Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Ignore NewcastleGoals they are notorious for seeking attention. It’s a shame because the account used to be good when it did what it set out to do

In fairness to them we don’t score anymore.

Guest firetotheworks

Both NewcastleGoals and Toon Polls are absolute cunts IIRC, I wouldn't trust anything they say.

Ignore NewcastleGoals they are notorious for seeking attention. It’s a shame because the account used to be good when it did what it set out to do

Both NewcastleGoals and Toon Polls are absolute cunts IIRC, I wouldn't trust anything they say.

This.

I wasn’t shocked to see it was them who made it for attention.

How the fuck would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

If I was looking for additional backers he’d be near the top of my list

He shouldnt be. Hes got nowhere near enough for this level even as a bit player

Money wise it could just be a token amount (10-20 million) but having a previous successful owner, with local ties, who keegan still calls boss would just help the worried masses that it’s ashley part 2.  Especially if they don’t have the 100’s of millions to invest. 

Guest godzilla

How the f*** would SJH know anything, if the 'City' knew anything it would be splattered all over the papers.

If I was looking for additional backers he’d be near the top of my list

He shouldnt be. Hes got nowhere near enough for this level even as a bit player

Money wise it could just be a token amount (10-20 million) but having a previous successful owner, with local ties, who keegan still calls boss would just help the worried masses that it’s ashley part 2.  Especially if they don’t have the 100’s of millions to invest.

.....and who sold to Ashley in the first place.

Guest The Little Waster

Mentally translated toon polls as tony pulis for some reason and actually got scared he was now wrapped up in all this :lol:

I keep glancing at the thread title and seeing Takeover Threat 😎

Guest godzilla

So this is the week it all falls apart and we get what a lot of people thought to start with. A Rafaless, Ashley ran NUFC.

We will see, but it will be good for closure one way or the other.

Its irrelevant really, no one can do anything with this team while Ashley has his claws in the club. Fwiw they'll probably just coast into the new season with Redfearn as temp and no signings. It'll be at least mid-August before they consider a permanent replacement or Redfearn if we're not dead last.

Guest chopey

is everyone assuming this statement will be negative? why?

12 straight years of horrific disappointment, false promises and blatant lies.

I’m not assuming it’ll be negative. Scared it’ll be negative yes, but not assuming.

My guess is it’ll be things are progressing, PL tests have been passed. Maybe something about Rafa going not being their fault.

Guest The Little Waster

Parts in the takeover:

1. Internal Due Diligence (Completed 17th April 2019 according to the Bin Zayed group)

Proof of funds.

2. Non-Disclosure Agreement

Club finance, contracts, disputes, liabilities...

3. Heads of Terms (Completed according to the Bin Zayed group)

Incudes purchase price, bonuses, confidentiality clauses, timeline for deal to be completed. (These agreements are non-binding and can change later).

4. Due Diligence (Completed according to the Chronicle)

Player contracts, staff contracts, commercial contracts, bank loans, debts, overdrafts, company structures, property documents...

5. Sales Purchase Agreement

The agreement to sell the club and the transfer of shares. Clauses, provisions, conditions... This part will take time but when the documents of the takeover are signed it will include a date when the takeover will happen. I suppose Monochrome Acquisition was formed in this part.

6. Premier League notification / Owners and Directors test (PRL notified and Owners and Directors test started according to the Bin Zayed group)

The Premier League must be informed ten working days before the takeover is completed. As I understand it this part can be done during the ”Sales Purchase Agreement” part.

7. The Ashley disagreement

Why is everyone so down on it?

I'm not, taking the tweet at face value, it will be a positive statement, how positive is the question.

But imagine if it happens, and they actually woud have kept Rafa :lol:

It would be bitter-sweet.

I'd fucking take it though.