Baines fee?

Dokko

To be honest i think Newcastle look in the wrong places for players, Portugal, Germany and France have bundles of good, young, mainly cheap defensive players who would be just as effective as most defenders in the premiership i think newcastle needs to be more like Arsenal and less like Chelsea. In 5 years time the Chelsea team will be quite old or will have at least lost their legs but in five years time Arsenals young defence will have flourished into world class players. we try to buy the currently best but not the future stars and its a problem.

Fair enough, it just seems we are poking around in the dark, plucking names out randomly. Given, Schultz is a good player, but if he was to leave i'm sure he would move to Bayern or a someone rather than uproot to a mediocre English team. I agree we should look abroad though.

i rate baines but english players cost alot of money just because they're english, paul jewell is acting like he's talking about zambrotta.Baines is good and very promising but i wouldn't pay more than 5 million for him.

I think what's been put forward is realistic, and where we should be heading in the window if possible.

We've got limited knowledge of the game, therefore we can only offer a few names in to the hat, we've just got to hope the club is looking at strengthen the leftback position as strongly as we want it to be, if so, we'll end up with someone decent.

Get a £5m leftback in, a £5m Rightback, and get rid of Carr & Babayaro, and our defense improves 500%.

Loan a striker, we just need a body and a stopgap, thats all, not another star studded striker.

Do this and we'll have a good second half to the season, and hopefully we can then look away from these two positions, and concentrate on other areas in the summer.

i hear that loud and clear toon taylor, baba and carr are not good enough. Im pretty happy to leave the centre halves for now but full backs are a must, we need guys who will give us a few years of good services so taiwo and baines fit the bill.

what about the right back area? i think nobby doing well but we still need another right back as carr squad number should be officially void!!

I wouldn't mind Moritz Volz. Is he still at Fulham? If he is I think could be worth signing, young, will only get better and wouldn't cost a bomb.

Just signed a new contract which is a shame as he was out of contract at the end of the season.

I would keep Baba tbh as backup. Carr can f*ck off though!

i hear that loud and clear toon taylor, baba and carr are not good enough. Im pretty happy to leave the centre halves for now but full backs are a must, we need guys who will give us a few years of good services so taiwo and baines fit the bill.

what about the right back area? i think nobby doing well but we still need another right back as carr squad number should be officially void!!

Again, someone i've mentioned many times on here, Giourkas Seitaridis.

I reckon we could get him for less than £5m.

Young ish, strong, tall, determined, experienced, i think he's a canny player.

Would be the best rightback this club has had since i've started supporting the club.

I did like the look of Miguel, but he plays for Valenica now, and IIRC Valencia's usual RB is injured for the season, he's filled in and has done well.

Luis Perea is another good option there, also can play at RB, but for me would be a risk, he might not adapt, same with Miguel imo, but with Seitaridis being Greek, i think he'd suit our game more and would be my 1st choice.

nelson? i heard he was good against man u. I like lucas neill but he's on his was to liverpool i reckon, used to like luke young but he looks shite in that charlton team at the moment(but who doesn't)

Im hoping we pull something out of the bag, no panic last minute buys, calculated and thoughful buys for the future. I still remember how i felt the day bobby robson signed woodgate............... i want that feeling back.

Full name Nélson Augusto Tomar Marcos

Date of birth 10 June 1983

Place of birth Ilha do Sal, Cape Verde

Height 170 cm (5'7")

Nickname Nelson

Position Right-Back, Winger

Club information

Current club SL Benfica

Number 22

Professional clubs*

Years Club Apps (goals)

2002–2003

2003–2004

2004-2005

2005– Vilanovense FC

Salgueiros

Boavista FC

SL Benfica 32 (1)

21 (0)

32 (0)

34 (1)

National team**

2006– Portugal U-21 23 (2)

known for his attacking exploits apparently

Isn't he that player Dabizas tried to persuade Bobby to get whilst he was here? I remember him in Euro 2004 and looked the part.

Was shit hot in 2004, one of their best players.

Moved to Moscow soon after from Porto (reported £8m fee), it didn't work out, he didn't like the Country so moved on (undisclosed fee thought to be £5m)

Haven't really heard much of him this season, so dont know if he's doing well or not, but he is in the team.

Full name Nélson Augusto Tomar Marcos

Date of birth 10 June 1983

Place of birth Ilha do Sal, Cape Verde

Height 170 cm (5'7")

Nickname Nelson

Position Right-Back, Winger

Club information

Current club SL Benfica

Number 22

Professional clubs*

Years Club Apps (goals)

2002–2003

2003–2004

2004-2005

2005– Vilanovense FC

Salgueiros

Boavista FC

SL Benfica 32 (1)

21 (0)

32 (0)

34 (1)

National team**

2006– Portugal U-21 23 (2)

known for his attacking exploits apparently

Am all for attacking fullbacks, but they need to be solid defenders 1st of all for me.

Sounds slight, and slight players playing in Portugal dont fill me with confidence for adapting to our fast paced physical game.

But i dont know anything about him to judge.

These are actually good options seiteridis is a great shout! where is he playing now?(club)

Nelson is only 23 too! If we get this takeover sorted all the players we've mentioned should be getable providing were serious, MONEY TALKS, CHING CHING!!!