Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Assuming that Seymour isn't a WUM, fair play for sticking to his guns and his reasoning for going.

It's just disappointing that we have fans that still can't see that we have the power to force change.

Its just my belief man that's all, Ashley is stubborn as fuck, anyone who has met him would say so. He doesn't like being told what to do.

Fans do have power with certain things, I just don't personally think we have the power realistically to get rid of him. What we need is someone to give him an offer that he couldnt resist and at the price he wants that's unrealistic

Going round and round in circles here anyway. We have different opinions, that's fine by me ?

Not to derail from the main purpose of a boycott, but it’s massively embarrassing how little we’ve done to oust Ashley. Almost every other fanbase would have done more to get rid of Ashley than we have, and yet we are considered by many to have the best fans in the country. Even Blackpool put more money f a fight against the Oystons than we have.

Of course you’re meant to support your club, but that’s based on an assumption about sport. That assumption being that teams are competing on a sporting level in order to get as many points as possible.

TBH it’s a problem with the PL, in as much as it’s now a best sheik competition rather than a sporting one.

Let’s just get behind Steve Bruce and forget Mike Ashley has made Keegan and Rafa leave and treated Shearer like dirt.

I mean surely now enough is enough??

SURELY!?

Well not for Seymour :laugh:

I don’t even want to celebrate a goal next season that’s how much Mike Ashley has put me off.

If after this absolute hell of a Summer Mike still hasn’t put you off nothing will.

Not to derail from the main purpose of a boycott, but it’s massively embarrassing how little we’ve done to oust Ashley. Almost every other fanbase would have done more to get rid of Ashley than we have, and yet we are considered by many to have the best fans in the country. Even Blackpool put more money f a fight against the Oystons than we have.

Since he's been here he's been able to massively upgrade the size and location of his shop in town because the people of Newcastle upon Tyne just cannot resist giving him money, whether that's going to the match or buying cheap socks.

It's shameful and embarrassing.

Assuming that Seymour isn't a WUM, fair play for sticking to his guns and his reasoning for going.

It's just disappointing that we have fans that still can't see that we have the power to force change.

Its just my belief man that's all, Ashley is stubborn as fuck, anyone who has met him would say so. He doesn't like being told what to do.

Fans do have power with certain things, I just don't personally think we have the power realistically to get rid of him. What we need is someone to give him an offer that he couldnt resist and at the price he wants that's unrealistic

Going round and round in circles here anyway. We have different opinions, that's fine by me ?

If that is the case, then the logical decision would be to walk away.

Let’s just get behind Steve Bruce and forget Mike Ashley has made Keegan and Rafa leave and treated Shearer like dirt.

I mean surely now enough is enough??

SURELY!?

Well not for Seymour :laugh:

?

None of those things are Steve Bruce's fault though

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Not sure how people can go that long without going to a game but there you go

What are you going for though? What are you supporting?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're s*** and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Howay Seymour man. Until that last quote i've admired your bravery in defending the minority view (on here anyway) but that last sentence? As i said before there's more to it than just being s***. If we try but fail then fair enough, but there is no trying.

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're s**** and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

I understand what you mean, we have the capabilities to be so much more under Ashley.

Under Westwood, Mckeag etc we never really had the major, major money that Ashley has

You absolute muppet.

I’d go and watch us under any regime and in any league we were in as long as we were trying to compete. Don’t ever put words into my mouth again you utter clown.

:lol: if you say so

So in order to watch the club you support, we have to 'compete'?

Why can't you just support your football club?

Surely you support your football club because that's your football club not because it's 'competing' or not

You're not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Sky money and player trading apart, I don't think Ashley cares about the club's revenue - season tickets, shirt sales and that. In 12 years he has owned the club he has done nothing to increase the other traditional income streams. In fact, he prefers to suffocate them and relies solely on downsizing and blind customer (fan) loyalty.

Imo the real reasons he hasn't sold Newcastle and instead prefers to run the club from one crisis to another for 10 years now are:

- Financial gain for Sports Direct. Free advertising to potentially 2.5 billion people worldwide. His sports brands are on display in the most watched league in the most watched sport in the world. He can't buy that level of aggressive advertisement at any other PL club - it would cost him much more than what he spends on us gains from us.

- Ego. He wants his name in the media, he wants to act contrary to the majority, he wants to show he can get away with anything. Ironically his favourite victim outcry "they picture me as the pantomime villain" is exactly how he wants to be pictured, because that's exactly what he is - an evil, self-obsessed bully on a major power trip.

- No opposition.

The media are happy to peddle his lies. The official broadcaster of the PL - Sky are acting like they are his PR agency, never mind the toothless amateurs in the local media. Even Caulkin continues to claim that the club is for sale - How can anybody still believe this after all those years??!

And of course, we, the fans are powerless. Ultimately all of our efforts have had little result, unity in protest is almost impossible. That's understandable and reflects other general issues in the more-developed societies. 30 years ago, Ashley would've been driven out by collective acts of violence, if anything violent happens to him now, it will be an act of a mad man.

I don't even think that poor souls like the guy from the last few pages contribute to the problem - they'll give up too, it will simply take them more time to realise that Sports Direct FC is against everything that the NUFC they fell in love was.

The Spurs protest proved that Ashley gets affected by it. If that sort of effort could be put in across the whole season, the results could be amazing.

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're s*** and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Howay Seymour man. Until that last quote i've admired your bravery in defending the minority view (on here anyway) but that last sentence? As i said before there's more to it than just being s***. If we try but fail then fair enough, but there is no trying.

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're s**** and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

I understand what you mean, we have the capabilities to be so much more under Ashley.

Under Westwood, Mckeag etc we never really had the major, major money that Ashley has

You absolute muppet.

I’d go and watch us under any regime and in any league we were in as long as we were trying to compete. Don’t ever put words into my mouth again you utter clown.

Surely you support your football club because that's your football club not because it's 'competing' or not

You're not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Ofcourse I am, I want the club to be successful obviously.

But me supporting the club isn't dependant on where we finish or not.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

You are obtusely confusing being successful with trying to compete. You know it, and yet you are proudly going down that path and looking like even more of a fool.

The club is literally on the record as saying they don't want to win trophies or play in Europe. Pretending that other Premier League clubs are all the same as NUFC is either disingenuous or deluded.

Guest The Little Waster

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced that even if our whole fan base gave up their season tickets and stopped going to games that he would definitely leave. With that being said, we absolutely have to boycott. It’s the best card we have to play, and we must play it. Getter no rid of this parasite has to be our only goal.

Its the ONLY card we've got ...'

It's as simple as is your money going into the club, the facilities and playing staff to improve it? No the club is making a profit and investment is cursory at best. Paying to turn up while your club is bled dry by a parasite is crazy. I get some people have specific reasons but team not regime is bull shit you are proping up the regime as a willing consumer.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

That is the answer to the question: 'are you not arsed that the club you care so dearly about isn't successful?'

I asked you: are you not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Or do you think we are trying to be successful? Do you reckon Rafa to Bruce was a decision driven by an effort to be successful?

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

That is the answer to the question: 'are you not arsed that the club you care so dearly about isn't successful?'

I asked you: are you not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Or do you think we are trying to be successful? Do you reckon Rafa to Bruce was a decision driven by an effort to be successful?

Ofcourse I am, and yeah it does feel like Ashley goes out of his way for us not to be successful. And ofcourse that pisses me off.

And no I don't, I've already said I didn't want Bruce and I've already said we should have done a hell of a lot more to keep Rafa

Guest covmag

Just to give you a run down of Ashley’s summer at SD UNITED

stadium upgrades= new SD SIGNS, paint a wall black, carpet for the directors box

Season tickets= up in price

New shirt= most expensive in the PL

Manager= let the best one we had in years walk away.

New manager= ex Sunderland failure and 11th choice Bruce

Signings= none

Outgoings= our 2 top goal scorers

Takeover = fake again

And folk still support Ashley’s SD UNITED

FUCK ME  :lol:

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

Ofcourse I am, and yeah it does feel like Ashley goes out of his way for us not to be successful. And ofcourse that pisses me off.

And no I don't, I've already said I didn't want Bruce and I've already said we should have done a hell of a lot more to keep Rafa

So, with that in mind, what's your motivation for going? I'm not trying to be an arse to you here, I genuinely want to know. If you accept that you're funding a falsity, are you prepared for things to always be this way? Are you not interested in trying to force a change?

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

So, with that in mind, what's your motivation for going? I'm not trying to be an arse to you here, I genuinely want to know. If you accept that you're funding a falsity, are you prepared for things to always be this way? Are you not interested in trying to force a change?

My motivation for going is that I still despite all negativity on here enjoy going to games, the win against Man City last season was fantastic, I wouldn't want to miss that.

We had a group of players last season that really give a shit and really gave their all for the club. Not the best group of players but you can't fault their efforts

Am I prepared for things to be this way? Well I don't want things to be this way, I want us to be fighting at the top end of the table like we all do, but if this is what the club is at the moment then this is where the club is.

Am I interested in trying to force a change?

Like I've said if I thought boycotting and not going would get rid off Ashley then I'd cancel my season ticket tomorrow but sadly I don't think it would.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

My motivation for going is that I still despite all negativity on here enjoy going to games, the win against Man City last season was fantastic, I wouldn't want to miss that.

We had a group of players last season that really give a shit and really gave their all for the club. Not the best group of players but you can't fault their efforts

Am I prepared for things to be this way? Well I don't want things to be this way, I want us to be fighting at the top end of the table like we all do, but if this is what the club is at the moment then this is where the club is.

Am I interested in trying to force a change?

Like I've said if I thought boycotting and not going would get rid off Ashley then I'd cancel my season ticket tomorrow but sadly I don't think it would.

Then at this stage, you have the club you now deserve. Enjoy it.