Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Not sure how people can go that long without going to a game but there you go

What are you going for though? What are you supporting?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're s*** and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Howay Seymour man. Until that last quote i've admired your bravery in defending the minority view (on here anyway) but that last sentence? As i said before there's more to it than just being s***. If we try but fail then fair enough, but there is no trying.

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're s**** and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

I understand what you mean, we have the capabilities to be so much more under Ashley.

Under Westwood, Mckeag etc we never really had the major, major money that Ashley has

You absolute muppet.

I’d go and watch us under any regime and in any league we were in as long as we were trying to compete. Don’t ever put words into my mouth again you utter clown.

:lol: if you say so

So in order to watch the club you support, we have to 'compete'?

Why can't you just support your football club?

Surely you support your football club because that's your football club not because it's 'competing' or not

You're not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Ofcourse I am, I want the club to be successful obviously.

But me supporting the club isn't dependant on where we finish or not.

That is the answer to the question: 'are you not arsed that the club you care so dearly about isn't successful?'

I asked you: are you not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Or do you think we are trying to be successful? Do you reckon Rafa to Bruce was a decision driven by an effort to be successful?

Ofcourse I am, and yeah it does feel like Ashley goes out of his way for us not to be successful. And ofcourse that pisses me off.

And no I don't, I've already said I didn't want Bruce and I've already said we should have done a hell of a lot more to keep Rafa

So, with that in mind, what's your motivation for going? I'm not trying to be an arse to you here, I genuinely want to know. If you accept that you're funding a falsity, are you prepared for things to always be this way? Are you not interested in trying to force a change?

My motivation for going is that I still despite all negativity on here enjoy going to games, the win against Man City last season was fantastic, I wouldn't want to miss that.

We had a group of players last season that really give a shit and really gave their all for the club. Not the best group of players but you can't fault their efforts

Am I prepared for things to be this way? Well I don't want things to be this way, I want us to be fighting at the top end of the table like we all do, but if this is what the club is at the moment then this is where the club is.

Am I interested in trying to force a change?

Like I've said if I thought boycotting and not going would get rid off Ashley then I'd cancel my season ticket tomorrow but sadly I don't think it would.

If the stadium was empty, away fans aside, every single match - do you think it would accelerate Ashley's likelihood of leaving or not?

How much does the club/Ashley make from matchday revenue each season?

In 2008 our commercial revenue was similar to Spurs,Everton,Villa,West Ham etc at around 28m fast forward 11 years ours has increased by 1m or so while Spurs and Everton is over 100m now that shows what hes getting for nothing and has for 11 years. Just think of the amount of revenue the club could generate through sponsorship if it wasnt plastered in sports direct tat over every inch of free space

The premier league giants of Bournemouth and Watford are streets ahead commercially than us

Guest covmag

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're s*** and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Howay Seymour man. Until that last quote i've admired your bravery in defending the minority view (on here anyway) but that last sentence? As i said before there's more to it than just being s***. If we try but fail then fair enough, but there is no trying.

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're s**** and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

I understand what you mean, we have the capabilities to be so much more under Ashley.

Under Westwood, Mckeag etc we never really had the major, major money that Ashley has

You absolute muppet.

I’d go and watch us under any regime and in any league we were in as long as we were trying to compete. Don’t ever put words into my mouth again you utter clown.

Surely you support your football club because that's your football club not because it's 'competing' or not

You're not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

That is the answer to the question: 'are you not arsed that the club you care so dearly about isn't successful?'

I asked you: are you not arsed that the team you care so dearly about is actively and overtly trying to avoid being successful?

Or do you think we are trying to be successful? Do you reckon Rafa to Bruce was a decision driven by an effort to be successful?

Ofcourse I am, and yeah it does feel like Ashley goes out of his way for us not to be successful. And ofcourse that pisses me off.

And no I don't, I've already said I didn't want Bruce and I've already said we should have done a hell of a lot more to keep Rafa

So, with that in mind, what's your motivation for going? I'm not trying to be an arse to you here, I genuinely want to know. If you accept that you're funding a falsity, are you prepared for things to always be this way? Are you not interested in trying to force a change?

My motivation for going is that I still despite all negativity on here enjoy going to games, the win against Man City last season was fantastic, I wouldn't want to miss that.

We had a group of players last season that really give a shit and really gave their all for the club. Not the best group of players but you can't fault their efforts

Am I prepared for things to be this way? Well I don't want things to be this way, I want us to be fighting at the top end of the table like we all do, but if this is what the club is at the moment then this is where the club is.

Like I've said if I thought boycotting and not going would get rid off Ashley then I'd cancel my season ticket tomorrow but sadly I don't think it would.

you want us to be fighting at the top end of the table? you expect that now? doing nothing will never force any change, we will never ever be at the top end of the table under this regime now, we fluked a 5th and he shit himself, you just dont see it do you, blind fucking faith in a cunt who hates you.you have no fucking idea why you go do you? its just what you do, my only interest was because we had a man i thought was a football man Rafa really trying to forcr the fat cunt into a change, but no he let him walk away because he dared to make or want us to be very good.

wake up ffs  :idiot2:

Guest covmag

he's just let our 2 top scorers walk away together with Rafa.

replaced so far with Steve Bruce and............no one

keep the faith eh?  O0

BFS turned them down ffs  :lol:

If you know you're being conned for something would you still buy it anyway?

No action taken = no reward.

Boycotting may take time to see concrete results, but it would drive Ashley into panic mode. 12k season tickets still available and suddenly we're looking to splash a reported £46m on one player. We've never even paid half of that for someone in his 12 years here, because we've never had 12k season tickets still available at this point. We've never had so many people choose to not renew their season tickets. It's making a difference.

Imagine what we could do to Ashley if everyone stayed away all season?

Seymour[/member]

Letting Rafa leave because he wanted us to act like a proper club, hiring Steve Bruce, letting our player of the year join another club because he was twenty nine, twenty fucking nine, when he was available for buttons in today market, letting our top scorer go, selling the most expensive shirt in the country, putting up season tickets prices, no communication whatsoever with it's life blood, the fanbase.

Just 20 days or so to go in the transfer window and zero signings, we're back to watching Jack Colback, the useless jaffa cake headed foul machine run around like a headless chicken.

Mike Ashley is laughing at you, taking the utter piss and yet none of that will stop you going, honestly mate what in the living fuck is wrong with you ?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

How much does the club/Ashley make from matchday revenue each season?

In the accounts we made £23.9million in 17/18. Season tickets went up in price last season by about 10% for those not on a deal, so you'd assume a jump in the 18/19 numbers to somewhere closer to £25million

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

We had a group of players last season that really give a s*** and really gave their all for the club. Not the best group of players but you can't fault their efforts

If the stadium was empty, away fans aside, every single match - do you think it would accelerate Ashley's likelihood of leaving or not?

No I don't, if I did think that I wouldn't go.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

We had a group of players last season that really give a s*** and really gave their all for the club. Not the best group of players but you can't fault their efforts

I think you’re maybe just a bit dim.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

Again, why do you think we're looking to sign a single player for over £40m all of a sudden when Rafa wasn't given half of that to spend on a player? He's trying to get the 12k back.

Guest reefatoon

It’s disappointing to see when fans talk about these things and pretend to believe them just so they can keep on going for their own selfish reasons. Would much prefer them to just say I am going because I want to go, instead of rambling on about they don’t think boycotts would work etc. It’s just a selfish attitude of not doing the hard part and stopping for a bit to see what happens. It’s a shame that there will be so many in Seymour’s position too come the Arsenal game. Would have really been something to see it work too, but writing it off without even trying is just pretty lame excuses for just personally not wanting to stop going.

Guest covmag

he's only spending what he's raked in so far.

so in truth its costing him fuck all, true he could just asset strip us, why not? he wants to gamble on his £150 million every year, the thick cunt could have had it with a little investment for Rafa.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

I think you’re maybe just a bit dim.

Yeah that must be it, the other 50k must be a bit dim too then.

How dare anyone support the club that they well... support

Its fine to have different opinions but this is absolutely fucking mental :lol: all because I've renewed my season ticket :lol:

It’s disappointing to see when fans talk about these things and pretend to believe them just so they can keep on going for their own selfish reasons. Would much prefer them to just say I am going because I want to go, instead of rambling on about they don’t think boycotts would work etc. It’s just a selfish attitude of not doing the hard part and stopping for a bit to see what happens. It’s a shame that there will be so many in Seymour’s position too come the Arsenal game. Would have really been something to see it work too, but writing it off without even trying is just pretty lame excuses for just personally not wanting to stop going.

Calling someone selfish for going to a football match is absolutely pathetic

Guest covmag

one game ffs.

had a mate on FB rant on about not being told what to do with his money, the defenders leapt to his defence, theres no chance of making it work but im willing to try.

he's only spending what he's raked in so far.

so in truth its costing him fuck all, true he could just asset strip us, why not? he wants to gamble on his £150 million every year, the thick cunt could have had it with a little investment for Rafa.

He'll spend more if he wants the season tickets sold. He has to at this point.

I don't think the spending would stop at Joelinton, which would eclipse what we've taken in already no?

Guest covmag

selfish

/ˈsɛlfɪʃ/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for other people; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

"I joined them for selfish reasons"

synonyms: egocentric, egotistic, egotistical, egomaniacal, self-centred, self-regarding, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, self-seeking, self-serving, wrapped up in oneself, inward-looking, introverted, self-loving

Guest reefatoon

Not pathetic in the slightest. People are trying to organise a boycott for the Arsenal game and people can’t even get behind that for one game. That is pretty selfish don’t you think? As in YOU won’t boycott one game because YOU want to go to the game. People always have to make hard choices, not being prepared to test it for one game seems incredibly selfish.

Not pathetic in the slightest. People are trying to organise a boycott for the Arsenal game and people can’t even get behind that for one game. That is pretty selfish don’t you think? As in YOU won’t boycott one game because YOU want to go to the game. People always have to make hard choices, not being prepared to test it for one game seems incredibly selfish.

So its just for one game is it?

What the fucks that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

You do realise you boycotting will propably create a negative impact on the team against Arsenal don't you?

If anything that's selfish....

What the fucks that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

You do realise you boycotting will propably create a negative impact on the team against Arsenal don't you?

If not a boycott, what would you suggest fans do as an alternative to try and fight back?

Guest reefatoon

Oh dear. I’ll leave it there, seems like this is going around in circles. If you can’t see what an impact it would have live on Sky then go enjoy your day. I think you know fine well it would be a huge statement to see an empty ground though, but you are just not willing to give up one game and even try to do something, so you hide behind the “it won’t work, what will this do” stance. Really don’t understand when these things happen that some fans take it as a personal attack on them then knuckle right down the opposite way. Really odd.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Guest NobbyOhNobby

You haven't absorbed a single thing anybody has said to you

What the f***s that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

If not a boycott, what would you suggest fans do as an alternative to try and fight back?

We'll that's a good question, what can we do? I don't know to be truthful

Mike Ashley is a billionaire, a very, very, stubborn one at that. It's not what fans want to hear but after 12 years people should have realised that he sells the club when he wants to sell the club

We've had boycotts and protests in the pasts, he knows you want rid off him and he's still here

What the f***s that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

You haven't absorbed a single thing anybody has said to you

You're right, I haven't as a lot that's been said has been a load of rubbish to be truthful.