Women's Football

“YoU arE AlLOwEd tO wAtCH mORE tHaN 1 gAMe”

They’d never allow any other match to be played the same day as a men’s WC final.

Huge difference between mens and womens WC final the mens probably has a global audience of over a billion the womens maybe 10% of that

There is expected to be over 1 billion people watching this final Worldwide fyi.

Genuinely surprised at that. What’s the breakdown by country? I’d expect the US to have more then most, but not a large percentage of the population. Has a lot of China been watching?

They’d never allow any other match to be played the same day as a men’s WC final.

Huge difference between mens and womens WC final the mens probably has a global audience of over a billion the womens maybe 10% of that

There is expected to be over 1 billion people watching this final Worldwide fyi.

Genuinely surprised at that. What’s the breakdown by country? I’d expect the US to have more then most, but not a large percentage of the population. Has a lot of China been watching?

I'm not sure, was just mentioned on the BBC commentary.

Gee I wonder why. Couldn’t be that even developed countries like England have told women for years that they can’t play the game.

Outside of gymnastics and ice skating, the male version of every sport is massively more popular than the female version. Males are the better athletes, and are more interested in sports generally. This can be true without some massive patriarchal conspiracy. If the women's game can grow to be self-sustaining at a professional level, this would be a positive start.

What theoretical other international match that people care about could be scheduled on the same day as the actual WC final? Male players will not complain if the women's Copa Oro is on the same day. The male football calendar is crowded and lucrative, and the matches on this date do not overlap at all. It is a nonsensical complaint, the WWC has had plenty of time and media coverage, despite three other major male continental tournaments occurring at the same time.

They could’ve easily scheduled those other finals yesterday, too. Would’ve cost them nothing and been a bit of goodwill.

It is costing the Women's final nothing. The controversy is fabricated and idiotic.

Says the man, to be fair. The actual women playing feel differently.

There’s a lot of catch-22 involved with women’s soccer. Need to play better to prove to men they deserve more funding; need more funding to improve the quality of play.

Anyway, I’m fine holding the unpopular opinion.

This is no slight on the women's game but I would bet all the money in the world that 1 billion people will not watch this game :lol:

:lol: It hasn't got the history for that, imo. It's fine, though. The women are getting better, and other nations are making bids to come at us, as leaders of the sport. Good times ahead.

Also Rapinoe would walk into the NUFC first 11.

I'm not sure, was just mentioned on the BBC commentary.

Yeah, i found an NBC article. I think it was suggesting that there might be 1 billion people who have watched at least one minute of a game in this World Cup. That makes more sense. For example, I think it said something like 200,000 Italians watched the last Women’s World Cup Final, which seems more plausible.

Netherlands’ one chance here is to defend in numbers and hit the US on the break.

Some of these posts are essentially, "Get back in your lane women". Its mental.

You're just making that up in your head.

Most women are not going to watch this tournament. That is just a fact.

You cannot then be upset because most men who like football do not watch it either. It is not as relatable to them, because it is quite a different game to the one they grew up playing and the one they watch.

No idea what that has to do with women and kitchens and lanes or whatever nonsense. That is ridiculous.

This is no slight on the women's game but I would bet all the money in the world that 1 billion people will not watch this game :lol:

:lol: It hasn't got the history for that, imo. It's fine, though. The women are getting better, and other nations are making bids to come at us, as leaders of the sport. Good times ahead.

She really, really wouldn’t. I mean, maybe when she was younger she might have had more of a chance, but she’s lost a lot of pace through injuries and has never been especially strong. She’s a clever footballer with two good feet, but I respectfully disagree.

You're just making that up in your head...

Kaka, somebody literally said those words.

Okay, but that was one person.

He's talking about 'posts' insinuating that sentiment, which is just not true.

Only if you were the manager Mike.  :pow:

The woman is being ridiculous. She cannot demand more respect for the woman's game. The game would get that respect if it earned it.

Only if you were the manager Mike.  :pow:

:lol: We couldn't afford her, tbf.

Morgan ends up on the ground a lot. That was a cheap attempt to win a pen.

THIS guy.

Hey pal, keep the passion of your loins out of this. Goodness sake.

The woman is being ridiculous. She cannot demand more respect for the woman's game. The game would get that respect if it earned it.

Bro, what are you doing? You are so goofy :lol:

What you quoted does not support your argument, even with you separating it from the rest of the explanation in the post.

Awful.