Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced that even if our whole fan base gave up their season tickets and stopped going to games that he would definitely leave. With that being said, we absolutely have to boycott. It’s the best card we have to play, and we must play it. Getter no rid of this parasite has to be our only goal.

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced that even if our whole fan base gave up their season tickets and stopped going to games that he would definitely leave. With that being said, we absolutely have to boycott. It’s the best card we have to play, and we must play it. Getter no rid of this parasite has to be our only goal.

I agree, it might make him move his office nearer to the exit, though.

If the club was in the Championship for a couple of seasons (likelier with no home crowd) and the ground was empty the club would be losing money hand over fist. He's a hell of a lot more likely to sell in that case than the alternative scenario (free unconditional money).

The "drop in the ocean" claim is utter bollocks. As if the club would just roll on as normal with an empty stadium. ffs

A permanent boycott would mean relegation, chaos and negative PR all round. It would hammer the value of the club and start a slide that Mike wouldn't be able to stop.

And if we get relegated we could get stuck in the championship or even worse...

I know you're going to come out with the 'I'd rather be in the championship or league 1 if it got rid off Ashley'

But if you won't go to games in the premier league, got a feeling you'll be boycotting in league 1 too regardless off ownership.

What absolute horseshit. I’m beginning to think you’re a WUM. If Ashley went and we got an owner that wanted to compete people would flock back, me included.

If the club was in the Championship for a couple of seasons (likelier with no home crowd) and the ground was empty the club would be losing money hand over fist. He's a hell of a lot more likely to sell in that case than the alternative scenario (free unconditional money).

O0

The atmosphere at the home matches was a wee bit better under Rafa, most songs sang were about Rafa, it will be s*** now, the crowd will be like zombies, the football s***, the ambition s***, the owner a c***, the ground looking manky.

But it’s a day out  :rolleyes:

f*** off man

Painting the ground as we speak actually ?

Still s**** ,  O0

You'll never know man, nee f***er goes to games on here

A lot of us used to but most have seen the light. Took me longer than most but no more money for Mike Ashley's companies work team. It's the only way.

Aye. Carry on going though Seymour. Get yourself an SD flag while your at it, that way his tatty business can get an extra layer of exposure along with a full stadium.

Sorry for going to watch the football club I support :lol:

I'll be supporting the 11 players on the pitch and the manager in the dugout, like I've always done. Good ownership or bad ownership won't change that.

I'll not be supporting SD or Mike Ashley and I refuse to believe that just because you're supporting the team that means you're supporting the ownership.

Believe what you like, doesn't change the facts. You're his only guaranteed revenue stream and the reason he's still here.

I'm the reason he's still here aye :lol:

If I genuinely thought that cancelling my season ticket would get rid off Ashley then I would

So are you saying that if everyone cancelled their season tickets he'd still be here?

Thats what I'm saying yes.

Mike Ashley sells the club when HE wants not when you do.

What if Mike Ashley is here for another 10 years?

Am I fuck going 10 years without going to a game, just because we've had a shite owner

Had to put his own money on both seasons we were down, no? How long would he want to keep that up? Club doesn't serve his purpose in the Championship.

Had to put his own money on both seasons we were down, no? How long would he want to keep that up? Club doesn't serve his purpose in the Championship.

Exactly. "My money doesn't matter" is objectively bullshit.

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Not sure how people can go that long without going to a game but there you go

What are you going for though? What are you supporting?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're s*** and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Howay Seymour man. Until that last quote i've admired your bravery in defending the minority view (on here anyway) but that last sentence? As i said before there's more to it than just being s***. If we try but fail then fair enough, but there is no trying.

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're shite and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

I understand what you mean, we have the capabilities to be so much more under Ashley.

Under Westwood, Mckeag etc we never really had the major, major money that Ashley has

You absolute muppet.

I’d go and watch us under any regime and in any league we were in as long as we were trying to compete. Don’t ever put words into my mouth again you utter clown.

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're s*** and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Even when we were s*** we still tried to compete we tried to get better than s***,

Different subject altogether but that simply isn't true tbh, fans boycotted against Westwood and Mckeag too. Taking the Robson/Keegan years away we've been pretty poor/average since the 50's.

What annoys me the most however is that Ashley has the money and capabilities to do so much more than what he does

Stop enabling him ffs

Howay Seymour man. Until that last quote i've admired your bravery in defending the minority view (on here anyway) but that last sentence? As i said before there's more to it than just being s***. If we try but fail then fair enough, but there is no trying.

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're s**** and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

I understand what you mean, we have the capabilities to be so much more under Ashley.

Under Westwood, Mckeag etc we never really had the major, major money that Ashley has

You absolute muppet.

I’d go and watch us under any regime and in any league we were in as long as we were trying to compete. Don’t ever put words into my mouth again you utter clown.

:lol: if you say so

So in order to watch the club you support, we have to 'compete'?

Why can't you just support your football club?

Surely you support your football club because that's your football club not because it's 'competing' or not

Stop enabling him ffs

Even when we were s*** we still tried to compete we tried to get better than s***,

Different subject altogether but that simply isn't true tbh, fans boycotted against Westwood and Mckeag too. Taking the Robson/Keegan years away we've been pretty poor/average since the 50's.

What annoys me the most however is that Ashley has the money and capabilities to do so much more than what he does

Without the protests in the Mckeag years we wouldn't have had the KK SBR years and would have been shite for 50 years. Is that what you want from the next 50 years?

Stop enabling him ffs

Then do what's needed to get the fucker out - stop handing him your money and going to games.

The atmosphere at the home matches was a wee bit better under Rafa, most songs sang were about Rafa, it will be s*** now, the crowd will be like zombies, the football s***, the ambition s***, the owner a c***, the ground looking manky.

f*** off man

Still s**** ,  O0

A lot of us used to but most have seen the light. Took me longer than most but no more money for Mike Ashley's companies work team. It's the only way.

Aye. Carry on going though Seymour. Get yourself an SD flag while your at it, that way his tatty business can get an extra layer of exposure along with a full stadium.

I'll be supporting the 11 players on the pitch and the manager in the dugout, like I've always done. Good ownership or bad ownership won't change that.

I'll not be supporting SD or Mike Ashley and I refuse to believe that just because you're supporting the team that means you're supporting the ownership.

Believe what you like, doesn't change the facts. You're his only guaranteed revenue stream and the reason he's still here.

If I genuinely thought that cancelling my season ticket would get rid off Ashley then I would

So are you saying that if everyone cancelled their season tickets he'd still be here?

Am I f*** going 10 years without going to a game, just because we've had a s**** owner

We won't know if we don't try.

If we do everything we can to agitate a change and he's still here, then yes, I will agree with you. Carry on as you were, no more arguments from me, you would be right but until that point, you are complicit.

I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely convinced that even if our whole fan base gave up their season tickets and stopped going to games that he would definitely leave.

It wouldn't happen immediately but it starts a chain reaction that totally fucks him over. Players that are here lose motivation and under perform playing in an empty home stadium. They look to leave. Very few players want to come (certainly none with any quality and ambition). Multiple relegations ensue. Ashley is totally fucked.

Stop enabling him ffs

I haven't said it to anyone else, but read his post man. It sounds like the reason he went to games was because we had a good team under KK and Robson, and now because we're s**** and fighting relegation who won't go anymore.

You absolute muppet.

Surely you support your football club because that's your football club not because it's 'competing' or not

When are the forum awards this year? You should get your own special trophy.

f*** off man

Still s**** ,  O0

Am I f*** going 10 years without going to a game, just because we've had a s**** owner

We won't know if we don't try.

If we do everything we can to agitate a change and he's still here, then yes, I will agree with you. Carry on as you were, no more arguments from me, you would be right but until that point, you are complicit.

That photo man, it's classic. Mini-me.

Assuming that Seymour isn't a WUM, fair play for sticking to his guns and his reasoning for going.

It's just disappointing that we have fans that still can't see that we have the power to force change.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

Jesus Christ, you might as well support the Washington Generals against the Harlem Globetrotters then. At the fundamental core of sport is competing.

This thinking is one of the most apt examples of the Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Just caught up with the last few pages.

Agree with Wullie that it WOULD effect Mike Ashley if fans stopped going.

Seymour being simple minded again thinking it wouldn’t have any effect :laugh:

In wullie's scenario it would, undoubtedly. But the club is currently a long way from costing him money. Not going is definitely the right thing to do, but the effects will take time. which is why it is imperative to start as early as possible. He'll give them away to schoolchildren, nurses, firefighters, even Mackems who need the toilet.

Stop enabling him ffs

You absolute muppet.

It ain't my club mate, hasn't been for years. It's his, lock, stock and barrel. It plays in black and white and calls itself Newcastle United but it's not representative of me or my city. It's a glorified advertising board. I consider it as much my club as a Wimbledon fan would consider MK Dons theirs. It has taken mine over and acted as a parasite.