Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Oh dear. I’ll leave it there, seems like this is going around in circles. If you can’t see what an impact it would have live on Sky then go enjoy your day. I think you know fine well it would be a huge statement to see an empty ground though, but you are just not willing to give up one game and even try to do something, so you hide behind the “it won’t work, what will this do” stance. Really don’t understand when these things happen that some fans take it as a personal attack on them then knuckle right down the opposite way. Really odd.

Look at the insults I've taken for having the absolute temerity to go to football games, football games played by my football club :lol:

Nobody is insulting you for going to the game, that's 100% your choice. You're getting insults because you're unable to grasp the importance of not going.

Because I have a different opinion to you regarding what will not going do?

I've listened to what's been said regarding the importance of not going, but just because you've said it, it doesn't mean it's true?

We have completely different views on the best way to help the club, that's fine. It's all about opinions, there's a hell of a lot off people out there who disagree with you.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing to help the club?

Keep up, he's supporting the team, not the regime. Other than funding it of course.

[quote author=Shearergol

link=topic=103091.msg7043153#msg7043153 date=1563779446]

Oh dear. I’ll leave it there, seems like this is going around in circles. If you can’t see what an impact it would have live on Sky then go enjoy your day. I think you know fine well it would be a huge statement to see an empty ground though, but you are just not willing to give up one game and even try to do something, so you hide behind the “it won’t work, what will this do” stance. Really don’t understand when these things happen that some fans take it as a personal attack on them then knuckle right down the opposite way. Really odd.

Look at the insults I've taken for having the absolute temerity to go to football games, football games played by my football club :lol:

Nobody is insulting you for going to the game, that's 100% your choice. You're getting insults because you're unable to grasp the importance of not going.

I've listened to what's been said regarding the importance of not going, but just because you've said it, it doesn't mean it's true?

We have completely different views on the best way to help the club, that's fine. It's all about opinions, there's a hell of a lot off people out there who disagree with you.

And they are being as utterly obtuse as you then. You have come up with no viable alternative solution. Fairly obvious why people see you as part.of the problem. And just because there are more like you doesn't validate your opinion against what should be blatantly obvious to anyone at this point. This is not fresh. We are f***ing 12 years into this regime, and have seen a cycle play out. Absolutely no excuse at this point if you are still fine with getting dry-fisted up the starfish.

Ofcourse everybody else is wrong, and you're right. That must be it mate.

Maybe people see boycotters as part of the problem?

You're so hell bent on 'helping' because you have this view of how Newcastle United should be that you don't seem to be able to comprehend that you're actually making things worse.

How are boycotters 'part of the problem'? In the words of a courageous, principled, chicken nugget loving young man, Seymour, I have been nice to you, but now I'm coming to the edge. Your view on the matter is totally and utterly warped.

When you talk of boycotting not working in terms of increasing the likelihood of Ashley selling, how can you possibly believe that when it's never been done (large-scale, whole match) before?

Because it isn't helping things, can you not see that? Ashley is the problem 100%, but boycotting will create a negative atmosphere on the players which rival managers will use to benefit them.

As supporters we are supposed to help the team, not be detrimental towards it.

Because its my belief that it wouldn't work? Just like it's your belief that it would work, despite us never doing it on a large scale before

Out of interest, for those still attending, if the football club aren't interested in winning trophies or qualifying for Europe and the only goal is to  do the absolute bare minimum to stay in the league, what's the point? Surely hope, optimism and entertainment are core values that drive attendance, you're getting none of those due the self imposed limitations on the team.

Doesn't want boycotts in case it affects the performance of the football team (good, I hope it does) but is content to "give Steve Bruce a chance" as manager.

I reckon that fat prick might have more of a negative effect on the team than whether or not you turn up to watch mate.

[quote author=Shearergol

And they are being as utterly obtuse as you then. You have come up with no viable alternative solution. Fairly obvious why people see you as part.of the problem. And just because there are more like you doesn't validate your opinion against what should be blatantly obvious to anyone at this point. This is not fresh. We are f***ing 12 years into this regime, and have seen a cycle play out. Absolutely no excuse at this point if you are still fine with getting dry-fisted up the starfish.

You're so hell bent on 'helping' because you have this view of how Newcastle United should be that you don't seem to be able to comprehend that you're actually making things worse.

How are boycotters 'part of the problem'? In the words of a courageous, principled, chicken nugget loving young man, Seymour, I have been nice to you, but now I'm coming to the edge. Your view on the matter is totally and utterly warped.

When you talk of boycotting not working in terms of increasing the likelihood of Ashley selling, how can you possibly believe that when it's never been done (large-scale, whole match) before?

Because it isn't helping things, can you not see that? Ashley is the problem 100%, but boycotting will create a negative atmosphere on the players which rival managers will use to benefit them.

Because its my belief that it wouldn't work? Just like it's your belief that it would work, despite us never doing it on a large scale before

You've got to broaden your view. It's about what's good for the club long term rather than just week-on-week.

I don't think anybody is 100% that boycotting will work. However, nothing else has come close to getting the twat out, and there's good logic behind it knowing money (and opportunity to market SD via TV) drives MA.

It's absolutely worth a shot and it'd be outright stupidity to write it off before giving it a try.

[quote author=Shearergol

Save your energy guys, seriously. There’s something not quite right with this one.

Out of interest, for those still attending, if the football club aren't interested in winning trophies or qualifying for Europe and the only goal is to  do the absolute bare minimum to stay in the league, what's the point? Surely hope, optimism and entertainment are core values that drive attendance, you're getting none of those due the self imposed limitations on the team.

And there we go...

You don't support a football club because of how good or bad it is, or if it qualifies for Europe or even attempts too for that matter.  You support a football club, because its YOUR football club, not because you have a good team or not.

To say 'What's what's the point?'

I'm sorry but you sound entitled and deluded.

Should the majority of fans in the country just stop going then?

[quote author=Shearergol

What will almost certainly create a negative atmosphere are thousands of attendees there to support the team, not the regime who moan, groan, and boo the team on to a gallant humping from Arsenal.

The way I see it, anyone who is taking a stand and walking away is doing far more good for the future of the club than those who continue to turn up and feed the cancer at the top. I've immense respect for those who have walked away after many years of ST holding and hundreds of loyalty points. But attending the Arsenal match and beyond is simply confirmation that you're happy for things to continue as they are.

Doesn't want boycotts in case it affects the performance of the football team (good, I hope it does) but is content to "give Steve Bruce a chance" as manager.

I reckon that fat prick might have more of a negative effect on the team than whether or not you turn up to watch mate.

So you actively want your football club to lose games? 🤔

I think people just need to accept that not everyone is going to walk away. I have, but I don't feel as if I need to take it on myself to judge or insult those that haven't. They'll have their reasons, however flimsy.

[quote author=Shearergol

What will almost certainly create a negative atmosphere are thousands of attendees there to support the team, not the regime who moan, groan, and boo the team on to a gallant humping from Arsenal.

The way I see it, anyone who is taking a stand and walking away is doing far more good for the future of the club than those who continue to turn up and feed the cancer at the top. I've immense respect for those who have walked away after many years of ST holding and hundreds of loyalty points. But attending the Arsenal match and beyond is simply confirmation that you're happy for things to continue as they are.

People who go to the games who moan, groan and boo the team aren't helping things either mind. The supporters who go to the games and create a negative atmosphere aren't either

It's just 'what fans are supposed to do', support their club. And it's really hard to break that.

But like I said earlier, that is based on an assumption about what a football club is, what it is trying to achieve and what it means. Those things no longer apply to NUFC, it's your club in name only.

And there we go...

You don't support a football club because of how good or bad it is, or if it qualifies for Europe or even attempts too for that matter.  You support a football club, because its YOUR football club, not because you have a good team or not.

Can you name another club in the country actively not trying? Are any of them the 20th richest club in the world?

Please tell me you understand that people are staying away because we're not trying, not because we're a bit shit?

[quote author=Shearergol

What exactly are we supposed to pay hundreds for to help the team achieve under Mike Ashley? Fucks sake man :lol: 12 years and you seemingly have no clue what the bloke has done.

How are the team going to improve unless we buy a season ticket, full kit, and shop in sports direct every week? The reason why we've had to sell Perez and not bid for Rondon is people have stayed away from games so Mike has no spare money to spend.

Also, we'd be top 6 if people cheered more at games. Getting top 6 means we'd be able to buy better players. Have the last 12 years showed you nothing?

And there we go...

Can you name another club in the country actively not trying? Are any of them the 20th richest club in the world?

Please tell me you understand that people are staying away because we're not trying, not because we're a bit s***?

We'll apparently if you aren't challenging for Europe or trophies and you're only aim is to stay up, then what's the point?

Thats half the league that man, can you not see how entitled that sounds? We have no right to be challenging

How are the team going to improve unless we buy a season ticket, full kit, and shop in sports direct every week? The reason why we've had to sell Perez and not bid for Rondon is people have stayed away from games so Mike has no spare money to spend.

Also, we'd be top 6 if people cheered more at games. Getting top 6 means we'd be able to buy better players. Have the last 12 years showed you nothing?

Good job I've not said any of that

And there we go...

Please tell me you understand that people are staying away because we're not trying, not because we're a bit s***?

We'll apparently if you aren't challenging for Europe or trophies and you're only aim is to stay up, then what's the point?

Thats half the league that man, can you not see how entitled that sounds? We have no right to be challenging

Name me another club, even in this league, actively trying to NOT compete?

[quote author=Shearergol

What exactly are we supposed to pay hundreds for to help the team achieve under Mike Ashley? f***s sake man :lol: 12 years and you seemingly have no clue what the bloke has done.

Fuck sake :lol:

You don't support a football club for what it achieves!!

You support a football club because it's YOUR football club

And there we go...

Name me another club, even in this league, actively trying to NOT compete?

Brighton

[quote author=Shearergol

What exactly are we supposed to pay hundreds for to help the team achieve under Mike Ashley? f***s sake man :lol: 12 years and you seemingly have no clue what the bloke has done.

Fuck sake :lol:

You don't support a football club for what it achieves!!

You support a football club because it's YOUR football club

It's not OUR football club under the current owner.