Ryan Fraser (now playing for Southampton)

Chapo

He ran his contract down at Bournemouth so they couldn't get a sell on fee for him and he himself benefited from a hefty sign on fee when he was signed by us - unless I'm mistaken of course

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

He ran his contract down at Bournemouth so they couldn't get a sell on fee for him and he himself benefited from a hefty sign on fee when he was signed by us - unless I'm mistaken of course

We don't know the amount and most players get signing on fees these days.

Regardless, he is far from being one of the worst pound for pound signings. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not all of them, if he actually wants to play football this season then he can’t demand whatever he wants.

Club will loan him out again for peanuts, they won't let him stay here and corrupt the team. He'll get himself in the shop window and get a nice final big contract on a free transfer next season.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

He helped keep us up, so he cant be one of the worst.

I still think he is better than Miggy tbh.

Better than Miggy? Have a fucking word man

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not all of them, if he actually wants to play football this season then he can’t demand whatever he wants.

He's obviously not that bothered about playing football. I'm sure he'd prefer to, but for him it might not be the most important thing.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/ryan-fraser-southampton-transfer-hopes-29740921

This makes no sense to me...

Saints boss Martin has made it clear he wants to re-sign the player who scored eight goals and provided three assists last season. But speaking today, the ex-Rangers defender hinted he might have to turn his attentions elsewhere with no agreement in sight.

"I am not sure that will happen", he told talkSPORT. "That’s down to Newcastle. He did brilliantly for us last season, and I love him as a person and a player. He was really popular with the dressing room, fans and staff, but we are nowhere near a deal for Ryan. The longer it goes on, it looks increasingly unlikely."

..are we seriously asking for a fee for him?

1 minute ago, duo said:

Do what needs to be done to get him off the books - surely it's the only deal in town for him

Free transfer and no pay off or a nominal fee to pay the difference between wages. Seems simple but appears Fraser wants to have his Red Velvet and eat it.

The only deal in town at this point is to get some money as part of a loan deal and then snap his legs on the last day of the season before he signs on with a new team 

If I was Southampton I wouldn't sign him. Those numbers in the Championship, plus his past record in the Prem, plus his age, plus issues around his attitude would all tell me to appreciate what he did to get them up and then move on as I can't see him being an impactful player in the Prem for them. Naturally to assuage your supporters who will hold some appreciation to him you say things like that you'd like to sign him.

I think we've a much better chance shipping him off to an aspirational Championship club.

12 minutes ago, duo said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/ryan-fraser-southampton-transfer-hopes-29740921

This makes no sense to me...

..are we seriously asking for a fee for him?

They do realise players cost money in the Premier right? I mean Fraser's goals obviously played a part in getting the tight cunts promoted, you would think that would cover any nominal fee.

3 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

If I was Southampton I wouldn't sign him. Those numbers in the Championship, plus his past record in the Prem, plus his age, plus issues around his attitude would all tell me to appreciate what he did to get them up and then move on as I can't see him being an impactful player in the Prem for them. Naturally to assuage your supporters who will hold some appreciation to him you say things like that you'd like to sign him.

I think we've a much better chance shipping him off to an aspirational Championship club.

2-3 year deal, squad player this season, help them come back up.when they get relegated 

Why do people think it’s just us man? He had issues with Scotland, he acted the cunt at Bournemouth. He got given a second chance by Howe and fucked it up again. The lad’s a weasel