Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Surely if there was any chance of this group taking over Benitez would have been hanging g around if it was going to be anytime soon

Not if they want their own man.

I just cant see this being the case myself like

Surely if there was any chance of this group taking over Benitez would have been hanging g around if it was going to be anytime soon

My thinking too, unless China was a take it now or never situation

It seems that(in the Caulkin interview) Rafa was kept as much in the dark about proceedings as we were.

Perhaps he had no idea whether the takeover was legit or not and rather than hang around, like us, and wait, took the Chinese offer which was too good an offer to refuse.

Unless they promised Mourinho the job or something.

I know i kmow  :lol:

So this is the week it all falls apart and we get what a lot of people thought to start with. A Rafaless, Ashley ran NUFC.

It's always seemed the most likely outcome with Ashley's history.

I can't see Rafa not being contacted by any group actually purchasing the club, even if they were mental enough to not want him. And they would have to be absolutely off their heads to not want Rafa, lets be honest here.

It seems Ashley really is doing his best to repeat history from 10 years ago.

The BZG have no power to ”keep” him. It’s against the PRL rules (I recently read).

It seems that(in the Caulkin interview) Rafa was kept as much in the dark about proceedings as we were.

Perhaps he had no idea whether the takeover was legit or not and rather than hang around, like us, and wait, took the Chinese offer which was too good an offer to refuse.

It is fairly safe to take it as the takeover not being at a completed stage last Monday when Rafa informed the cloob that he would't be staying. He's a man of his word and any agreement made with the Chinese club in the last week will be binding to him and even if BZG had approached him today with news that it is going to happen there would be no coming back. How I see it anyway.

Rafa was probably as bored as waiting for a takeover as we are to be fair. There's only so much bullshit any sane person can take.

As much as I’m desperate to see the back of Ashley, in the cold light of day, no one goes round issuing “progress reports” when in the midst of a complex high profile acquisition. They really don’t.

I’m more fascinated by this “other bidder” Caulkin has spoken of. Not a fucking peep from them, we don’t even know who they are ffs!

Only that a trusted (quality) local journalist is aware of them, that they are serious players and that if he spilled the beans it might fuck things up.

That’s where the hope lies imo.

The BZG have no power to ”keep” him. It’s against the PRL rules (I recently read).

Officially so aye

But am sure he could have been informed unofficially..hoo rafa sign on the dotted line. And we will sort you down the line...

As much as I’m desperate to see the back of Ashley, in the cold light of day, no one goes round issuing “progress reports” when in the midst of a complex high profile acquisition. They really don’t.

I’m more fascinated by this “other bidder” Caulkin has spoken of. Not a fucking peep from them, we don’t even know who they are ffs!

Only that a trusted (quality) local journalist is aware of them, that they are serious players and that if he spilled the beans it might fuck things up.

Peter Kenyons band of merry men

Peter Kenyons band of merry men

Source?

Parts in the takeover:

1. Internal Due Diligence (Completed 17th April 2019 according to the Bin Zayed group)

Proof of funds.

2. Non-Disclosure Agreement

Club finance, contracts, disputes, liabilities...

3. Heads of Terms (Completed according to the Bin Zayed group)

Incudes purchase price, bonuses, confidentiality clauses, timeline for deal to be completed. (These agreements are non-binding and can change later).

4. Due Diligence (Completed according to the Chronicle)

Player contracts, staff contracts, commercial contracts, bank loans, debts, overdrafts, company structures, property documents...

5. Sales Purchase Agreement

The agreement to sell the club and the transfer of shares. Clauses, provisions, conditions... This part will take time but when the documents of the takeover are signed it will include a date when the takeover will happen. I suppose Monochrome Acquisition was formed in this part.

6. Premier League notification / Owners and Directors test (PRL notified and Owners and Directors test started according to the Bin Zayed group)

The Premier League must be informed ten working days before the takeover is completed. As I understand it this part can be done during the ”Sales Purchase Agreement” part.

7. The Ashley disagreement

You can put that in 5. Sales Purchase Agreement - the part where you can move the goalpost.

you can put it after every step and three more times at the end

Guest The Little Waster

If you're building up excitement for tomorrow's statement, you've clearly not supported Newcastle United for long.

You'd think just this summer would be enough.

Not sure I can face yet another kick in the balls this Summer :(

Get used to it

Funny, I've been thinking about this this evening.... making some big leaps in my logic but here goes...….

it's well known that Jose has

1) affection for this club

2) is looking for a 'project'

3) is highly thought of in the middle east (maybe more so than Rafa is?) pure guesswork on my part

4) is linked to the job in some way

If I was Jose I would have had my representatives contact BZG a few weeks ago about the possibility of working with them should they take over (kind of like it was Rafa who got in touch with us, we didn't go looking for him)

Managers at that level know what they want and go for it.

Rafa was perfect for us but I can see Jose doing well here (provided not under the fat cunt obviously).

W

Funny, I've been thinking about this this evening.... making some big leaps in my logic but here goes...….

it's well known that Jose has

1) affection for this club

2) is looking for a 'project'

3) is highly thought of in the middle east (maybe more so than Rafa is?) pure guesswork on my part

4) is linked to the job in some way

If I was Jose I would have had my representatives contact BZG a few weeks ago about the possibility of working with them should they take over (kind of like it was Rafa who got in touch with us, we didn't go looking for him)

Managers at that level know what they want and go for it.

Rafa was perfect for us but I can see Jose doing well here (provided not under the fat cunt obviously).

Would rather have  Mikel Arteta, Roberto Martinez or Eddie Howe instead of Jose Mourinho though!

Anything of note happening lads, or are you back to filling page after page with your favourite cookies?

BZG group may or may not release a statement this week, content unknown :kasper:

Guest chopey

Anything of note happening lads, or are you back to filling page after page with your favourite cookies?

BZG group may or may not release a statement this week, content unknown :kasper:

We'll know the content if there's no statement