Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Sean in WUM shocker. He didnt even know that BZG had provided proof of funds until yesterday.  :lol:

:lol: BZG have claimed to have provided proof of funds. Theres no actual evidence to prove this.

True but i bet you think they set up Monochrome acquisitions for a laugh. You are being negative for the sake of being negative

Well it doesn't cost much to set up a company ffs.

I suppose you believe that we're definitely sold seeing as they set up a company eh?

It's Mike Ashley ffs, the most likely outcome is the one we've seen multiple times.

No I don’t think we are definitely sold but the company was set up for a reason and not for a laugh.

Yeah but what if Ashley let them think they had a deal agreed and then backtracked? I just don't see this running as smoothly as most seem to think it will.

Another statement based on nowt.  Who thinks this is going to run smoothly? Literally everyone has reservations about Ashley fucking it up.

Sean in WUM shocker. He didnt even know that BZG had provided proof of funds until yesterday.  :lol:

:lol: BZG have claimed to have provided proof of funds. Theres no actual evidence to prove this.

True but i bet you think they set up Monochrome acquisitions for a laugh. You are being negative for the sake of being negative

I suppose you believe that we're definitely sold seeing as they set up a company eh?

It's Mike Ashley ffs, the most likely outcome is the one we've seen multiple times.

No I don’t think we are definitely sold but the company was set up for a reason and not for a laugh.

I dont think anyone is saying they've set it up for a laugh. Some people are saying that they might be exaggerating how close they are to completing the deal.

They made a statement, the club confirmed they're genuine.

The club did nothing of the sort because they're not genuine, there's been no serious bid and a takeover won't happen this summer.

That's not pessimism - it's the reality staring you in the face.

It's going to seem so brutally obvious in hindsight.

Afternoon gents  :cool:

I'd like to apologise for my abuse last week. I don't want to wake up with that level of venom in my heart again. Damn I was boiling last week

Hope you’ve had your breakfast

Afternoon gents  :cool:

I'd like to apologise for my abuse last week. I don't want to wake up with that level of venom in my heart again. Damn I was boiling last week

Hope you’ve had your breakfast

:lol: last week was a testing week for me to say the least. All good now though. I will still be astounded if Ashley isn't here by August

The club did nothing of the sort because they're not genuine, there's been no serious bid and a takeover won't happen this summer.

That is pessimism.  But thanks for the input.

And yeah, the club said that the discussions with BZG were genuine, since then...no comment.

Caulkin knows jack shit, same as all the other journo’s.

Caulkin is straight down the line, he's one of the best covering us.

But he's not saying what some people have convinced themselves is the truth unfortunately.

What is it that people have convinced themselves is the truth?

Basically he’s arsey because people arnt as negative as him. Take no notice

Yeah I know, similar to waster.  I just like to question what they are actually talking about when they give a vague statement based on nothing.

They made a statement, the club confirmed they're genuine.  About as much proof as we can expect at this point.  Not sure why some people expect everything to be done in public.

I still reckon Mike fuckin it all up is a massive possibility, but I don't see the need to just rubbish all the facts that clearly point to something happening.  Well, other than trying to score hipster points on an online forum.

Er, the club have confirmed nothing.  :lol:

I'm out, you can keep making things up all you like.

I don't recall other EPL clubs like Leicester having to go through all this crap when they were bought.  Southampton have also been sold a few times, as have Villa.  I think Watford have also been sold but not sure if while in the EPL.  Everton sold a majority stake to a shareholder too.  Palace were sold as well but again they may have been taken over while in the Championship. 

It is brutally obvious now tbh.

I don't recall other EPL clubs like Leicester having to go through all this crap when they were bought.  Southampton have also been sold a few times, as have Villa.  I think Watford have also been sold but not sure if while in the EPL.  Everton sold a majority stake to a shareholder too.  Palace were sold as well but again they may have been taken over while in the Championship. 

which other clubs have been sold for anything in the region of what we're going for?

liverpool went cheap i think

manyoo went for big money ages ago

arsenal was weird but would probably have been more

any others potentially about the £350m mark?

Yeah but what if Ashley let them think they had a deal agreed and then backtracked? I just don't see this running as smoothly as most seem to think it will.

Another statement based on nowt.  Who thinks this is going to run smoothly? Literally everyone has reservations about Ashley fucking it up.

It's an opinion not a statement.

"as most seem to think it will"

That's not an opinion, that's you stating that most people think it will run smoothly.

Who are these people who think it's going to run smoothly?

"as most seem to think it will"

That's not an opinion, that's you stating that most people think it will run smoothly.

Who are these people who think it's going to run smoothly?

Wow OK you got me on my wording. OK if it's replaced by "those who think BZG will own the club soon"?

btw iirc when this blew up the chronicle said the club confirmed to them BZG were real bidders and in talks but nothing more

pretty sure of that, was early doors

The club are proven liars man.  :lol:

But he's not saying what some people have convinced themselves is the truth unfortunately.

Yeah I know, similar to waster.  I just like to question what they are actually talking about when they give a vague statement based on nothing.

They made a statement, the club confirmed they're genuine.  About as much proof as we can expect at this point.  Not sure why some people expect everything to be done in public.

I still reckon Mike fuckin it all up is a massive possibility, but I don't see the need to just rubbish all the facts that clearly point to something happening.  Well, other than trying to score hipster points on an online forum.

There was a line in the Chronicle (I know) when BZG released their first statement saying "However, the club have told us that the discussions are genuine".

I'm not making anything up.

There was a line in the Chronicle (I know) when BZG released their first statement saying "However, the club have told us that the discussions are genuine".

Yes and the club have been found guilty in court of intentionally misleading the press, public and fans.

Also, a word in an ear does not equal confirming anything.

Keith Bishop Associates is back on Twitter. Looks like they've rebooted their Google listing too as to get rid of the poor reviews. Hope it didn't cost them too much and they won't have to do it again.

This is true