Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

It’s disappointing to see when fans talk about these things and pretend to believe them just so they can keep on going for their own selfish reasons. Would much prefer them to just say I am going because I want to go, instead of rambling on about they don’t think boycotts would work etc. It’s just a selfish attitude of not doing the hard part and stopping for a bit to see what happens. It’s a shame that there will be so many in Seymour’s position too come the Arsenal game. Would have really been something to see it work too, but writing it off without even trying is just pretty lame excuses for just personally not wanting to stop going.

Calling someone selfish for going to a football match is absolutely pathetic

Not pathetic in the slightest. People are trying to organise a boycott for the Arsenal game and people can’t even get behind that for one game. That is pretty selfish don’t you think? As in YOU won’t boycott one game because YOU want to go to the game. People always have to make hard choices, not being prepared to test it for one game seems incredibly selfish.

So its just for one game is it?

What the f***s that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

You do realise you boycotting will propably create a negative impact on the team against Arsenal don't you?

If anything that's selfish....

If not a boycott, what would you suggest fans do as an alternative to try and fight back?

We'll that's a good question, what can we do? I don't know to be truthful

Mike Ashley is a billionaire, a very, very, stubborn one at that. It's not what fans want to hear but after 12 years people should have realised that he sells the club when he wants to sell the club

We've had boycotts and protests in the pasts, he knows you want rid off him and he's still here

We've never had so many people refuse to go back, to the point where 12k season tickets are still available though. That's the difference here, and again it's resulting in Ashley spending a large amount of money on one player. Imagine what could be achieved if more people stayed away.

We can't just sit and shout at him in the stadium. The cameras have literally showed him laughing back at every single person doing it because he already has their money.

I think it should be clear by now that a miracle isn't just going to fall into our laps. Fans need to be proactive against Ashley now in order to hit him in the pocket and take our club back.

Give over man, do you honestly think the reason we are possibly signing Joleinton is because 12k hasn't renewed? :lol:

Didnt we want to sign him in January but Rafa wanted money spent elsewhere?

That's exactly why we're signing him. Do you seriously think Rafa was offered that much money to spend on one player and turned it down?? :lol:

Christ :lol:

We're signing him because we need a forward man, nothing to do with fans renewing or not.

Not very clever, are you?

Genuinely believing that the reason we're potentially signing Jolelinton is because fans haven't renewed :lol: not because we need a new forward after losing Perez and Rondon or anything

Aye, it's me who's not very clever

Again, explain why we're spending that amount on one player when we've never even spent half of that amount on someone in 12 years. It's called desperation.

Because the scouting team rate him highly and the club will believe that he's a player worth investing in?

Either that or they're spending 36m on a shit player to try and get fans to renew, that must be it.

Guest covmag

What do you like about attending SD UNITED ?

Genuine question

This is absolutely mental :lol: have you lot never spoken to a person who goes to games before like? :lol: :lol:.

You seem to be avoiding the question mate

I like going to games, I'm referring to SD UNITED

It’s disappointing to see when fans talk about these things and pretend to believe them just so they can keep on going for their own selfish reasons. Would much prefer them to just say I am going because I want to go, instead of rambling on about they don’t think boycotts would work etc. It’s just a selfish attitude of not doing the hard part and stopping for a bit to see what happens. It’s a shame that there will be so many in Seymour’s position too come the Arsenal game. Would have really been something to see it work too, but writing it off without even trying is just pretty lame excuses for just personally not wanting to stop going.

Not pathetic in the slightest. People are trying to organise a boycott for the Arsenal game and people can’t even get behind that for one game. That is pretty selfish don’t you think? As in YOU won’t boycott one game because YOU want to go to the game. People always have to make hard choices, not being prepared to test it for one game seems incredibly selfish.

What the f***s that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

You do realise you boycotting will propably create a negative impact on the team against Arsenal don't you?

If not a boycott, what would you suggest fans do as an alternative to try and fight back?

Mike Ashley is a billionaire, a very, very, stubborn one at that. It's not what fans want to hear but after 12 years people should have realised that he sells the club when he wants to sell the club

We've had boycotts and protests in the pasts, he knows you want rid off him and he's still here

We've never had so many people refuse to go back, to the point where 12k season tickets are still available though. That's the difference here, and again it's resulting in Ashley spending a large amount of money on one player. Imagine what could be achieved if more people stayed away.

We can't just sit and shout at him in the stadium. The cameras have literally showed him laughing back at every single person doing it because he already has their money.

I think it should be clear by now that a miracle isn't just going to fall into our laps. Fans need to be proactive against Ashley now in order to hit him in the pocket and take our club back.

Give over man, do you honestly think the reason we are possibly signing Joleinton is because 12k hasn't renewed? :lol:

That's exactly why we're signing him. Do you seriously think Rafa was offered that much money to spend on one player and turned it down?? :lol:

We're signing him because we need a forward man, nothing to do with fans renewing or not.

Genuinely believing that the reason we're potentially signing Jolelinton is because fans haven't renewed :lol: not because we need a new forward after losing Perez and Rondon or anything

Again, explain why we're spending that amount on one player when we've never even spent half of that amount on someone in 12 years. It's called desperation.

Because the scouting team rate him highly and the club will believe that he's a player worth investing in?

Either that or they're spending 36m on a shit player to try and get fans to renew, that must be it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, just randomly out of the blue spending over £40m on someone because they rate him highly. That has to be it.

I'm done. Good luck cracking this nut, gents.

Either that or they're spending 36m on a s*** player to try and get fans to renew, that must be it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, just randomly out of the blue spending over £40m on someone because they rate him highly. That has to be it.

Fuckinghell :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but utterly deluded, the reason he's been signed is because we need a new forward man fuck sake

Signing a a player for £36m because some fans haven't renewed :lol: imagine actually thinking that

Aye, im done too.

Either that or they're spending 36m on a s*** player to try and get fans to renew, that must be it.

I'm sorry but utterly deluded, the reason he's been signed is because we need a new forward man fuck sake

Signing a a player for £36m because some fans haven't renewed :lol: imagine actually thinking that

Aye, im done too.

Fuck it, I'm back in :lol:

So why haven't we spent this much on a player before? Look at the players we could have had over the last 5 years but refused to spend that much money. Why all of a sudden now when there's major fan outrage due to Rafa leaving, the failed "takeover", a threat of a boycott and 12k season tickets still unsold going into the new season? Why didn't we spend that kind of money last summer, or even in January when Rafa was still here as an incentive to keep him on board? We spent 6 months haggling over Almiron ffs.

We generally operate on peanuts just to stay in the league man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think we're gonna start spending this much all the time now?

The boycott is recommended for all things NUFC until he buggers off. For those that won't flat out boycott NUFC, the hope is that they will at least boycott the Arsenal match to send some sort of message to Ashley and the TV audience. You're worrying about the effects of the boycott on a largely inconsequential result in the grand scheme of things. The players should know that none of this is directed at them (except Colback, he can take all the flack that's ever thrown at him, the s**** little turncoat).

If, for example, 30,000 boycotted (:yao:) and you were then in the minority in turning up, would you reconsider your position?

I'm sorry but I don't think even if 30,000 boycotted that Ashley would sell :lol:

Like I've said numerous times man, if I thought not turning up would get rid of him I wouldn't go.

I'm not letting one man ruin, supporting my football club.

You don't think 30,000 boycotting would, at the very least, have him sweating and instantly pulling some bullshit PR stunt? A sustained boycott would almost certainly have him closer to the exit door imo.

Hasn't he already ruined your football club? Because from my point of view it's no longer ours. Any faint glimmer of hope that it was still ours left with Rafa. Bruce is simply confirmation of that sad fact.

If 30k boycotted, he wouldn't be happy no, it would be lack of revenue. But no I don't believe it would push him out of the door

He wants 350m doesn't he? If no one is willing to pay that, with the clauses he would want included too, then he's not going to leave then is he?

So make him sell.

Put him in a position where he needs to get out. Lower his asking price.

The first part of that is a boycott. Devalue his asset.

It is the only way.

This Joelinton stuff is taking away from the real meat of the argument, like. Christ knows what's going on with that deal but his name has been linked to us since way earlier in the year so it seems tenuous to link it to the supposed drop in ticket sales. Something seems pretty off about the whole thing and there's an argument for filing it under the other blatantly bullshit transfers, see Gonzalez, Ferreyra, Doumbia.

I'm sorry but utterly deluded, the reason he's been signed is because we need a new forward man f*** sake

Aye, im done too.

f*** it, I'm back in :lol:

So why haven't we spent this much on a player before? Look at the players we could have had over the last 5 years but refused to spend that much money. Why all of a sudden now when there's major fan outrage due to Rafa leaving, the failed "takeover", a threat of a boycott and 12k season tickets still unsold going into the new season? Why didn't we spend that kind of money last summer, or even in January when Rafa was still here as an incentive to keep him on board? We spent 6 months haggling over Almiron ffs.

We generally operate on peanuts just to stay in the league man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thinking that the reason we're potentially signing him is because of season tickets renewals man :lol: this is why we get called deluded, can you not see that man?

The club hadnt broke its transfer record in 12 years but yet did in January... Think about it man

This Joelinton stuff is taking away from the real meat of the argument, like. Christ knows what's going on with that deal but his name has been linked to us since way earlier in the year so it seems tenuous to link it to the supposed drop in ticket sales. Something seems pretty off about the whole thing and there's an argument for filing it under the other blatantly bullshit transfers, see Gonzalez, Ferreyra, Doumbia.

The point is it's out of the ordinary. In 12 years Mike Ashley hasn't even spent half of the reported amount. Why all of a sudden now when Rafa has left? Why wasn't Rafa given even half of that for one player last summer?

Joelinton is nothing but an almost like for like (spending wise) replacement for Perez.

Ashley knows he needs some investment (and prices have gone crazy) to try and keep his Sports Direct advertisement football team in 17th place.

No ambition for more than that - just enough to keep the global free advertising for his brand of shops.

Joelinton has nothing to do with season ticket sales, total distraction from the point in this thread as Yorkie said.

I'm sorry but utterly deluded, the reason he's been signed is because we need a new forward man f*** sake

Aye, im done too.

f*** it, I'm back in :lol:

Thinking that the reason we're potentially signing him is because of season tickets renewals man :lol: this is why we get called deluded, can you not see that man?

The club hadnt broke its transfer record in 12 years but yet did in January... Think about it man

The Almiron deal is set to rise to a record breaking fee based on clauses. The fee up front was reported to be under £20m.

Why was Rafa only given £22m to spend on 5 players last summer, even though we took in over £40m in player sales?

Joelinton is nothing but an almost like for like (spending wise) replacement for Perez.

Ashley knows he needs some investment (and prices have gone crazy) to try and keep his Sports Direct advertisement football team in 17th place.

No ambition for more than that - just enough to keep the global free advertising for his brand of shops.

Joelinton has nothing to do with season ticket sales, total distraction from the point in this thread as Yorkie said.

A club record signing of this amount, at this point in time is aiming to get those back who have chosen to stay away.

Ashley believes that spending so much on one player will draw some of them back in, then when he has them back he can resume business as usual. If he didn't give a shit about the boycott he'd just get a striker in for £10-15m.

Spit and player profile. Club wanted Joelinton in January but Rafa said no as per his final say clause.

You are barking up the wrong tree here. Jorelinton has nowt to do with season ticket sales. As I said, club wanted him January, some fantasy they think they can flip him for a profit in a few seasons.

Total distraction from the point here about Seymour not understanding that going to the games is directly funding and legitimising Mike Ashley.

Seymour, you obviously feel very strongly. You've said you enjoy going to the games and that's your choice. I know it's hard to contemplate doing without what you've done for years. I know I'm finding it hard but please understand the reason for staying away isn't anything to do with how we're  playing/where we finish. It's the failure to compete in a sport. The whole point of sport is to TRY and be better than the opposition Surely?

What the fucks that going to do like? :lol: we boycott one game and Ashley sells the club suddenly? Nah

I didn't think you could regress to an even stupider level. Impressive.

Spit and player profile. Club wanted Joelinton in January but Rafa said no as per his final say clause.

You are barking up the wrong tree here. Jorelinton has nowt to do with season ticket sales. As I said, club wanted him January, some fantasy they think they can flip him for a profit in a few seasons.

Total distraction from the point here about Seymour not understanding that going to the games is directly funding and legitimising Mike Ashley.

That would be plausible if we didn't spend so long haggling over the Almiron fee. Why was Rafa not given that £40m+ they were/are going to spend on Joelinton to get someone else in? Why was the biggest fee for an attacking player last summer £9.5m? The answer is obvious. Ashley normally will spend the bare minimum unless he's worried about fan unrest (which can hit him in the pocket).

Pretty sure Rondon on loan wasn't Rafa's first choice striker in the market either. We all know Rafa had to settle for 5th and 6th choice targets because he wasn't being given the money to spend.

I've said before, if people don't stop going now they never will (unless we plummet down the leagues).

The people who go next season are beyond persuation as how f***ing clear does it need to get?

Thousands haven't been since the Keegan fiasco, and as we are seeing thousands are f***ing it off after the Rafa fiasco, better late than never.

Anyone going from now is beyond help and not a Newcastle fan.