Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Nice bit of Spanish covert racism there 

Ive been to Spain loads of times with my wife and kids, and I’ve never encountered racism and genuinely find the Spanish to be no less or no more racist than anyone else, but I think in football terms, when it comes to football, they have some warped notion of their national football identity being associated with being Spanish or of Spanish origin and anyone especially if black, doesn’t quite belong. Really weird! 

Guest neesy111
Just now, HTT II said:

Ive been to Spain loads of times with my wife and kids, and I’ve never encountered racism and genuinely find the Spanish to be no less or no more racist than anyone else, but I think in football terms, when it comes to football, they have some warped notion of their national football identity being associated with being Spanish or of Spanish origin and anyone especially if black, doesn’t quite belong. Really weird! 

They are a racist society.

Just now, neesy111 said:

They are a racist society.

You’ve lived there so you will know more than me, I personally wouldn’t say they are racist per se as a society, just very conscious that you are only Spanish or can be if you’re Spanish ‘looking’ if that makes sense, and black people in particular, can’t be because they are black and not Spanish looking. That’s kind of racist in terms of the mindset, but I honestly don’t think they hate black people or foreigners or anyone any more or less than anyone else really. Again it’s weird and captured mostly when it comes to Spanish football. I’ve been to Spain what 6 times or more with my wife and kids, and again never experienced any racism or the natives looking down on someone who isn’t Spanish/is black or whatever. I think Italy is similar. I love Germany, but I find that a far more racist country/people than say Spain. They do have their racist issues and problems though, but so do England and pretty much every country and as ever the bad in people is often highlighted the most at its worse when football enters the equation, see the Euro final at Wembley and how Rashford and co were treated and on a lesser level, idiots waving Saudi flags at SJP!

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Great to see Ajax flying again

Always the sign of a very good manager at a smartly run club when the best players leave they look immediately worse and the club regrows successfully without them.

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Always the sign of a very good manager at a smartly run club when the best players leave they look immediately worse and the club regrows successfully without them.

Aye. Don't like saying it as its the same as when commentators are touting players at smaller clubs to move to bigger clubs but Barca should really go for him in the summer