Callum Wilson

Strawberry

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

15 mill is cloud cuckoo land imo. On top of all the other reasons why you wouldn't spend real money on him, he's only got a year left on his contract as of this summer. If he's going, then the best we can hope for is a loan and a fond farewell at the end of next season. I think we'll end up just keeping him tbh. 

I think you might be right but I still think they’ll bring in another striker. No way they can do into next season with the same situation as this season. 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

You've just described Minteh there.

I love Minteh. Had no clue he could be played at striker though. Would be interested to see what we do with him this summer 

Edited by Sufi

1 hour ago, Sufi said:

I love Minteh. Had no clue he could be played at striker though. Would be interested to see what we do with him this summer 

I was at PSV v Feyenoord last month nad he played partly as a striker and then when they switched things around a bit he played over on the right. He scored as well that day.

Just when you finally get over him and get ready to see him get his taxi back south, he turns in a performance like he's still a 25 year old hitman. Bastard.

Wanted to take the penalty. Was a minor argument about it with Longstaff grabbing the ball away from him :lol: 

How many times has he come back to prove most of his critics wrong? Top performance Callum! 

Delighted he's got the second place spot on the all time list. Would love him to hit 50 PL goals for us before the season is out.

Good game today.

About the penalty... He's competitive... Which is why I don't think he will ever be happy to be third, maybe even second choice when fit.

Just now, CPL said:

How many times has he come back to prove most of his critics wrong? Top performance Callum! 

Most don’t doubt his quality as a finisher it’s about him staying fit. 

Don't think anybody's doubted his ability and what he produces when he plays, its only ever been whether you can carry someone who only plays half the time

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

Good game today.

About the penalty... He's competitive... Which is why I don't think he will ever be happy to be third, maybe even second choice when fit.

It’s not really second choice for us as isak also has injuries and needs resting. Wilson has had 18 games this season and at his age with his injury record I reckon he’ll be good with this.

Just don't like how quickly people dismiss him and want to sell him in the summer. I know it's football but for me he still has a role to play even from the bench. 

Just now, CPL said:

Just don't like how quickly people dismiss him and want to sell him in the summer. I know it's football but for me he still has a role to play even from the bench. 

Agreed - people who can put the ball in the net week in week out when available at this level aren’t easy to find and we have two of the bastards. Let’s just enjoy

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

It’s not really second choice for us as isak also has injuries and needs resting. Wilson has had 18 games this season and at his age with his injury record I reckon he’ll be good with this.

Yes I certainly hope he will. A fantastic player to have available. Still one of the best finishers in the league I think.

11 minutes ago, Donut said:

Good game today.

I think that’s why he’ll ultimately go, well and his fitness record. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TRon said:

Just when you finally get over him and get ready to see him get his taxi back south, he turns in a performance like he's still a 25 year old hitman. Bastard.

This guy allways somehow allways comes back sharp, it makes no sense when you consider that he is so limited in terms of training throught each season.. Every time he's back, it looks like he has been fit all along, until he gets injured again.. Then he comes back again like nothing happened.

Edited by Erikse

18 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think that’s why he’ll ultimately go, well and his fitness record. 

If we sell him in the summer and get good money for him, it will be good business, let's be honest. But even if we don't and he plays his final season, it's not exactly heart breaking is it? We'll still have two of the best strikers in the league in our team. Can't really lose with this one.

Just now, TRon said:

If we sell him in the summer and get good money for him, it will be good business, let's be honest. But even if we don't and he plays his final season, it's not exactly heart breaking is it? We'll still have two of the best strikers in the league in our team. Can't really lose with this one.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Do we think he catches Shearer? 

Well he is younger and training...

Oh you meant scoring, not a race!

No chance then! 🤣

Out of weariness and frustration at his total unreliability, I'd all but stopped considering him a meaningful member of the squad. But fucking hell, he's some boy, like. Always straight back to business when he comes in from the cold. 

I do think he'll be here next season and providing we can get another option for CF, he should hopefully continue to be a decent option. Theoretically with less expectation he'll keep himself fitter.

It will be very interesting to see what we get for him IF he goes to Saudi Arabia in the summer as it would be very difficult to assess his FMV transfer fee.