Joelinton

Stifler

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I didn’t think he was that bad on the ball but he is regularly slow to sort himself and play it. Always just assumed it was from him becoming a late convert to midfield play and needing to progress it forward rather than being in the forward line himself plus him having faith he can shrug the oppo off.

I think that's pretty much it tbh, think I said this earlier as well. He's not a natural midfielder and that shows sometimes, but while he can lose the ball sometimes because of that lack of awareness, he also can bring the ball out of a melee and set off a counter attack which leads to goals. Add his physicality and you've still got a beast of a player despite him not really being an elite midfielder.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think that's pretty much it tbh, think I said this earlier as well. He's not a natural midfielder and that shows sometimes, but while he can lose the ball sometimes because of that lack of awareness, he also can bring the ball out of a melee and set off a counter attack which leads to goals. Add his physicality and you've still got a beast of a player despite him not really being an elite midfielder.

I’ve always thought, at the back of my mind, Howe might be keen to bin him off due to this but I think his off the ball work and genuine physicality in there has put this off the table.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

You've never actually played the sport have you?

What are you, like 300 pounds? And bedridden?

Any need for this shit? Seriously? 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Any need for this shit? Seriously? 

Taking that clearly over the top and daft post seriously is so ridiculous man, honestly. Just stop.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Taking that clearly over the top and daft post seriously is so ridiculous man, honestly. Just stop.

If you're the one degrading people and winding others up then you'll be the one who 'stops'. Trust me :thup:

10 minutes ago, midds said:

If you're the one degrading people and winding others up then you'll be the one who 'stops'. Trust me :thup:

These threats are not being issued out consistently on here at all. I'll just leave it at that.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

These threats are not being issued out consistently on here at all. I'll just leave it at that.

You're being an arsehole and I'd like you to stop. You either do or you don't

2 minutes ago, midds said:

You're being an arsehole and I'd like you to stop. You either do or you don't

I even told @Elliottman I wasn't being serious once I saw it was received the wrong way.

Why are you being like this?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I even told @Elliottman I wasn't being serious once I saw it was received the wrong way.

Why are you being like this?

I'm looking after the members and seeing your (fucking horrible and derogatory) post directed at another member kind of stood out. It's not a normal way to reply to people To suggest it's me who may have the problem with your post is highly indicative of where you're at tbh  

Don’t think anyone finds “are you 300 pounds and bedridden” funny when you’re using it to back up your actual point that someone doesn’t understand the game as well as you. Just accept that it was a poor comment and unlikely to ever be received well as you were mocking someone because you felt attacked that they took a different stance to you. It’s ok to just accept that someone has a different opinion and not take it personally and get on the defensive 

9 minutes ago, midds said:

I'm looking after the members and seeing your (fucking horrible and derogatory) post directed at another member kind of stood out. It's not a normal way to reply to people To suggest it's me who may have the problem with your post is highly indicative of where you're at tbh  

It's not like I looked at a picture of the guy and insulted him. He literally runs marathons for goodness sake.

I was just goofing around. No different from some guy calling me a position change nonce because I said Gordon should play on the right. Which people had a good laugh about.

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t think anyone finds “are you 300 pounds and bedridden” funny when you’re using it to back up your actual point that someone doesn’t understand the game as well as you. Just accept that it was a poor comment and unlikely to ever be received well as you were mocking someone because you felt attacked that they took a different stance to you. It’s ok to just accept that someone has a different opinion and not take it personally and get on the defensive 

I wonder how many understand what 300 pounds means, I mean its stones isn't it ?

Edited by madras

Just now, KaKa said:

It's not like I looked at a picture of the guy and insulted him. He literally runs marathons for goodness sake.

I was just goofing around. No different from some guy guy calling me a position change nonce because I said Gordon should play on the right. Which people had a good laugh about.

[emoji38]

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You really think I was upset over what he said regarding my point? My God :lol:

This place is so confusing man. I swear.

Just now, KaKa said:

I’d say that you generally can’t cope with people criticising your stance on something. You rarely just let it go, you either feel the need to throw it back in their face later down the line or get whipped up into some back and forth. Who the fuck cares if someone thinks your opinion is shit. There’s no need to try and score points, no one cares. Just enjoy being right if you are, that’s all you should need 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's about to become much fucking clearer. I swear

Just now, gbandit said:

I’d say that you generally can’t cope with people criticising your stance on something. You rarely just let it go, you either feel the need to throw it back in their face later down the line or get whipped up into some back and forth. Who the fuck cares if someone thinks your opinion is shit. There’s no need to try and score points, no one cares. Just enjoy being right if you are, that’s all you should need 

I enjoy a good back and forth over opinions, but that's quite different from actually insulting people over this stuff.

I was just being daft earlier hence the hyperbole. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I guess not. Next time I will include a smiley. Sheesh.