Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Maybe at burton albion; we’re 19th richest club in the world and the owner robs us blind - with fan consent it seems. Mind you, everyone who says you’re the problem or you’re a cancer needs a few lessons in tact. Persuasion beats conflict.

Seymour, answer this honestly. If Ashley went on sky tomorrow and said “ all Geordies are thick c***s, it’s hilarious that they keep giving me money even though I’m f***ing them over regularly, what a set of complete morons. Also SBR is a c***, Keegan is a c***, I hate the city, I hate the people but I love money” would you STILL go to “support the lads”.

Fuckinghell man :lol:

All this because someone dares to renew their season ticket :lol:

If you're this angry about it mate and you really want to make a change why not go the ground on match day and tell all these fans how much of a disgrace they are and that they should be ashamed of themselves?

Answer the question.

He hasn't say that though has he :lol:

I didn't think it was a serious question tbh

Maybe at burton albion; we’re 19th richest club in the world and the owner robs us blind - with fan consent it seems. Mind you, everyone who says you’re the problem or you’re a cancer needs a few lessons in tact. Persuasion beats conflict.

Half the premier league man

I'm not sure you quite understand what supporting a football club is about like :lol:

I think this is the whole point. My understanding of supporting a football club is of course that you don't stop during hard times or when the team is losing. But you must understand that's not what we're talking about here?

There are 2 sides to the bargain. Fans support through hard times, the club tries to do its best too. We're talking about a football club that has stopped trying, that only exists to support the other interests of the owner.

I'm not sure you quite understand what supporting a football club is about like :lol:

I think this is the whole point. My understanding of supporting a football club is of course that you don't stop during hard times or when the team is losing.

But that is literally exactly what you've done

I think this is the whole point. My understanding of supporting a football club is of course that you don't stop during hard times or when the team is losing.

Where's the rest of my post?

Dude is fighting to hold on to his life sentence :lol: Poor mad bastid.

In a way, I genuinely wished I had as healthy a relationship with sports as Seymour, where you don't really care one way or another what you're served. You just support whatever is in front of you as long as it has the right colour shirt (although, even that might not be a red line for the truly persistent supporter).

Because the rest might true mate but at the end of the day, that's what you've done

And that's fine, you're entitled to do so.

Because the rest might true mate but at the end of the day, that's what you've done

Here it is:

I think this is the whole point. My understanding of supporting a football club is of course that you don't stop during hard times or when the team is losing. But you must understand that's not what we're talking about here?

There are 2 sides to the bargain. Fans support through hard times, the club tries to do its best too. We're talking about a football club that has stopped trying, that only exists to support the other interests of the owner.

So if the second sentence is true, hasn't the club broken the bargain?

In a way, I genuinely wished I had as healthy a relationship with sports as Seymour, where you don't really care one way or another what you're served. You just support whatever is in front of you as long as it has the right colour shirt (although, even that might not be a red line for the truly persistent supporter).

Thats what being a supporter is all about man :lol: you support through thick and thin.

By doing so I've seen good times and bad times.

Leicester should've known their place and rolled over for teams in their title winning season. How dare they continue to build on that success and aim for something other than finishing 13th. They should know their place. Their fans dream of finishing 13th.

Thats what being a supporter is all about man :lol: you support through thick and thin.

Fair enough. Other people are more invested in the success of the club than you. Each does and acts as they do with different motivations.

Urgh, Are you trying not to listen and understand?  By paying money to Mike Ashley you are part of the problem.  I will always be a Newcastle United supporter but i wont be supporting Mike Ashley with my money.  If you just want to go to the game on a Saturday then fair enough, but please dont try to make out that by cheering on our players you are somehow going to help the team do better or progress - to do that the club requires an owner with ambition and some motivation other than a quick profit..  I'd wager that 99% of those on here who are boycotting the club would happily come back into the fold in the Championship, League 1 or League 2 under new owners that wanted the best for the club

Here it is:

So if the second sentence is true, hasn't the club broken the bargain?

You could certainly argue that yes, but that doesn't mean that you turn your back on the club like some have and actively want it lose football matches

we haven't started losing (yet) seymour :lol:

You could certainly argue that yes, but that doesn't mean that you turn your back on the club like some have and actively want it lose football matches

But if you agree that the fans and club both have things they're expected to do... then if the club stops doing its side, surely fans are justified in walking away?

The obligation on fans to not turn their back is based on an assumption that the club is trying.

(FWIW I understand how hard it is to break that association.)

Urgh, Are you trying not to listen and understand?  By paying money to Mike Ashley you are part of the problem.

According to YOU that's the bit you're not understanding, just because you say it doesnt mean it's true! :lol:

Seymour, answer this honestly. If Ashley went on sky tomorrow and said “ all Geordies are thick c***s, it’s hilarious that they keep giving me money even though I’m f***ing them over regularly, what a set of complete morons. Also SBR is a c***, Keegan is a c***, I hate the city, I hate the people but I love money” would you STILL go to “support the lads”.

Fuckinghell man :lol:

All this because someone dares to renew their season ticket :lol:

If you're this angry about it mate and you really want to make a change why not go the ground on match day and tell all these fans how much of a disgrace they are and that they should be ashamed of themselves?

Answer the question.

He hasn't say that though has he :lol:

I didn't think it was a serious question tbh

Let's assume it is. What's your answer?

But if you agree that the fans and club both have things they're expected to do... then if the club stops doing its side, surely fans are justified in walking away?

The obligation on fans to not turn their back is based on an assumption that the club is trying.

Ofcourse the fans are justified for not going, we've just lost one of the best managers that we'll get for a very long time, a manager who with the correct backing could taken this football club forward.

I've not said that fans aren't justified for staying away, what I've consistently said is that I don't think staying away will help, which I don't.

If I thought giving up my season ticket for ayear would help, I could go a year without going to a game, but I don't think it will.

Thats my opinion which I'm entitled too.

This guy is clearly a Bishop pawn like, which is encouraging really, Mike is panicking.

Have you been sent to any other forums Seymour? You aren't also toonraider on TOTT are you?

Honestly man :lol:

There are some right spineless, selfish, bricks in the wall out there. Match going fans like Seymour are worse cancers than Ashley. Set of c***s the lot of them!

Calling me a cancer :lol:

If 45k+ are cancers to the club then why not go to the ground and tell them all that then?

Why not do something about it to get rid off these 45k+ cancers?

If I felt as strongly as you and I thought boycotting would get rid of him, then I certainly would.

Why not do something about the fans going to the ground?

What? A picket line in effect. Approach strangers outside of SJP and say 'Hoo yee, i think you're a cunt for going to the game' which probably leads to physical violence in font of a heavy police presence and all on CCTV. Sensible.

Half the premier league man

Are striving for 13th - 17th and avoiding Europe like the plague? Not many of them think like that.

Of course the fans are justified for not going, we've just lost one of the best managers that we'll get for a very long time, a manager who with the correct backing could taken this football club forward.

I've not said that fans aren't justified for staying away, what I've consistently said is that I don't think staying away will help, which I don't.

If I thought giving up my season ticket for ayear would help, I could go a year without going to a game, but I don't think it will.

Thats my opinion which I'm entitled too.

You're entitled to your opinion of course.

Fair enough if you think people are justified in not going, just would be much better if everyone joined in. Sometimes you have to make a statement that you've had enough, even if it might not work directly or immediately.