Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Just an opinion but based on info posted I think this deal is much closer to happening than either Stavely or Kenyon.  There have been improvements at the academy level and talk of streamlining our loan system to accentuate player growth.  Those are infrastructure moves and would not have been done unless an owner wants to take the club forward.  Further, the action on Companies House is more than just "tidying up".  BZG feels they have the assets in place to make the purchase.  The ball is in Ashley's court and I do think he's motivated to sell.

I think a majority of hand wringing is due to Rafa's status.  We love the man.  If he were still under contract we'd be more patient.

I think that’s a fair assessment and fairly level headed.

I agree with that.

Guest godzilla

Just an opinion but based on info posted I think this deal is much closer to happening than either Stavely or Kenyon.  There have been improvements at the academy level and talk of streamlining our loan system to accentuate player growth.  Those are infrastructure moves and would not have been done unless an owner wants to take the club forward.  Further, the action on Companies House is more than just "tidying up".  BZG feels they have the assets in place to make the purchase.  The ball is in Ashley's court and I do think he's motivated to sell.

I think a majority of hand wringing is due to Rafa's status.  We love the man.  If he were still under contract we'd be more patient.

:snod:

I think that’s a fair assessment and fairly level headed.

And where 99% of us are, well summed up in that post.

Mike Ashley, at this point, has spent probably 6 figures on trying to sell the club. The conspiracy theories are looney tune land.

:lol: :lol:

Poor Mike!!

He's clearly tried so hard too.  :lol:

10 years of trying to sell us?  :lol:

And nobody until now has matched his valuation it's not rocket science you know

I like how the narrative has suddenly changed just because everyone is desperate to believe this is happening.

We've talked about how there might be a reason why its taken him this long to sell, as in his valuation is unrealistic. We've talked about him inserting clauses in potential takeovers about SD advertisement etc.

Now he's suddenly a willing seller who has spent a lot of money trying to get rid of the club for ages.

See that's where (some) people are not getting it. It doesn't matter what the support or other bodies think is the realistic valuation for the club, it's what Ashley as the current owner of the club thinks is realistic. If nobody matches that valuation he won't sell. As I said it's not rocket science.

I think you're the one not getting it. If I have a car worth about 500 pounds and I'm saying I'll sell it for 5 000 pounds would you say I'm a willing seller trying to get rid of my car?

e: Just to be clear the point im disputing is that he has been truthful in his attempts to sell the club. He has had no intention to sell unless someone offered insane money for it. Maybe things have changed now because of his other business interests, who knows.

Tomorrow i reckon, Monday is the new Friday.

Friday & Saturday are weekends in Middle East. So Sunday is the new Monday

Aye weekend here so the first day both bzg and Newcastle will be open if you like will be tomorrow

Aye weekend here so the first day both bzg and Newcastle will be open if you like will be tomorrow

A lot of it will be in the hands of lawyers who will work a more Monday to Friday pattern.

So today?

No you fool because Sunday is still Sunday in the UK so Monday is still Monday but by Tuesday when nothings happened it'll be like Wednesday over there and that's half a hypothetical week where nothings happened :lol:

Guest neesy111

So today?

No you fool because Sunday is still Sunday in the UK so Monday is still Monday but by Tuesday when nothings happened it'll be like Wednesday over there and that's half a hypothetical week where nothings happened :lol:

Guest godzilla

Mike Ashley, at this point, has spent probably 6 figures on trying to sell the club. The conspiracy theories are looney tune land.

:lol: :lol:

Poor Mike!!

He's clearly tried so hard too.  :lol:

10 years of trying to sell us?  :lol:

And nobody until now has matched his valuation it's not rocket science you know

I like how the narrative has suddenly changed just because everyone is desperate to believe this is happening.

We've talked about how there might be a reason why its taken him this long to sell, as in his valuation is unrealistic. We've talked about him inserting clauses in potential takeovers about SD advertisement etc.

Now he's suddenly a willing seller who has spent a lot of money trying to get rid of the club for ages.

See that's where (some) people are not getting it. It doesn't matter what the support or other bodies think is the realistic valuation for the club, it's what Ashley as the current owner of the club thinks is realistic. If nobody matches that valuation he won't sell. As I said it's not rocket science.

I think you're the one not getting it. If I have a car worth about 500 pounds and I'm saying I'll sell it for 5 000 pounds would you say I'm a willing seller trying to get rid of my car?

e: Just to be clear the point im disputing is that he has been truthful in his attempts to sell the club. He has had no intention to sell unless someone offered insane money for it. Maybe things have changed now because of his other business interests, who knows.

Looks like this company have agreed to the 350 million he was asking for so yes I do think it will make him a willing seller as his valuation has been met. The other two bids did not meet that valuation.

Why do people think nothing will happen over the weekend again? Sheikh cant withdraw his 350 million because the banks shut?

Lawyers won’t be working for a start

Why do people think nothing will happen over the weekend again? Sheikh cant withdraw his 350 million because the banks shut?

Lawyers won’t be working for a start

:lol: I'm sure they would make an exception if that's all they were waiting for

Now if the ‘they’ is our potential owners then I’m a bit more worried

He means "they" as in the items on the agenda, keep getting pushed back.... I think.

Seems like most peoples attention is taken by the takeover as opposed to Rafas contract ... job done .

So

Seems like most peoples attention is taken by the takeover as opposed to Rafas contract ... job done .

Care to explaim how it's job done?

He’s an idiot mate

So

He’s an idiot mate

:lol: aye.

Just wondering if there's any logical explanation as to how it could, in any way, be job done.

Also fuck knows what happened to that abortion of a post :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

Care to explain how it's job done?

People are focused on the rich arab supposedly taking over as opposed to Rafa signing a new contract ... people will still be distracted by the time Rafas contract  runs out .... then Ashley accuses  Sheikhy of being a timewaster , hey presto Rafas gone , yesman comes in as new manager , Ashleys spent fuck all in transfers again and looks forward to pocketing more PL £££££  .... Want me to walk you through it again ? ?

Care to explain how it's job done?

People are focused on the rich arab supposedly taking over as opposed to Rafa signing a new contract ... people will still be distracted by the time Rafas contract  runs out .... then Ashley accuses  Sheikhy of being a timewaster , hey presto Rafas gone , yesman comes in as new manager , Ashleys spent fuck all in transfers again and looks forward to pocketing more PL £££££  .... Want me to walk you through it again ? ?

Which people are focussed on it though? You mean match going fans?

Guest The Little Waster

So

He’s an idiot mate

That must make you a cretin ?