Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

How's your asking 5000 for a 500 pound car theory coming along?

Get back to me when you understand the difference between a theory and a metaphor.

If you seriously think Ashley has been an active and serious seller for years then be my quest but I think you find yourself pretty alone in that corner.

Because nobody has matched his price, not rocket science but seems a bit hard for you to understand.

Unbelievably naive.

Last I will say on Ashley and him being a serious seller, but which group has met his price, please name them? If someone had and the deal had not went through then I would agree. As soon as one has met the price we will be sold and that looks like it's happening now. I'll call Ashley as much as anyone for his total lack of investment and running of the club, but it's his club and it doesn't matter what people think is a fair or unfair price it's his value that matters. If this deal goes through at his requested price then he would say he was right in waiting until someone paid that value. Time will tell or not if the deal goes through and who is right or wrong.

I think the point is if Ashley was seriously wanting to sell he'd value the club reasonably. By valuing the club at such an unreasonable figure he's simply tricking the gullible masses (ie. you) with his little game of deceit.

Guest godzilla

I think the point is if Ashley was seriously wanting to sell he'd value the club reasonably. By valuing the club at such an unreasonable figure he's simply tricking the gullible masses (ie. you) with his little game of deceit.

Your calling me so I will respond, let's see who is right then come a week or two  O0

What thing is pretty much certain and that is if the club doesn't get sold and Rafa leaves, apart from a bit of angst on some forums, nothing will happen that concerns Ashley, as SJP will be sold out for the first game of the season irrespective of who the manager is.

Whey, I know 100% I won't be having anything to do with the club in that instance.  I was ready to walk away before Rafa came in, he's the only thing that's kept me involved.  Can only hope others feel the same if it comes to it.  But yeah in all likelihood the stadium will probably still be full for the foreseeable future.

Well done sherlock.

Get back to me when you understand the difference between a theory and a metaphor.

If you seriously think Ashley has been an active and serious seller for years then be my quest but I think you find yourself pretty alone in that corner.

Because nobody has matched his price, not rocket science but seems a bit hard for you to understand.

If Ashley is to be believed (yes I know) the club has been up for sale for a Decade now. Just look at how many other clubs (that weren't necessarily up for sale either) have changed hands in that time.

If he was serious about selling he could have done so a long time ago.

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

Last I will say on Ashley and him being a serious seller, but which group has met his price, please name them? If someone had and the deal had not went through then I would agree. As soon as one has met the price we will be sold and that looks like it's happening now. I'll call Ashley as much as anyone for his total lack of investment and running of the club, but it's his club and it doesn't matter what people think is a fair or unfair price it's his value that matters. If this deal goes through at his requested price then he would say he was right in waiting until someone paid that value. Time will tell or not if the deal goes through and who is right or wrong.

It was supposedly £300m and then all of a sudden its £350 million.

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

No price has ever been quoted officially, I'm just going off paper reports it is 350 but I don't know that for sure

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

I'm assuming price increase was to do with the significant rise of TV package revenues. Whether or not £300m was fair to begin with is another story.....

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

If Ashley is to be believed (yes I know) the club has been up for sale for a Decade now. Just look at how many other clubs (that weren't necessarily up for sale either) have changed hands in that time.

If he was serious about selling he could have done so a long time ago.

Have a look at what I put, and we were relegated twice in the 'decade' period (very much more difficult to sell the club in the Championship) especially at his value. Let's just see if this sale goes ahead and if it does, well after two bids not succeeding which didn't match his value and then one bid succeeding which did match his value it will show he was willing to sell at HIS value. Proof will be in the pudding over the next week or two as to who is right or wrong. And trust me I'll be the first to call him a c*** if this sale does not go through as his value has been matched. People can disagree all they want but we won't have long to see either way.

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

I'm assuming price increase was to do with the significant rise of TV package revenues. Whether or not £300m was fair to begin with is another story.....

You maybe right with your first point and as for your second point I agree with that also as I'm sure most do, but only one person owns the club and his decision is final as they say.

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

It's incredibly naive and it just shows some people will believe pretty much anything Ashley wants.

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

It's incredibly naive and it just shows some people will believe pretty much anything Ashley wants.

Wait and see and I'm going to love it when this takeover happens  :smitten:

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

a0edeb531505e1ee4a8a8ee65cfe0c3ab38664f1.jpg

Ashley hasnt been trying to sell the club for 10 years, nor has he ever claimed to. He tried to sell when we got relegated the first time and again the second time.

If I was selling my house, I wouldnt put it for sale at the price I wanted for it. Either way, Ashley has his asking price, let's see if he has reneged on the deal.

Northern echo

The situation is further clouded by the ongoing takeover talk, although things have not really moved on in the last couple of weeks since news of the Bin Zayed Group’s interest in buying out Ashley was made public.

The Dubai-based group, led by Sheikh Khaled, continue to insist publicly and privately that their attempts to complete a £350m buyout remain on track, but a number of different sources continue to question whether they will be able to complete a deal.

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

Wait and see :lol:

You really don't understand what people are talking about here at all do you? If he ends up selling the club now then how exactly does it prove he has tried to sell the club for years?

fwiw I'm of the opinion that these people are genuine buyers. Is FCB a genuine seller?

He'll sell when the proceeds are enough for him to re-invest in whatever grand plan he has for his 'high street' endeavours and only if/when the re-investment of said proceeds brings in the same amount of revenue he's creamed off of the club anually. People trying to second guess FCBs motives/action sometimes appear to forget they're not dealing with a normal person. 

Didn't the Stavely people value the club at £250 mill after doing due diligence

They made 3 offers iirc:

£250m cash no clauses.

£300m - £200m paid up front and 2 X £50m to be laid later, but not payable if relegated. 

£350m - various relegation and future success clauses. Can't remember split.

So yes, though appears was skewed by the risk of relegation which was pretty real at the time.

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

You really don't understand what people are talking about here at all do you? If he ends up selling the club now then how exactly does it prove he has tried to sell the club for years?

It's you who said he wasn't a willing seller all I said is that his value for the club was never previously met and that he wouldn't until it was met. If he ends up selling at the price being said this will show what I said was right i.e. his value of the club has been met and he is now selling, dear me it really isn't hard you know

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

It's you who said he wasn't a willing seller all I said is that his value for the club was never previously met and that he wouldn't until it was met. If he ends up selling at the price being said this will show what I said was right i.e. his value of the club has been met and he is now selling, dear me it really isn't hard you know

The conversation was about his whole time here not just about this summer. You have no idea about the terms he is willing to sell with now do you?

1) Things might have changed because his other business interest and he's prepared to make a deal he previously wasnt.

2) He might have finally found someone who is willing to pay "over the market price" for the club.

I think the most telling sign about his willingness to part with the club has been the time it has taken to get to a stage where we are now. Just repeatedly shouting about no one paying him his asking price doesnt prove he has been realistic or truthful about his intentions to sell before.

E: Maybe thats enough about this now. You think he has been trying to sell the club for years or whatever time. I dont. Let's hope he's selling it now regardless of what his intentions have been in the past.

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

Unbelievably naive.

The conversation was about his whole time here not just about this summer. You have no idea about the terms he is willing to sell with now do you?

1) Things might have changed because his other business interest and he's prepared to make a deal he previously wasnt.

2) He might have finally found someone who is willing to pay "over the market price" for the club.

I think the most telling sign about his willingness to part with the club has been the time it has taken to get to a stage where we are now. Just repeatedly shouting about no one paying him his asking price doesnt prove he has been realistic or truthful about his intentions to sell before.

I agree NOBODY knows what his terms previously were including you. I've said all through this thread that I think he wants to concentrate on his main business interests and I've also stated continuously that his reported value for the club was way over the top. It's you and others who have said he has NEVER been a willing seller, but you don't know that for sure as nobody has come near to matching the reported agreed value. If they had he quite possibly would have been already gone, do I know that for certain no and neither do you.