Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

We played sheff utd last year and on both occasions they were shit. Fulham are one injury away from playing aboubakar kamara and Bobby Reid up top

Just a matter of time man. We'll see.

These two are producing multiple chances like we rarely see from Newcastle, but perhaps once every what 5 games maybe? Against League 1 teams?

Guest Cheesy Beans

A foul should only be a foul if the action is enough to actually impede someone.

These pathetic fouls given where a player feels contact and throws them self to the floor, then we wait as VAR slows it down to the nth degree to find any sort of contact in order to deem it a penalty is just total bollocks.

It’s diving and needs to fuck off but as predicted before VAR came in, VAR is to be used to find any sort of contact they can to justify a shit decision.

The game was much better without VAR, I’m not even convinced we had more controversial decisions before VAR. But it’s never going to fuck off now sadly. Football decisions are not always black and white like goal line technology which is why any sane person could work out VAR is a piece of shit.

:lol: Was the Sheff U player going to score without Mitro's "foul"? It's just f***ing stupid and Marriner should be fined for his incompetency.

Didn't realise you had to be about to score for there to be a foul

That was really soft mind

:lol: Was the Sheff U player going to score without Mitro's "foul"? It's just f***ing stupid and Marriner should be fined for his incompetency.

Didn't realise you had to be about to score for there to be a foul

That was really soft mind

You don't but it's just common sense. For some reason the Sheff U player decided to boot it up to the sky before the contact and the situation was over. Penalties are huge decisions in football and in no way Mitro catching his foot in that spot warrants a fucking penalty.

A combination of our takeover collapsing, the PL "big picture" attempted coup and VARs absolute misuse has made me really wonder whether I have time for this game.

Liverpool's offside yesterday was horrible and I cant stand Liverpool.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Yeah, hard to blame VAR as a system when it's the idiots still making the decisions.

Football is too subjective to ever let VAR work. Doesn’t matter who operates it, you’ll always get different viewpoints and decisions that are deemed wrong, so why not just let one man on the field do it and get the same number of controversies? Why hold the game up, slow it down and draw lines?

VAR has never been good

I think it could work if the on field ref is given say 20 seconds to decide if someone is offside. No "lines" on screen. As for pens, god knows.

We have had one pen against Spurs go our way, which by the letter of the law was correct but absolutely absurd.

Then we had one go against us yesterday which to me idiotic but at best it was soft.

Let us start hearing the refs too. Let us know how they make their decisions.