Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

I don't expect the club to ever release a statement, but they really need to now. There is so much uncertainty at the club and many conflicting reports in the media that nobody knows where they stand. It says a lot when prospective new owners have communicated better with the fans than Ashley himself. The Bin Zayed Group are going to be humiliated after releasing those optimistic statements if this takeover falls apart.

They wouln't be making any statements if they were even in the slightest bit of doubt.

We have seen this game before from Ashley if nobody meets his unreasonable demands then smear them in the press by saying they don't have the backing to meet his price. I don't like how this is playing out now.

My thoughts entirely.

But he's not doing this, how does the tweet above indicate in anyway that Ashley is saying they don't have the backing to meet his price?

Because I have seen it with previous takeovers and when he is at loggerheads with Benitez. This is like the 5th time he has apparently been serious about selling the club yet the finger is always pointed at the buying side when the takeover fails.

I’m still a little bit confident but seems strange that every uk journo that writes about it suggest it’s far from being done, no proof of funds, pl not starting their tests etc. Someone is telling them all something. It can’t all just be dour, negative guesswork

Its not helping when the Bin Zayed Group and the media in Dubai are so certain its going to happen.

I’m still a little bit confident but seems strange that every uk journo that writes about it suggest it’s far from being done, no proof of funds, pl not starting their tests etc. Someone is telling them all something. It can’t all just be dour, negative guesswork

Its not helping when the Bin Zayed Group and the media in Dubai are so certain its going to happen.

Agreed. I had assumed they had showed proof of funds. Now I’m not so sure.

I mean, I’m out if this fucks up. Rafa or not Rafa just means we are stuck forever with Ashley and it’s basically pointless

Heading that way myself. Just can’t be bothered any more. I’d support Newcastle in league 2 if they were trying. There is just no point to the club at the moment.

I don’t think this is happening, unfortunately. I just hope Rafa stays and get reasonable backing.

Why?

Because it’s Newcastle United :lol: No seriously, too many negatives floating about. And I don’t get what’s taking so long. I hope I’m wrong, may well be.

I mean, I’m out if this f***s up. Rafa or not Rafa just means we are stuck forever with Ashley and it’s basically pointless

I feel the same I'm not doing the same boring shite for another season with Ashley as owner.

Guest godzilla

We have seen this game before from Ashley if nobody meets his unreasonable demands then smear them in the press by saying they don't have the backing to meet his price. I don't like how this is playing out now.

My thoughts entirely.

But he's not doing this, how does the tweet above indicate in anyway that Ashley is saying they don't have the backing to meet his price?

Their sources are obviously in and around the club or Ashley. He maybe making no comment officially but is he passing info to sources that tell the press?

Again I'll ask how does that tweet indicate Ashley saying they don't have the backing to meet the price? No official word has come from Ashley or the club and until they do we can only go on the official information which has been released from the group, that a company has been created, that Ashley has shut down several companies and it looks like the signs have actully started being taken down. The media have been virtually silent these last few days as they don't know what is going on. Typical fans hear nothing for a few days and doom and gloom (I am suprised by you mind as you have been pretty much saying the same all the way through). I'm convinced we will get official word either this week or next.

Guest godzilla

My thoughts entirely.

Because I have seen it with previous takeovers and when he is at loggerheads with Benitez. This is like the 4th time he has apparently been serious about selling the club yet the finger is always pointed at the buying side when the takeover fails.

And he hasn't given one indication this time as neither does that tweet which was my point.

Why are people shitting themselves over comments that can’t be backed up that even if they were made, were made by someone who would have fuck all knowledge of the takeover in anyway?

Who do you think the sources are. We all know Ashley likes to feed the press things. If it was 1 or 2 journos I’d just think they were being negative, however it seems like they are all saying the same things. Ashley is up to something.

To be honest there’s no point second guessing Ashley. This could happen but history tells us it could very well be a waste of time. At no point do I think it’s some mad conspiracy tho

My thoughts entirely.

Their sources are obviously in and around the club or Ashley. He maybe making no comment officially but is he passing info to sources that tell the press?

Again I'll ask how does that tweet indicate Ashley saying they don't have the backing to meet the price? No official word has come from Ashley or the club and until they do we can only go on the official information which has been released from the group, that a company has been created, that Ashley has shut down several companies and it looks like the signs have actully started being taken down. The media have been virtually silent these last few days as they don't know what is going on. Typical fans hear nothing for a few days and doom and gloom (I am suprised by you mind as you have been pretty much saying the same all the way through). I'm convinced we will get official word either this week or next.

I’m trying to stay positive I just don’t understand how all the local and some national journalists are saying the same things and there being no truth to it. They can’t all be guessing. If it was a concrete fact that proof of funds were submitted it’d be 99% certain it was happening.

I don’t really get it. ‘Takeover talks’ were reportedly finished, and the paperwork was with the league.

Do we have good evidence that contradicts that?

I know it’s frustrating for everyone but just wait and see is the only sensible reaction. Pointless trying to judge if things are more or less likely day-by-day. Journalists need to do that to sell advertising, we don’t.

My thoughts entirely.

I’m trying to stay positive I just don’t understand how all the local and some national journalists are saying the same things and there being no truth to it. They can’t all be guessing. If it was a concrete fact that proof of funds were submitted it’d be 99% certain it was happening.

Where theres smoke theres fire.

Guest godzilla

My thoughts entirely.

Unless we see the actual document (which we won't) then all we can go off is the word of an offical statement from the group stating they have, which has not been officially denied. The media claim sources but where is their proof and funnily enough the majority of that media have suddenly went deathly silent. This is a multi-million pound company who have masses to lose if they are giving bullshit information out. Reputation is massive in the Gulf and I'd be astonished if they were putting this on the line and not expect serious consequences. One article about the signs and it's gone to armageddon on here.