Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It’s a positive sign. Apart from knowing it’s happening, we have no idea as to the nature of the deal.

I was worried Mike Ashley would insist on SD getting advertising space in the ground and control of the merchandise.

Does anyone know when our deal with Puma will run out?

ASAP hopefully.

It’s a positive sign. Apart from knowing it’s happening, we have no idea as to the nature of the deal.

I was worried Mike Ashley would insist on SD getting advertising space in the ground and control of the merchandise.

Does anyone know when our deal with Puma will run out?

Puma is another year I think

Guest godzilla

Not sure why advertising boards would be the first thing to be taken down if there was a takeover mind.

New start, new image and I would be pretty sure they will know when doing their research how unpopular Ashley and Sports Direct are with the support. Quick instant win and don't think Ashley would be fussed either as they're not advertising to anyone currently with it being the close season.

Guest godzilla

Both Puma and Cunts88 in their last year IIRC.

Thats a massive bonus to any new buyer this mind as serious money could be made through the correct kit supplier and sponsor.

Not sure why advertising boards would be the first thing to be taken down if there was a takeover mind.

New start, new image and I would be pretty sure they will know when do teir research how unpopular Ashley and Sports Direct are with the support. Quick instant win and don't think Ashley would be fussed either as they're not advertising to anyone currently with it being the close season.

:thup: There's so many instant PR wins to be had. Removing the SD stuff is just low hanging fruit.

When it comes off the stands, man...

Guest godzilla

That pic could have been from anytime so best not get carried away

True mind, just hoping that someone actually (if they are) taking down the boards has took a sneaky photo as they know it would be popular.

Guest godzilla

Actually, that's made me think; how would the new owners feel about a gambling sponsor?

For one year don't think it would be an issue and the potential for next year is a massive bonus to them.

Actually, that's made me think; how would the new owners feel about a gambling sponsor?

Fun88 will be gone fairly sharply. A business with close ties to BZG will be chosen and that’s how they’ll get around FFP rules for the first while.

On a serious note, there's no reason for Ashley to take down the SD signs. Even if he has sold the club, even if he has agreed to not continue advertising there, there's no reason for him to take down the signs. Could just leave them and let the next person deal with them, it's not like the new season starts tomorrow. There's plenty of time and no reason for him to do anything himself.

This is Ashley, he'll be taking them to save a few quid on signage in his stores