Also, read Douglas’s latest article.

You don't know what has been submitted I'm not twisting your words and as for your comment on Mark Douglas  ;D ;D ;D

I remember the feeling of deflation when Stanley's bid failed, as I was just starting to believe it was happening. There were HUGE noises that it was going to be completed, then he calls them time wasters.

I'm not putting myself in that position again.

Absolutely where I am at. I felt 100% certain on the Staveley bid. Was absolutely flattened the night that fell through.

So you're going off Mark Douglas of the Chronicle when the PL has already stated no comment  ;D ;D ;D

You are being wilfully contrary and quite frankly a bit strange.

By the way this is the 4th takeover. We forgetting bout big Barry Moat and That’s the ones we know about.

Plus the American consortium, the Mexicans, was there Chinese mentioned also at one point?  :lol: :lol:

Guest godzilla

No I'm going off you believing a bullshit reporter who hasn't a clue what's happening, nothing strange about that but if you want to Champion the Chronicle methods for factual reporting then crack on.

Facts have gone out the window due to hope I think.

Guest godzilla

What facts are these then?

What facts are these then?

That absolutely no-one and nowhere has claimed the fit and proper persons test is in process, for one.

I'm out, believe whatever you want to believe.

No I'm going off you believing a bullshit reporter who hasn't a clue what's happening, nothing strange about that but if you want to Champion the Chronicle methods for factual reporting then crack on.

Again, I said nothing about championing the Chronicles reporting, i just posted what he reported about it. . I’m going off the BZG statement and what I’ve read from the little info available.