Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Pinched this from Twitter.

Bin Zayed Group statement - "The deal has become far more convoluted and expensive than our initial discussions with Mike Ashley suggested.

We have found him to be intransigent, inconsistent and impossible to deal with."

Now, that description of Ashley could have been written by almost any Newcastle United supporter.

Which it obviously has been !!

It's true and bullshit at the same time

Schrodingers Ashley. A football club can be simultaneously both for sale and not for sale.

Until you try to buy it and then you observe which state it’s in.

Guest chopey

If this takeover happens I'll cheese grate my bollocks and dip them in salty vinegar

Salty vinegar......... There's a time saver. Dragons den here I come

Guest Walter The Softy

Mumsy said that if this takeover happens, I can have " bitty", whatever that is!  :frantic:

Guest godzilla

Might be massively wrong but the fact that it’s a pre-written statement instantly makes me feel that it’s bad news. We really have tried but dealing with Ashley is a nightmare etc....

The people on Twitter who apparently talk to Midhat say it’s bad news.

We just aren’t going to get any good news this Summer are we :(

No one is talking to him man

Annoyingly mate it looks like they are.

It’s hard to sort out the real messages from the Odin- type ones though. Why this Midhat guy ever replies to anyone though is beyond me.

Really? but why would he be telling people s***, it's weird

Mate I have no idea. It’s a bit weird and shows a lack of judgement if you ask me. People have been phoning him at midnight Dubai time ffs. He must have known what he’d be in for when he started replying. Utterly embarrassing that anyone has text or phoned him mind. Completely out of line.

Hard to tell which messages are real and which photoshopped though.

Not a chance in hell he would tell anyone it was off, if it was a statement would have been released

Guest godzilla

Hope it’s bullshit

Howay man so they release a statement to someone's twitter, not an official one which no news agency has yet picked up  :lol: :lol:

Guest poor

One of the groups should host a fundraising quiz where the questions are all about Mike Ashley. They could call it Mike Ashley Fact Hunt. Would tickle me......

this is ingenious

Sorry lads, I hate to ask but I've had a hectic weekend and not had a chance to keep on top of what's happening. I see Rafa has signed with a Chinese team, but what's this about a statement from BZG/NUFC/anyone of note?

Sorry lads, I hate to ask but I've had a hectic weekend and not had a chance to keep on top of what's happening. I see Rafa has signed with a Chinese team, but what's this about a statement from BZG/NUFC/anyone of note?

Apparently BZG are going to make a statement in the next few days, possibly today regarding us. One person who first broke the news indicates that it will be positive. The Gazette also say there will be a statement from BZG and indicate that it maybe today, they did not say if it would be positive or not though.

One of the groups should host a fundraising quiz where the questions are all about Mike Ashley. They could call it Mike Ashley Fact Hunt. Would tickle me......

We had a team building event in York which included a treasure hunt. The agenda item was named 'York hunt' 

The woman that set it all up did not even see the joke until it was pointed out to her. I nearly fainted with laughter

this is ingenious

There's rumours there might be one. And that it may or may not be today.

As ever, nobody really knows anything for certain.