Joelinton

Stifler

Have to be honest and say I’ve had doubts about JL for a long time. Even during his v. good period. He has had me out of my seat (in a good way) though. But I think the surprise factor has worn off. For the opposition too, they’ve realised where he’s a little bit weak in his game and I think they try and stay well clear of the areas in which he’s clearly a monster. 
Anyway, hope he kicks on a bit and develops that little bit more positional awareness and becomes more secure with the ball in key defensive areas/times.

I’d much rather he just got even better than buy someone else.

48 minutes ago, huss9 said:

his goal goes in and we're haling him today.

A decent player with a decent touch and it's a goal.  Very poor from him.

I still love the gadgie, I love the fact he went from being possibly the worst centre forward we’ve ever had (on a pound for pound basis - and I do mean £££) to beloved fan favourite, feted by pundits and capped by Brazil

But he’s a long way short of being a good PL midfielder

He’s a very good box to box midfielder and saying he’s not a good PL midfielder is a bit mad considering he’s not really been his best for a bit yet he’s got a crucial goal and assist to his name on top of massive blocks, tackles and etc this season that have led to where we are on the points and table.

What he does need to do is work on his awareness (start looking about more and knowing where he is) which I am sure he, the coaching staff and his personal coaching analyst team will be working on with him as quickly as today. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He’s a very good box to box midfielder and saying he’s not a good PL midfielder is a bit mad considering he’s not really been his best for a bit yet he’s got a crucial goal and assist to his name on top of massive blocks, tackles and etc this season that have led to where we are on the points and table.

What he does need to do is work on his awareness (start looking about more and knowing where he is) which I am sure he, the coaching staff and his personal coaching analyst team will be working on with him as quickly as today. 

The amount of times that he was caught in possession was ridiculous.  A class midfielder doesn't do that.  Bruno is similar actually.

His defensive work off the ball today was close to magnificent, so many tackles and headers out of our box while we were under the cosh. On the ball he can get caught out and be clumsy but i'd guess EH loves his off the ball work.