464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

pls paste mail articles in so we don't have to give them more clicks

By OLIVER HOLT FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 20 July 2019 | UPDATED: 09:19, 21 July 2019

It is apparent already, even with the start of the new Premier League season still almost three weeks away, that Newcastle United will be one of the most compelling stories of the nine months that lie ahead.

Not in a good way, obviously. Compelling like one of those videos of a car on black ice, sliding down a hill towards traffic in a snowstorm. Bystanders watch. They know the crash is coming.

Newcastle are already on that hill. They started rolling down it when the owner, Mike Ashley, allowed Rafa Benitez to leave the club.

And when he sold Ayoze Perez to Leicester City, who are the kind of team a club with Newcastle's support base should be blowing out of the water.

Salomon Rondon, Newcastle's best player last season when he was on loan from West Brom, was allowed to move too.

All the classic early signs of trouble are there: supporters refusing to renew their season tickets, lack of investment, a protracted and inept takeover bid, fans planning a stadium boycott, dissent surrounding the appointment of a new manager and players involved in a brawl after a pub crawl. In the grim game of relegation bingo, Newcastle's numbers just came up.

It is hardly surprising they are one of the favourites to go down. Until now, Ashley's stewardship of the club has merely been like a festering sore, the pustulating antithesis to the passion of the supporters.

In the last couple of months, the condition has deteriorated. Now he runs the club like he's

With the right owner, Newcastle could be Liverpool. They could be a club that uses its power-base in its region to challenge for honours.

It bestrides its city like few other clubs, its stadium dominating like a fortress on the hill, the focus of the Geordie nation, and yet its owner is allowing its power to fall away into impotence and stasis.

Ashley's entire cursed reign at Newcastle has been an exercise in brinksmanship. Trying to do the bare minimum to keep the team in the top flight with access to all those television riches.

Trying to do just enough and no more. Trying to spend just enough to stay up. Sometimes it has worked. Sometimes it hasn't. Either way, there has never been any joy in it.

As an owner, Ashley has never been anything other than semi-detached. The club is a milch cow for him, a tool to help promote his true love, Sports Direct.

A club that was once everyone's second favourite team has now become a byword for charmlessness, meanness, gracelessness, spite and lack of ambition.

In these circumstances, maybe it is not surprising that Newcastle fans greeted the appointment of Steve Bruce as their new manager last week with dismay.

There has been an acceptance for some time that the club need a miracle worker, not just a manager, to counter the malign influence of Ashley and Bruce does not conform to that description.

In the wake of the departure of Benitez, some supporters deluded themselves that men such as Jose Mourinho, Roberto Martinez, Eddie Howe or Steven Gerrard might be interested in the job.

But why would anyone with self-respect or ambition or a reputation to uphold even toy with the idea of taking over at this version of Newcastle?

The truth is that Bruce is too good for Newcastle, not the other way round. He is too good for Ashley's Newcastle anyway. He may or may not have been 11th choice for the job. That's meaningless if the top 10 decided they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

If Bruce were not a Geordie whose late father loved the club, I doubt he would have gone anywhere near it, either.

Newcastle is a great club but Ashley's Newcastle is not. Ashley's Newcastle is a club that is lucky to have a man and a manager like Bruce.

Ashley's Newcastle is lucky to have a manager with an affinity for the club, a decent track record as a boss and someone who will be emotionally invested in trying to save it from its owner as well as the other 19 teams in the division.

He might not be what Newcastle fans wanted but he's as good as it's going to get under Ashley.

If they direct their ire at the manager, they will be missing the target. This is not about Bruce, who has done a good job in difficult circumstances at other clubs. This is about an owner who is fiddling while Newcastle burns.

To attack Bruce would be to do what Ashley wants because it would shift the focus away from him. To attack Bruce would be to divert attention from the real problem. To attack Bruce would be to ignore the root cause of what is going wrong.

To attack Bruce would be to undermine the best chance Newcastle supporters have got of salvaging something from this season.

I don't subscribe to the idea that Newcastle fans are over-entitled for complaining about their lot.

Maybe they've had it easy compared to clubs such as Morecambe and Leyton Orient but it doesn't change the fact that a club of their size and their potential deserves better than Ashley.

With a decent owner — an owner who is prepared to back his manager rather than ignore him — Newcastle could be a somebody in football again.

Instead of which, a crisis is upon St James' Park that is of Ashley's making and Newcastle are on the slide before a ball has been kicked.

Hello, Good Evenin, Welcome

To a nothing club.

A no holds barred half nelson

from the CUNT above

The anguish, and the pain, of feeling lost

at the only club that couldn't give a toss.

Grab another reject from another haul

of relegated basket cases and bosman laws.

So wipe the smug looks off their faces with another fall

take 5 or 6 of the biggest stars to paper the walls

The anguish, and the pain, of feeling lost

at the only club that couldn't give a toss.

I've teamed up with the protests now

all wor flags are furled.

I want to share my loathing of the cockney CUNT

with the whole damn world

The scousers, the mackems, and even Leeds

FIFA, UEFA, CONCAF and the Football League

Reporters, pundits, and Darren Gough

We're the only club that couldn't give a toss.

Sit down and they'll keep you up to date

the two fat bastards we all love to hate

The safe seventeenth lovers, that lied

Bishop's two faces, and the lawyer makes five

Pulverised passions, dead tours of china

young uns first game and 1969ers

fanatics and followers, loyal supporters

locked down ambition, no help  from reporters

Goodbye Rafa, Mikel and Ayoze

Salomon and Fabian and everyone who knows it

The scousers, the mackems and even Leeds

FIFA UEFA CONCAF, the football league

The reporters, the pundits and Dennis Wise

Hello, good evening welcome, hope you die.

Guest covmag

pls paste mail articles in so we don't have to give them more clicks

By OLIVER HOLT FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 20 July 2019 | UPDATED: 09:19, 21 July 2019

It is apparent already, even with the start of the new Premier League season still almost three weeks away, that Newcastle United will be one of the most compelling stories of the nine months that lie ahead.

Not in a good way, obviously. Compelling like one of those videos of a car on black ice, sliding down a hill towards traffic in a snowstorm. Bystanders watch. They know the crash is coming.

Newcastle are already on that hill. They started rolling down it when the owner, Mike Ashley, allowed Rafa Benitez to leave the club.

And when he sold Ayoze Perez to Leicester City, who are the kind of team a club with Newcastle's support base should be blowing out of the water.

Salomon Rondon, Newcastle's best player last season when he was on loan from West Brom, was allowed to move too.

All the classic early signs of trouble are there: supporters refusing to renew their season tickets, lack of investment, a protracted and inept takeover bid, fans planning a stadium boycott, dissent surrounding the appointment of a new manager and players involved in a brawl after a pub crawl. In the grim game of relegation bingo, Newcastle's numbers just came up.

It is hardly surprising they are one of the favourites to go down. Until now, Ashley's stewardship of the club has merely been like a festering sore, the pustulating antithesis to the passion of the supporters.

In the last couple of months, the condition has deteriorated. Now he runs the club like he's

With the right owner, Newcastle could be Liverpool. They could be a club that uses its power-base in its region to challenge for honours.

It bestrides its city like few other clubs, its stadium dominating like a fortress on the hill, the focus of the Geordie nation, and yet its owner is allowing its power to fall away into impotence and stasis.

Ashley's entire cursed reign at Newcastle has been an exercise in brinksmanship. Trying to do the bare minimum to keep the team in the top flight with access to all those television riches.

Trying to do just enough and no more. Trying to spend just enough to stay up. Sometimes it has worked. Sometimes it hasn't. Either way, there has never been any joy in it.

As an owner, Ashley has never been anything other than semi-detached. The club is a milch cow for him, a tool to help promote his true love, Sports Direct.

A club that was once everyone's second favourite team has now become a byword for charmlessness, meanness, gracelessness, spite and lack of ambition.

In these circumstances, maybe it is not surprising that Newcastle fans greeted the appointment of Steve Bruce as their new manager last week with dismay.

There has been an acceptance for some time that the club need a miracle worker, not just a manager, to counter the malign influence of Ashley and Bruce does not conform to that description.

In the wake of the departure of Benitez, some supporters deluded themselves that men such as Jose Mourinho, Roberto Martinez, Eddie Howe or Steven Gerrard might be interested in the job.

But why would anyone with self-respect or ambition or a reputation to uphold even toy with the idea of taking over at this version of Newcastle?

The truth is that Bruce is too good for Newcastle, not the other way round. He is too good for Ashley's Newcastle anyway. He may or may not have been 11th choice for the job. That's meaningless if the top 10 decided they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

If Bruce were not a Geordie whose late father loved the club, I doubt he would have gone anywhere near it, either.

Newcastle is a great club but Ashley's Newcastle is not. Ashley's Newcastle is a club that is lucky to have a man and a manager like Bruce.

Ashley's Newcastle is lucky to have a manager with an affinity for the club, a decent track record as a boss and someone who will be emotionally invested in trying to save it from its owner as well as the other 19 teams in the division.

He might not be what Newcastle fans wanted but he's as good as it's going to get under Ashley.

If they direct their ire at the manager, they will be missing the target. This is not about Bruce, who has done a good job in difficult circumstances at other clubs. This is about an owner who is fiddling while Newcastle burns.

To attack Bruce would be to do what Ashley wants because it would shift the focus away from him. To attack Bruce would be to divert attention from the real problem. To attack Bruce would be to ignore the root cause of what is going wrong.

To attack Bruce would be to undermine the best chance Newcastle supporters have got of salvaging something from this season.

I don't subscribe to the idea that Newcastle fans are over-entitled for complaining about their lot.

Maybe they've had it easy compared to clubs such as Morecambe and Leyton Orient but it doesn't change the fact that a club of their size and their potential deserves better than Ashley.

With a decent owner — an owner who is prepared to back his manager rather than ignore him — Newcastle could be a somebody in football again.

Instead of which, a crisis is upon St James' Park that is of Ashley's making and Newcastle are on the slide before a ball has been kicked.

Always thought he was a wanker.however that is spot fucking on.

Any cunt reading take it in, dont go

Guest chopey

Just out of curiosity, did Ashley bring the players out on holliday as he promised? ?

No, apparently he went into the changing room and told them he was giving that money to Sports Direct staff

Just out of curiosity, did Ashley bring the players out on holliday as he promised? ?

No, apparently he went into the changing room and told them he was giving that money to Sports Direct staff

By SD staff he probably meant himself.

Edwards being an insufferable arsehole again, just no need.

I feel like he's done about 5 golden flounces this summer but then a few days later starts posting shit winding people up again.

I think he is referring to an article written by Holt that he used twitter to comment on.  In which he criticised Benitez for going to China despite not wanting Newcastle to tour there - yes, I know... So he's being deliberately obtuse again to imply Newcastle fans are targeting him.  Complete chief.

1St post lads , just have to get this off my chest ,

Mike ashley will never ever ever ever sell the club as things stand.

There is not a chance in hell he wants anything other than a lifetime partership with his business and the club.(my humble opinion of course ,but why wouldnt he?)

I remember his comments from a couple of year back , " i wont sell until we win a trophy"

I believe there is a lot of truth in that , its typical ashley style..impossible targets anyone!??

The only chance the fans have with this cunt is unfortunatley - prolonged mass boycott .

Even then ,i think he would take the club down a couple of leagues before selling because again this appears to be his style along with the publicity he would get.

I think the fans still attending , and handing him hard earned cash need take a  long hard look at themselves and the clubs priorities and the contempt in which they are held.

Remember , the  reason a football club exists is for the FANS! , It should not exist for the sole purpose of 1 mans personal and business interests. A man with no allegiance with the club or region whatsover!

Unfortunately , this is now the reason for the clubs existence and will continue to be so until PROLONGED MASS BOYCOTT!!!

So happy i threw mine in 10yrs ago after holding for 17yr and guess what !  I haven't missed a single loyalty point!

Good luck!

There is not a chance in hell he wants anything other than a lifetime partership with his business and the club.(my humble opinion of course ,but why wouldnt he?)

I remember his comments from a couple of year back , " i wont sell until we win a trophy"

I believe there is a lot of truth in that , its typical ashley style..impossible targets anyone!??

The only chance the fans have with this cunt is unfortunatley - prolonged mass boycott .

Even then ,i think he would take the club down a couple of leagues before selling because again this appears to be his style along with the publicity he would get.

I think the fans still attending , and handing him hard earned cash need take a  long hard look at themselves and the clubs priorities and the contempt in which they are held.

Remember , the  reason a football club exists is for the FANS! , It should not exist for the sole purpose of 1 mans personal and business interests. A man with no allegiance with the club or region whatsover!

Unfortunately , this is now the reason for the clubs existence and will continue to be so until PROLONGED MASS BOYCOTT!!!

So happy i threw mine in 10yrs ago after holding for 17yr and guess what !  I haven't missed a single loyalty point!

Good luck!

He'd like nothing more than to rid himself of the white elephant that is the football club, but he isn't going to sacrifice the brand association that he bought in the first place. That's why he will sell for cheap [with attachments], to somebody like Kenyon. He'll use the excuse that Kenyon has the best interests of the club at heart.

The only chance the fans have with this c*** is unfortunatley - prolonged mass boycott .

Good luck!

He'd like nothing more than to rid himself of the white elephant that is the football club, but he isn't going to sacrifice the brand association that he bought in the first place. That's why he will sell for cheap [with attachments], to somebody like Kenyon. He'll use the excuse that Kenyon has the best interests of the club at heart.

My suspicions also mate , if he sells it will be a percentage only with a new figurehead sat on mikes knee.

i also think charnley will be used as leverage and sacked at some point as another diversion tactic to buy another season.

Good luck!

He doesn't want rid. If he did, we would have been sold years ago. It's really not hard to see.

I doubt very much Kenyon was for real. I mean, he didn't have any fucking money for one, then he wrote a big love letter to Mike. Doesn't inspire confidence that it was even a real bid.

If he wanted to sell to Kenyon for cheap, he could have done so. How cheap it would have to be for Kenyon to be able to afford it is anyones guess though.

Is it still considered "flat-earther" territory to question BZG's legitimacy? Because from the beginning to the end of this ridiculous 'takeover' saga they have failed to make me believe they ever had any intentions of doing a deal. I think it's just as, if not more likely, they were business associates of Ashley doing him a favour.

I mean, surely after wasting so much time and money and effort, they might have something to say other than "it's not our fault and it's not Ashley's fault the takeover failed." Then almost insinuate it's the PL's fault....fucking jokers man.  :lol: