Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

No one person is bigger than the club. No matter how much we love Rafa.

As much as Rafa is key atm I do agree with this. New owners could come in and appoint Mourinho he goes on to win the FA Cup or league people would forget about Rafa quickly

Sacked while 16th with Chelsea :fwap:

Then wasted £400million at Man Utd sounds the perfect man for a Sheikh investment.

Everything working out perfectly for Ashley I reckon. String Rafa along with the takeover excuse, wait til his contract expires, leak this China stuff to the press so he can say Rafa left for more money and then come out and say the takeover is off because the buyers weren't serious yadadada.

Employ Tactics Tim, sit back and laugh.

Guest chopey

Everything working out perfectly for Ashley I reckon. String Rafa along with the takeover excuse, wait til his contract expires, leak this China stuff to the press so he can say Rafa left for more money and then come out and say the takeover is off because the buyers weren't serious yadadada.

Employ Tactics Tim, sit back and laugh.

I'm sure 14 fans will go in 10 minutes late in October to show Ashley how upset we are.

As much as Rafa is key atm I do agree with this. New owners could come in and appoint Mourinho he goes on to win the FA Cup or league people would forget about Rafa quickly

Then wasted £400million at Man Utd sounds the perfect man for a Sheikh investment.

He still won things with both. Let's be honest Mickey mouse could win us a trophy and hed be a legend we are all craving us just winning something

Hmm...

Is he implying that these potential buyers want absolute secrecy?

Finally someone at the chronicle might have some info but won't share it.

He’s not Chronicle.

What's worst is that Douglas didnt give any reason for that article, basically saying it wont be done before the end of Rafas contract.

The other thing is that the NE journalists are putting emphasis on Rafa, as if his situation is more important than a takeover.

If a takeover happens, I couldn't give a flying f*** about Rafas contract TBH. A takeover IS everything to the future of this club.

Its definitely takeover or bust for me. Benitez staying with Ashley changes nothing for the direction of the club other than reapplying the plaster on the axe wound.

Rafa staying with either owner or bust for me.

The club will drop down the leagues like Sunderland otherwise.

The takeover is the absolute most important thing by an absolute mile. We have had 12 years of the club being totally devoid of basic investment and improvement. No person manager or player is more important than the future of the club.

How can you know that when you have absolutely no idea what the new owners will be like :lol:

The man that can offer Newcastle the most guaranteed security for the future of this football club is Rafa Benitez.

The other thing is that the NE journalists are putting emphasis on Rafa, as if his situation is more important than a takeover.

If people don’t start to realise that they sure as hell will find that out.

If a takeover happens, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Rafas contract TBH. A takeover IS everything to the future of this club.

Enjoy Tim Sherwood and dropping down to League 1 then.

You think the new owners are going to hire Tim Sherwood?

The stupidity amazes me :lol:

If people don’t start to realise that they sure as hell will find that out.

If a takeover happens, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Rafas contract TBH. A takeover IS everything to the future of this club.

A lot of our fans are in for a reality check.

The same ones that wanted Sir Bobby out for 3rd, 4th, 5th probably :laugh:

Have we really not realised managers like Sir Bobby and Rafa Benitez only come round once in a blue moon have we really not realised that yet?

6yCXmc7P_o.png

Every time the forum is slow to load i wonder if its finally happened and everyone is on here giffing the fuck out of the place.  :lol:

This.  :lol:

I thought this was just me

Me as well.  Feel like Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting.... favourite part of the day is when I get up and fire up the laptop and log in here, that sliver of hope as the page loads.....

This initial leak to the Sun that broke the story. I'm now 90% sure it has originated from Ashley via whatever means. Not the PL.

Let's assume he is selling this time, a willing seller, and he gets a legit bid. He's going to want to start an auction, force other interested parties hands. Of course he could inform other parties he's had a bid but that might not be fully believed. A breaking story in the press however, but then, why did BZG respond with confirmation? They didn't need to, I suspect I'd have been furious the story broke after I'd had a bid accepted in principle.

Whoever the interested parties are they must be aware the longer time drags on before finalisation the worse for the start of the season. Any serious bidder at this point must be thinking about tranfers, surely?

Christ, someone chuck some straws on the table for me to clutch at.

Caulkin claims he knows the other bidder but won't say - or its off. Well that's a bit fucking dramatic. If Caulkin knows then so do others. Everyone in the 'dog eat dog' world of journalism is going to keep shut cause the pansies will pull out if you mention their name?

Wish I was going to some remote region for the next month, no wifi, zilch, nada. Read all about it when I get back.

I think everyone would rather have new owners and Benitez staying.  But I also agree the most important thing has to be new owners.  With Ashley here all a top manager like Rafa can do is continue to bail water out of the dilapidated and sinking ghost ship that is NUFC, he'll never be allowed to do anything more under this fat cunt.  New owners with some kind of ambition are required for the club to really mean something again.

Mike Ashley and Bishop are simply trying to play games with us.. Sports direct with the monochrome advert to try and wind fans up, then KBA Agency gets loads of shit tossed at them and all of sudden sky sources saying Rafa is considering a deal in China.

Bishop is the Sky Sports source and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the source of the original S*n story.

Rafa is playing politics with them and they are trying to one up him.