Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

W

Surely if there was any chance of this group taking over Benitez would have been hanging g around if it was going to be anytime soon

Not if they want their own man.

I just cant see this being the case myself like

Unless they promised Mourinho the job or something.

I know i kmow  :lol:

Funny, I've been thinking about this this evening.... making some big leaps in my logic but here goes...….

it's well known that Jose has

1) affection for this club

2) is looking for a 'project'

3) is highly thought of in the middle east (maybe more so than Rafa is?) pure guesswork on my part

4) is linked to the job in some way

If I was Jose I would have had my representatives contact BZG a few weeks ago about the possibility of working with them should they take over (kind of like it was Rafa who got in touch with us, we didn't go looking for him)

Managers at that level know what they want and go for it.

Rafa was perfect for us but I can see Jose doing well here (provided not under the fat cunt obviously).

Would rather have  Mikel Arteta, Roberto Martinez or Eddie Howe instead of Jose Mourinho though!

Agree that all 3 would be good options but, and maybe I'm doing BZG a disservice but don't think they'd be looking at/considering any of them.  Think they'd go for a Jose as big headline grabbing statement of intent.

Guest godzilla

W

Surely if there was any chance of this group taking over Benitez would have been hanging g around if it was going to be anytime soon

Funny, I've been thinking about this this evening.... making some big leaps in my logic but here goes...….

3) is highly thought of in the middle east (maybe more so than Rafa is?) pure guesswork on my part

If I was Jose I would have had my representatives contact BZG a few weeks ago about the possibility of working with them should they take over (kind of like it was Rafa who got in touch with us, we didn't go looking for him)

Rafa was perfect for us but I can see Jose doing well here (provided not under the fat c*** obviously).

Would rather have  Mikel Arteta, Roberto Martinez or Eddie Howe instead of Jose Mourinho though!

The blokes record is one of the best, like him (I know not many do including me) or loathe him he would be a better option than any of the three you mention

What if the incoming owners didn't want Rafa but also didn't want to start on the wrong foot with the fans, would it be conceivable that they get Ashley to do the dirty work as part of a deal? I mean it's not like Ashley could be hated any more than he already is.

... or, what if Ashley is going for a scorched earth policy and trying to cause as much heartache and grief for the fans in some sort of sick 'last laugh' on his part before selling up?

... or maybe, just maybe, fuck all's going to happen again.

Anything of note happening lads, or are you back to filling page after page with your favourite cookies?

BZG group may or may not release a statement this week, content unknown :kasper:

We'll know the content if there's no statement

:lol:

Cheers lads. Good to see club is on the up. Have we signed Rafa any new players yet?

W

Rafa was perfect for us but I can see Jose doing well here (provided not under the fat c*** obviously).

The blokes record is one of the best, like him (I know not many do including me) or loathe him he would be a better option than any of the three you mention

What would happen with Mourinho is that he would blame his mistakes on everybody else, fall out with everybody and leave in two seasons.

I rather we go for someone young and hungry who could stay for many years. Arteta would be my prefered choice even though he lacks experiense. Think Howe would be exellent aswell.

Guest godzilla

W

What would happen with Mourinho is that he would blame his mistakes on everybody else, fall out with everybody and leave in two seasons.

I rather we go for someone young and hungry who could stay for many years. Arteta would be my prefered choice even though he lacks experiense. Think Howe would be exellent aswell.

He wins things and has a proven record of success at all levels. We might not be in a position to choose anyway if the takeover doesn't happen as I'm certain Mourinho wouldn't be here and I don't think the other three would come either.

I think Jose would be great here and would act a lot differently to how he was at Man U.  He's feed off the Sir Bobby link and being at "Bobbys House" as he calls it.

I think so too. He also hasn't ruled it out. He did mention his next job would be a project but at a club with ambition that matched his. Doesn't fit currently. Might with new ownership.

Still a tough ask coming in after rafa adoration wise. It could really backfire and we know he wouldn't take any rejection well.

His link to bobby would pull him through any objections. Under any normal circumstances we would be over the moon at the proposition.

This thread tomorrow when there is no statement :anguish:

To be fair the tweet say next few days. So likely Friday. The local rags said maybe tmrw but since when have they known anything.

I fully expect the statement to just be a simple. "We are still interested things are progressing, we are hopeful."

This thread tomorrow when there is no statement :anguish:

To be fair the tweet say next few days. So likely Friday. The local rags said maybe tmrw but since when have they known anything.

The radio bloke who posted about the supposed update wrote an article for the Gazette recently,  maybe hes tipped them off or maybe I'm full of wine grasping at straws made out of good ol' plastic.

Might be massively wrong but the fact that it’s a pre-written statement instantly makes me feel that it’s bad news. We really have tried but dealing with Ashley is a nightmare etc....

The people on Twitter who apparently talk to Midhat say it’s bad news.

We just aren’t going to get any good news this Summer are we :(

Might be massively wrong but the fact that it’s a pre-written statement instantly makes me feel that it’s bad news. We really have tried but dealing with Ashley is a nightmare etc....

No one is talking to him man

Annoyingly mate it looks like they are.

It’s hard to sort out the real messages from the Odin- type ones though. Why this Midhat guy ever replies to anyone though is beyond me.

Yeah the video call was his twin :rolleyes:

And his number on their own website where they got it from isn’t his.

Annoyingly mate it looks like they are.

It’s hard to sort out the real messages from the Odin- type ones though. Why this Midhat guy ever replies to anyone though is beyond me.

Really? but why would he be telling people shit, it's weird

Mate I have no idea. It’s a bit weird and shows a lack of judgement if you ask me. People have been phoning him at midnight Dubai time ffs. He must have known what he’d be in for when he started replying. Utterly embarrassing that anyone has text or phoned him mind. Completely out of line.

Hard to tell which messages are real and which photoshopped though.

Guest Gonzo

Pinched this from Twitter.

Bin Zayed Group statement - "It is with regret that we must accept defeat in our attempts to buy Newcastle United. The deal has become far more convoluted and expensive than our initial discussions with Mike Ashley suggested. We have found him to be intransigent, inconsistent and impossible to deal with."