Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Yeah, hard to blame VAR as a system when it's the idiots still making the decisions.

Football is too subjective to ever let VAR work. Doesn’t matter who operates it, you’ll always get different viewpoints and decisions that are deemed wrong, so why not just let one man on the field do it and get the same number of controversies? Why hold the game up, slow it down and draw lines?

I was always Pro VAR but I just dont think the public has the appetite anymore.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Yeah, hard to blame VAR as a system when it's the idiots still making the decisions.

Football is too subjective to ever let VAR work. Doesn’t matter who operates it, you’ll always get different viewpoints and decisions that are deemed wrong, so why not just let one man on the field do it and get the same number of controversies? Why hold the game up, slow it down and draw lines?

I was always Pro VAR but I just dont think the public has the appetite anymore.

If it was a hawk-eye type system for offsides only, I could just about get behind it (providing it is accurate, which it’s not as the technology isn’t there yet).

Trying to judge fouls, cards etc retrospectively will never work.

I love them drawing these mm lines and judging a player offside by an armpit hair when they can’t even conclusively get the right frame of where the ball was first touched. Nobody ever looks. at the ball being played in such detail though, which is a key part of offside :lol:

Sky sports thinking that's a pen.  :mackems:

I have started watching the kick off, with True Geordie and a few other fans. Whether you like them or not, doesnt matter because they spend the time chatting about the game and debating issues, often getting quite heated.

For example, yesterday they tore apart Harry Maguire's form

and Project Big Picture (this is fans of Liverpool, Chelsea etc.). It was miles away from SS propaganda and quite heartening to listen too.

I hope that these shows are the future. Fans talking about the game, instead of ex pros and journalists who have their own self interests.

Sick of puppets nodding along to whatever they think there bosses want them to say.

For example, looking at SSN this morning, you would not know that NUFC fans had donated 16k to a food bank in protest against the 15 quid box office price of the game.

Guest Cheesy Beans

One for the super nerds (joeyt?)... Has a team ever failed to have a single shot from open play in the PL before?