Diego Armando Maradona - 1960-2020

Nobody

One less druggy idol for the kids to look up to.

Great player, but fuck him.

:'(

He speaks more of Everyman’s struggle then most, cheat, druggy, he epitomised the struggle of man. Shame on you man. You could be describing people on here man with similar experiences, who we all love and care for,  :(

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about if I'm honest :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Just he was a troubled soul and whatever his faults and whatever, he was more human in a world of sport than most and gave to the world something special. Wasn't having a go btw just this hit me harder than I thought it would :(

It's okay to disagree with someone.

I just don't have time for people like him. He had such a platform to do good in the world (maybe he did, I dunno) and all I and a lot of others remember him for is being one of the GOAT's and a massive coke head. Bloke made it look like it was okay and a bit of a laugh to do copious amounts of drugs. I'm not good with that.

That stunt at the last WC where he was off his tits doing Undertaker eyes staring into the sky, man. It's not good for kids to see that sort of thing in my opinion.

My first impression and introduction to Maradona was World 94 and that celebration. Everyone talking about him being on drugs and not being as good as he was, but still being pretty good.  :lol:

Bit random maybe but I've had this quote from Bill Burr written down for ages that he uttered on one of his podcasts when talking about Maradona and trying to remember his name. It was just so funny and perfect:

" The Hand of God guy, that guy. Diego.

One of those names, the second they gave him his name, like pussy is going to be raining down on this guy.

It was weird, he was in shape but he also looked fat.

Diego Aregamo ?"

The maradona documentary is on more 4 at 1:30am if anyone is interested

Surely could have postponed Come Dine with Me or whatever and put it on at a decent time :lol:

Haha aye. I’ve set it to record anyway

I watched Maradona in Mexico on Netflix this summer, follows his short spell as manager of a mediocre Mexican team - worth a watch.

Watching this now...I didn’t realize how bad off he really was. Guy can barely string together a coherent sentence.

I watched Maradona in Mexico on Netflix this summer, follows his short spell as manager of a mediocre Mexican team - worth a watch.

Watching this now...I didn’t realize how bad off he really was. Guy can barely string together a coherent sentence.

Was still employed as a manager until his passing in the Argentine top flight too.