Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

:lol: Think this thread is bad enough without going back to that shit.

How's everyone's bowel movements been this week?

Frequent with a slight consistency of nesquik cereal.

This thread is definitely reaching 1000 pages without this sorry mess concluding either way.

In that time my money's on 7 more morality arguments, 5 more bowel movement support groups, 3 more clique flounces and 1 more nonce outing.

im past caring now, football with closed doors for the forseeable doesn,t interest me 1 bit,just  look forward to it getting back to normal "the big 6"going through the motions year after year, nufc content with bottom half finnishes and the pathetic journalists happy for the circus which is nufc to be just that,rehashing the same drivel over fakeovers time and time again :dave:

im actually looking forward to the live games without crowds, i had no interest 3 weeks ago but fk me i need it now

6 Days ago.

Seek help.

Guest godzilla

There you go.  No surprise, no drama, no slander :)

At the moment, let's see what Staveley does in the future  ;)

Guest godzilla

That was a canny witless thing to do like :lol:  Might get thrown out for prejudice now

You're not kidding  :lol:

That was a canny witless thing to do like :lol:  Might get thrown out for prejudice now

Anything visible in a screenshot is unlikely to prejudice the case.  First of all it's not a jury situation and secondly there is no real details visible (i.e. you can't see anything more than the people involved and the room they are in).  The journalist may be slapped with a contempt charge.

Overall, whilst I thought Staveley did well yesterday (given she was in a cross examination situation) I think she's doing better today.  She seems to have got a feel for the room, the judge, and the QC's style and is now better able to read the tone of things and the direction things are going - meaning she likely feels more in control of the situation and consequently is feeling more confident in her presentation.  Where it is the QC's job to attempt to undermine the court's opinion of Staveley's case I don't think he's doing a particularly good job.  Staveley appears to have reasonable answers to all questions, reasonable explanations for all pursued details, and a consistency to her evidence that likely plays well in the eyes of the court.

An interesting lesson I am learning from this is that for future court room scenarios I may be involved in I am going to seek video footage of my opposing legal team.  There is much that can be learned and prepared for in watching a lawyer's courtroom mannerisms and style to assist the witness (much in the same way that a professional sports person will watch footage to learn weaknesses).