Diego Armando Maradona - 1960-2020

Nobody

Guest neesy111

Personally, I'd blame the officials more than Maradona.  Instant sackable offence for the referee and linesman to both miss it.

Just about every player cheats now in someway, just this was the most blatant of the lot and in a time when it wasn't common.

Personally, I'd blame the officials more than Maradona.  Instant sackable offence for the referee and linesman to both miss it.

Just about every player cheats now in someway, just this was the most blatant of the lot and in a time when it wasn't common.

Agree and Shilton shouldn’t be losing that ball anyway. Yeah he cheated but come on

I don’t get that bit, like. He’s already jumped to punch knowing it’s out of Maradona’s reach to make the header, and he’s stuck his hand up and punched it in. :lol:

I also blame the officials for missing it, but never got the view that Shilton should have made the punch.

Really enjoyed this

Yeah, that's class.

I think for us lot who have only ever known football from the mid-90s onwards, it's really difficult to imagine how terrible the pitches were (I know SJP saw some shockers); I doubt the footage does it justice. Then when you see the nature of the challenges (or assaults :lol: ) that were thrown his way time and time again it makes you appreciate his achievements even more.

Guest neesy111

He got some stick unnecessarily yesterday when he ended his Tweet with he’s in the hands of God now.

Didn't most newspapers put that on their frontpages today?

Gone off Lineker recently mind.

How come?

The other day he basically implied that those who used to play football like Southgate, knew better than fans. Painted fans as thick and had secondary opinions to ex pros. Which is one of mine main gripes of modern football. Fans IMO are the lifeblood of the game and are often much more in tune with reality.

He was also once putting down parents who watch their kids and want their kids to succeed in the game (whether likely or not), which annoyed me. Most great footballers probably had a parent pushing them to get better and better. It doesnt mean they dont love their kids FFS.

Just gripes of mine with him. None of the above is fact by the way, it was just the way he was coming off. Which disappointed me.

Gone off Lineker recently mind.

How come?

The other day he basically implied that those who used to play football like Southgate, knew better than fans. Painted fans as thick and had secondary opinions to ex pros. Which is one of mine main gripes of modern football. Fans IMO are the lifeblood of the game and are often much more in tune with reality.

He was also once putting down parents who watch their kids and want their kids to succeed in the game (whether likely or not), which annoyed me. Most great footballers probably had a parent pushing them to get better and better. It doesnt mean they dont love their kids FFS.

Just gripes of mine with him. None of the above is fact by the way, it was just the way he was coming off. Which disappointed me.

I'd be pretty sure the majority of footballers think that fans know absolutely nothing about football.

Kolarov said this last year, "The fans have a right to be annoyed, we respect that, but they must be conscious of the fact they know nothing about football." :lol:

Which sums up why there are so many dinosaurs managing in the game.

There will be loads of educated coaches sitting in the stands, baffled by what people like Bruce are doing but it's ok because here is Jermaine Jenas with some more startling analysis.