Baines fee?

Dokko

Don't rate Upson at all and we can't afford to spend £5m on an injury prone CB!

You can get Woodgate for that price, a real CB with real quality.

having said that £1 million per game plus 60K a week is a little expensive for him.

You've got a point, the only way I'd want Woody is for him to play the rest of the season without any sort of injury.

having said that £1 million per game plus 60K a week is a little expensive for him.

Hmmm, but Upson wouldn't be too far behind that total either.

Yeah you're probably right although i haven't really been taking much interest in Upson this season has he had any injuries yet?

if not upson who else? not a great deal out there that is readily available.

Distin seems to be a non starter if roeder is to belived, so i just wonder who else he has up his sleeve.

This transfer window will be very important and say an awful lot about our management team.

Yeah you're probably right although i haven't really been taking much interest in Upson this season has he had any injuries yet?

He hasn't played a game!  bluebigeek.gif

He hasn't played a game! bluebigeek.gif

are you serious? :confused:

tbh we don'y need a CB Taylor for me is first choice, then its Moore, Ramage, Bramble and Huntington as 2nd choice or backup so in that department newcastle are fine

P.S i would go for Woody when he comes available, he must have realised by now that Middlesboro are shit and not right for him

Taylor, Ramage, Hunty & Bramble.

That will do me, especially the 1st two, they look handy together.

They'd look even better with decent fullbacks protecting them, in fact, they look great having footballers beside them, even ones out of position, so ones of real quality in their actual position would go down a treat.

It will do for now until the end of the season, where we can hopefully bring in a world-class CB for a big fee like we did with Woody.

Sorry, he's back, 3 games played.

http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=1640&clid=41&cpid=10

tbh we don'y need a CB Taylor for me is first choice, then its Moore, Ramage, Bramble and Huntington as 2nd choice or backup so in that department newcastle are fine

P.S i would go for Woody when he comes available, he must have realised by now that Middlesboro are shit and not right for him

Its good enough, the goals against in the league show so.

All the danger now comes down wings, and when dumb and dumber play, we tend to do shite.

Nicky Butt is 50% the reason the defense is playing so well, 40% is to do with Babayaro & Carr being out of the team, 10% Taylor starting to shine.

We must keep them out, we must replace them and hopefully sell them, do this and our defense can finally have the spotlight off them for a change, and our young defenders might get a chance to learn.

don't think we'll be in for woody again, unless we're waiting to see how he does this season.

we need someone in who will stay fit and remain solid and trustworthy throughout( shite that sounds like the lines i used in my lonely hearts advert) please excuse me.

Sorry, he's back, 3 games played.

http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=1640&clid=41&cpid=10

That's still pretty awful, looks like he will be our main priority then!

don't think we'll be in for woody again, unless we're waiting to see how he does this season.

we need someone in who will stay fit and remain solid and trustworthy throughout( shite that sounds like the lines i used in my lonely hearts advert) please excuse me.

Leo45543 is that you? ;)

I say again we go German (in the summer though), breeding their CB's big at the moment, Mertsacker or something looked the real deal, mooohassive as well.

Leo45543 is that you? ;)

I say again we go German (in the summer though), breeding their CB's big at the moment, Mertsacker or something looked the real deal, mooohassive as well.

are damm, nabbed me again!

I think Charlton may be willing to cut their losses with Luke Young in January. Decent player, young, good engine, English and quick. Worth a bid of 4 million if Upson is.

HE isn't!

Wouldn't mind going for Young though, decent player and certainly a massive improvement on Carr.

Would love Taylor from Wigan but he is injured.

I think Charlton may be willing to cut their losses with Luke Young in January. Decent player, young, good engine, English and quick. Worth a bid of 4 million if Upson is.

Was a fan for going for Young, but did you see the Liverpool game?

Fuking hell, no thanks.

It was simply the worst performance i've seen this season by any player, including Carr.

If we wanted, i reckon Charlton would do a straight swap with our dwarf after that.

Faye may of got booed off but the Charlton fans were just too stunned to move their lips when Young was finally put out of his misery and subbed.

-5 out of 10, i kid you not.

Fuking hell, no thanks.

It was simply the worst performance i've seen this season by any player, including Carr.

If we wanted, i reckon Charlton would do a straight swap with our dwarf after that.

One game though, we have all seen good players have complete shockers!

HE isn't!

Wouldn't mind going for Young though, decent player and certainly a massive improvement on Carr.

Would love Taylor from Wigan but he is injured.

Good shout.

Shame we dont go looking for young talent down in the leagues anymore.

Billy  Jones is a fuking shit hot player waiting to be sold by Crewe to the next team with some brains.

We left it too late with Ashton, and look at him now, same with Darren Bent, imaging having them two upfront?

We could of for £3m for both of them at one stage.

Fuking hell, no thanks.

True, but it was that bad, i didn't think he had it in him tbh.

I cant champion him anymore after that, i cant say i want him at the club.

The way I see it, Joey Barton is basically just Scott Parker but with personality problems.

(waits for the flames to fall)

Definitely agree with Taiwo/Baines, but if the big clubs are on the prowl, I guess we wouldn't have a chance. Arsenal is looking desperate for a LB, so I guess they'll pick up Baines. Why the **** does Inter want Taiwo anyway? Don't they already have like 30 leftbacks on the first team?

In a quaint bit of nepotism, I'd personaly like to suggest Lee Young-Pyo. Was a good preformer last year, and is in my opinion a good deal less shaky defensively than he gets blamed for. Jol was a crazy bastard to ditch him for Ekotto TBH. He wants out of Tottenham and would probably come on the cheap (3 mil at most). Deal to Roma in the summer fell through because he didn't want to move out of England, so we'd be an ideal spot.

Fuking hell, no thanks.

True, but it was that bad, i didn't think he had it in him tbh.

I cant champion him anymore after that, i cant say i want him at the club.

Fair enough  bluebiggrin.gif

Apparently a couple of decent right backs down the leagues. What happened to that fella that went to West Ham? Played about 4 games got good match ratings but thats it! Injured?

I disagree, I think even Gerrard would struggle playing for Charlton at the minute. Completely shit club, hate them, glad they're going down. There are better right backs but I think he's twice what Carr is and will ever be. When the team has no confidence, you switch off and I'm prepared to say that that game was a one off for Young. Playing in a team with a bit of confidence I think he'd excel.