Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

I agree they're bent as fuck, I just thought they might've been spiteful enough a la "We helped you out re not letting any one else in the league with $$$ and you repay us with this".

There might be plenty of dirt on PL officials as well so you can well imagine they would prefer to let the whole thing die quietly. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

These are the same PL officials who seemed to be taking instruction from some of these same clubs when it came to opposing our takeover. I might be shooting in the dark here, but they come across as a bit bent to start with. The Big Six seem to have been calling the shots for a while now, so not really that surprised that we haven't heard a peep so far about punitive action. I can't say I'm holding my breath either. 

Definitely agree.  The PL has to come under some intense government scrutiny as well.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

There might be plenty of dirt on PL officials as well so you can well imagine they would prefer to let the whole thing die quietly. 

Let us back in or we will leak details of why you stopped the NUFC takeover ?

24 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

From the sky website:

'PLAYERS HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO TERMINATE CONTRACTS'

Players at the 'Big 6' Premier League clubs have a strong legal case for immediately terminating their contract because their employer signed up to the “illegal” European Super League, according to a top UK sports lawyer.

Sean Jones QC, an arbitrator and barrister from 11KBW law firm in London, says that all players’ contracts dictate that their club must stick to FA and Premier League rules, otherwise the club has committed a “repudiatory breach of contract”, and those players could walk away and look for another club.

He also says clause 11.1 of UEFA rules allows players to terminate their contract if there is a material breach of terms which, it could be argued, is the case here.

Jones was speaking on a special webinar organised by Law In Sport to discuss the legal ramifications of the Super League.

He goes on to say that Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are in clear breach of the Premier League rule L9, which says no club can enter another competition without the written permission of the Premier League Board. 

Someone fwd this to Harry Kane.

52 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just turned on SSN. There not a single whiff of something game changing had hapened in the past day or so.

Normal graphics, normal news. Yep, nothing happened. Move along. We're still rich and so are the Big Six. Pathetic.

Wonder if they still want to call them that. It was Sky who came up with that term for those teams.

:clap2:The next Monday night football will be interesting or if Jake has a live game on tv  

47 minutes ago, cookidge said:

Kaveh Solhekol changed his tune really fast - he was acting like the harbinger of doom last night and loving it, now he's back to licking boots, sad little cunt.

He’s banging on now about don’t blame or punish the clubs, the players, the staff or chief executives as its the owners fault. Funny as I didn’t see John Henry or Daniel Levy listed as joining the Super League, it was Liverpool & Spurs. Separation when it suits them. Cunts.

He goes on to say that Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are in clear breach of the Premier League rule L9, which says no club can enter another competition without the written permission of the Premier League Board. 

There we have it, they have to be punished then?

I kna they still wont be like but..

The lack of punishment is gonna make me angrier than the proposed plan itself.

The total injustice man, fuck right off you cunts.

All these owner cunts apologising to THEIR OWN fans only can fuck right off and all. Not that it matters, but where are the apologies to the rest of the league and the football league for trying to lock them out and thinking they are bigger and better than everyone else?

Oh yeah, they still think they are all that matters, which is blatantly fucking obvious from all these statements. Haven't learnt a bloody thing. 

Just now, Nobody said:

All these owner cunts apologising to THEIR OWN fans only can fuck right off and all. Not that it matters, but where are the apologies to the rest of the league and the football league for trying to lock them out and thinking they are bigger and better than everyone else?

Oh yeah, they still think they are all that matters, which is blatantly fucking obvious from all these statements. Haven't learnt a bloody thing. 

Turned off sky sports news as I got bored of waiting for this to be raised but na. Nothing to see here.

Just now, toontownman said:

And I Simon Jordan will set it up and operate it as the savior of football.

Aye, don't get me wrong I'm not saying I like the bloke and most of the time his views are the polar opposite of mine but IMO he makes a good point here.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye, don't get me wrong I'm not saying I like the bloke and most of the time his views are the polar opposite of mine but IMO he makes a good point here.

Yep. It is nice to see some of the usual cretins have some moral compass. Albeit coming out only when they are potentially losing out on something.

Guest HTT II
18 minutes ago, Ben said:

Slight problem with that, who provides the crew to make live games happen, the editing teams, the infrastructure to broadcast live games and highlights of games at grounds up and down the country, which Sky, BT et al do? That is an enormous cost and not something say the PL and it’s clubs could just put in place easily overnight!

Edited by HTT II

Imagine the Midlands clubs decided they had enough and wanted to start their own "King of the Midlands league" with games being mid week. The big 6 would send them down to the absolute bottom of the pyramid, and masters would be leading the charge. 

The American sports have online platforms but they’re just using the feed from the traditional TV broadcasters. They don’t seem to have one monolithic broadcast like we do though, the state and cities have their own.

It is amazing to be able to buy one pass for the whole league though, and obviously the quality of the app and service is much better than anything we have here. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo