Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

How the f*** would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

Haven’t the local press being saying the same things about sources from the ‘city’ tho

Haven't BZG stated they have provided proof of funds though.

I've always wondered why a consortium group of North east fellas has not got together and put an offer in. All it would take is the likes of Sting,Graham Wylie,Brian Johnson and a few other wealthy regional folk to front up the cash Ashley wants. I'm sure you could ruffle up a consortium of 10 to cover the initial cost

That's probably just very wishful thinking though

How the f*** would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

Haven’t the local press being saying the same things about sources from the ‘city’ tho

This is the problem the whole thing has been what bzg said v what’s been heard locally/in the city

I've always wondered why a consortium group of North east fellas has not got together and put an offer in. All it would take is the likes of Sting,Graham Wylie,Brian Johnson and a few other wealthy regional folk to front up the cash Ashley wants. I'm sure you could ruffle up a consortium of 10 to cover the initial cost

Always find it hillarious when people suggest this. Has this happened at a big club anywhere else?

Always find it hillarious when people suggest this. Has this happened at a big club anywhere else?

No it hasn't other than what's happened at Salford City but in hindsight no other big club is as desperate for a change of owner as we are

He says pretty much what we all think tbh. Deal agreed. Ashley went back for more (advertising rights etc) and ground to a halt.

I suspect if Ashley wanted to walk clean away this would have been complete a month ago but no, he’s a greedy bastard and that shitty tat filled shop of his means more to him

Mike Ashley has no will to sell whatsoever, if he did the club would have been sold years ago. Any deal that's proposed will have to be at least as equally-favourable to him financially as simply owning the club would be, if not we'll be stuck with him. I suspect he holds a tremendous grudge against us and would love a few "fuck you" clauses too if he could get them in there. Very unlikely that a deal will be struck IMO.

This is it basically. Very unlikely a deal will be struck, but if no season tickets were sold at all that could give him something of a nudge towards doing a deal. Not gonna happen though as he sits back and judges that theres going to be very little backlash again. Wonder what his next "fuck you" will be, he's played a fucking blinder so far this summer.

He says pretty much what we all think tbh. Deal agreed. Ashley went back for more (advertising rights etc) and ground to a halt.

I suspect if Ashley wanted to walk clean away this would have been complete a month ago but no, he’s a greedy bastard and that shitty tat filled shop of his means more to him

Mike Ashley has no will to sell whatsoever, if he did the club would have been sold years ago. Any deal that's proposed will have to be at least as equally-favourable to him financially as simply owning the club would be, if not we'll be stuck with him. I suspect he holds a tremendous grudge against us and would love a few "fuck you" clauses too if he could get them in there. Very unlikely that a deal will be struck IMO.

This is it basically. Very unlikely a deal will be struck, but if no season tickets were sold at all that could give him something of a nudge towards doing a deal. Not gonna happen though as he sits back and judges that theres going to be very little backlash again. Wonder what his next "fuck you" will be, he's played a fucking blinder so far this summer.

His next fuck you will be to appoint Dennis Wise as manager sell Longstsff and relegation number 3 confirmed

Someone get on the blower to Gazza, tell him to call his new mate Snoop Dogg and get him and a few of his rap mogul mates to buy the club.

Dr Dre, Snoop D O double G, Eminem and 50 Cent as the new board  :frantic:

Guest godzilla

This is the problem the whole thing has been what bzg said v what’s been heard locally/in the city

Couple of things by so called journalist 'sources' (I can't remember anyone quoting city sources [maybe wrong on that] just sources stating no proof of funds submitted) and now John Hall. If BZG have lied then they will soon be found out as it will come out officially very soon. Why would a multi-billion dollar company be telling lies on what they have submitted though.

Guest godzilla

I suspect if Ashley wanted to walk clean away this would have been complete a month ago but no, he’s a greedy b****** and that shitty tat filled shop of his means more to him

Mike Ashley has no will to sell whatsoever, if he did the club would have been sold years ago. Any deal that's proposed will have to be at least as equally-favourable to him financially as simply owning the club would be, if not we'll be stuck with him. I suspect he holds a tremendous grudge against us and would love a few "f*** you" clauses too if he could get them in there. Very unlikely that a deal will be struck IMO.

This is it basically. Very unlikely a deal will be struck, but if no season tickets were sold at all that could give him something of a nudge towards doing a deal. Not gonna happen though as he sits back and judges that theres going to be very little backlash again. Wonder what his next "f*** you" will be, he's played a f***ing blinder so far this summer.

In your opinion as you stated to me a couple of days ago nothing at all to back that up. We will find out one way or another when it's official..

Guest godzilla

Could hear something tomorrow

Hopefully if there is a statement we will get a direct answer to what's happening and put this to bed one way or another.