Roeder IS the right man for THIS Newcastle United

Guest Knightrider

Roeder said something negative about the academy when taking over as manager, something along the lines of not having anybody who would come through and play for the first team, or words to that effect.

As for him stopping wasting fortunes on signing unresearched players, I doubt he did much research into the players we brought in during the last transfer window, three of them seemed to be last minute panics. Duff didn't require researching, Martins, I don't know, I'm not sure how much or how little Roeder knew about him.

When he did spend time researching he had the player nicked from his grasp by Liverpool while he was still scouting him. That's the only time I can think of Roeder spending time looking at a player unless he was following Man U, Man City and Rangers reserves. Of course he could have spent all of his free time watching youtube videos as long as it wasn't World Cup action as he said he wouldn't be watching players at the World Cup, again, or words to that effect.

"I doubt he did much research into the players we brought in during the last transfer window"

You doubt but you don't know and neither do I. Most of what you have said about Roeder is based on heresay not fact. For example, there were rumours that Martins wasn't Roeder's first choice. There were also rumours that Martins was Shepherd's choice. Roeder has said Martins was his first choice. Who do we believe? 99% of what the media say is going to happen with transfers never happen. We only know for sure about the transfers that happened. We have no idea who else we were really after. Players could have been turned down due to what the research turned up. Just because the media say the manager is watching a certain player it doesn't mean for a fact they were. They could have been watching someone else.

I think that's a great post, there. It's a joke that I also think it's far too sensible for some around here.

Admittedly a lot of the positive changes have been forced on Roeder and indeed it will be interesting to see how we fare with all our so-called big players back, but Roeder is charged with sending that team out to win games and he can't be faulted on that front. Given our young and inexperienced back-four with two players playing out of position, the unbalanced midfield and the mismatched strikeforce, to pick up results with that team, shows a lot of good where Roeder is concerned. Under Souness after a few bad results the team would capitualte further but Roeder has galvanised the team, instilled confidence and gotten the very best out of what is available to him, not only as a team but individually too.

In the process he has shown a huge degree of motivational skills, organisational skills and intelligence - key attributes needed to manage well. Things I questioned him for. Of course he has a few flaws and lets not forget some of the awful performances and results nor Roeder's own failings but when it comes to working well with what you have, Roeder is proving quite adept at it and that bodes well for him and us as a team.

I'm impressed with the level of confidence, spirit and leadership the youngsters take to the field with - that can only come from the manager. I'm impressed with the togetherness in the camp - again that can only come from the manager. I'm impressed with the improvements in Butt, Parker, Martins and others. I'm impressed with our mini run which has came unexpectedly and on the back of a injury nightmare that lets be honest here, not many could cope with/

Therefore I think he not only deserves credit but also some slack. I've seen every team this season and we are as strong as any outside of the top 5 teams who currently sit in 1-to-5th. Roeder is also on a par with any manager outside of those managing the top 5 placed teams so you would think he could build a team capable of finishing in the top 6 for a number of seasons and that is more than good enough for us at this present time of transition, rebuilding and uncertainty (takeover etc.).

Of course if we could get in a better manager we should take that option but it isn't as easy as that and for once, I think we should be patient and less demanding/expectant of the club until we have the players, experience and skills to get back to the level we once were under SBR. In order to get there someone has to make the changes to make that happen and that will take time and aye, some falls.

In short, as the title of the thread says... Roeder is the best man for that job, for this NUFC - a broken club looking to recover from a good few years of mismanagement.

IMO.

It's a problem that he has his favourites and will select them regardless, no matter how average they are, how much they unbalance the team (Parker), or simply how shite they are.

I echo the sentiments from someone on the 1st page of this topic, I was quick enough to jump on Roeder when things were going pear shaped, but now that we are doing ok he deserves some credit.

This transfer window will be a big challenge for him, because the knives will be out quickly if he cocks this one up like he did last summer. We need to move quickly and I would like to think targets and the clubs have been sounded out early. When it comes to sales, I think we should only sell when someone is bought, for example Bramble, he has been linked with Fulham, only sell when/if we get another defender in. We have a threadbare squad, therefore cannot afford to sell players without replacements, with the exeption of Luque who I think we have more than enough cover for, then again we would be woefully short as Rossi is leaving as well, so no the same applies to Luque, 1 in 1 out!

Come on Glenn keep this up and make the correct decisions this transfer window.

Aye, well he shouldn't be judged too harshly on this one transfer window because the January window is pretty difficult for everyone. No club wants to lose their best players.

Guest Knightrider

Knightrider, question.

Just so i know i'm on the right or wrong end of the stick... is your post, in a nutshell saying:

"I like Roeder, he's a decent manager who will get us in a decent position, for someone to then take over and take us to the next level."

Is that what you're saying? Because if that's what you're saying, i'm inclined to agree. Wholeheartedly.

Kind of, aye.

I think he has demonstrated since he took over as caretaker initially and now as manager that he is capable of stabilising the club, blooding youngsters through and getting us up to a level the club has to be operating at - top 6/UEFA football. Our form overall has been of top 6 stuff since Souness got the boot.

Obviously this season has been a big disappointment and long-term Roeder is not the man to take us to the holy grail of winning top honours and competing in the Champions League year in year out, but in the meantime he is doing a good enough job and a job fitting the requirements; i.e. recovering from the mismanagement of Souness and his appointment.

I underestimated the job in hand this season and indeed Roeder himself, as a result I'm comfortable accepting this season as a tough one for the club and have dully lowered my expectations to suit. I'll be happy with another back-door European entry and of course, I'd be delighted with a trophy be that the UEFA or FA Cup.

Roeder's job was always going to be a tough one and getting back to the level we were at under SBR was always going to take time and patience, regardless of who sat in the hot seat.

I think if we stick with Roeder we'll reap the rewards (long-term) in a number of ways not necessarily determined by league placings or points tallies.

Of course if we are in danger of going down or unfulfiling our top 6/UEFA football demands then we may have to take action and should a top-class manager become available and show a willingness to take the job, then we would have no choice but to dispense with Roeder but I can't see that happening, can you? Not in our current climate anyway.

Again, there is no reason why we can't - under Roeder - challenge for a top 6 finish (maybe not this season) given the overall landscape of the Premiership outside of the top 5 placed teams and for all his faults, I don't think the likes of Hughes, Moyes, Jol et al are in a different league to him.

If Roeder can get this upcomi9ng transfer window right and we finish the season strongly, he'll have done a very very good job in the circumstances.

That's how I look at it all anyway....

We're 11th in the League and scraping results against the likes of Watford at home tbh.  You'll not see me fawning over Roeder any time soon.  Long way to go to prove that we've turned any sort of corner.

Well said.

I understand the need for patience and realism but if we aim low we will not get anywhere. People overrating the likes of Moore and Ramage, people chuffed to bits scraping last-minute home wins against Watford and Reading, they are the ones who need a reality check in my view. If we want to climb the table we have to raise the bar. Other teams aren't going to sit around and wait for us. Bolton and Portsmouth are right up there challenging for the Champions League with very average squads, they're aiming high and deserve to be up there. Bolton and Portsmouth for christ sake. We should be taking a look at ourselves and saying that's where we ought to be. Not in two years or five years but this season. And here we are talking about the top half of the table like it's a dream.

I have never seen the kind of knee-jerk reactions that we have witnessed this season. We win a couple of games with three academy lads and suddenly there are people out there who would rather see Edgar in the team than Babayaro. Totally over the top.

Right now I think we're a club with an identity crisis. We have the finances to challenge top 6 comfortably but much of it was blown on a few players who haven't contributed (Boumsong, Luque, Owen). We've gone from 5th to 14th to 7th and now nobody knows where we stand in the Premiership's short-term future. My view is that outside the top four it is all there for the taking and all this talk of patience is just preparing for failure IMO.

Roeder has made the best of a bad situation in my eyes. But he must take some responsibility for the bad situation in the first place. To steal a quote from nufc.com, it is an absolute joke that we have to watch 4 academy centre-backs protecting a keeper old enough to be their dad. You couldn't make it up. It's a testament to our catastrophic failure in the transfer market.

However much involvement Freddy had, I find it incredible that some people try to completely absolve the manager from any blame for what happened in August. I have never seen a club so ill prepared for a transfer window, even by Newcastle United's standards it was shocking.

Guest Knightrider

Admittedly a lot of the positive changes have been forced on Roeder and indeed it will be interesting to see how we fare with all our so-called big players back, but Roeder is charged with sending that team out to win games and he can't be faulted on that front. Given our young and inexperienced back-four with two players playing out of position, the unbalanced midfield and the mismatched strikeforce, to pick up results with that team, shows a lot of good where Roeder is concerned. Under Souness after a few bad results the team would capitualte further but Roeder has galvanised the team, instilled confidence and gotten the very best out of what is available to him, not only as a team but individually too.

In the process he has shown a huge degree of motivational skills, organisational skills and intelligence - key attributes needed to manage well. Things I questioned him for. Of course he has a few flaws and lets not forget some of the awful performances and results nor Roeder's own failings but when it comes to working well with what you have, Roeder is proving quite adept at it and that bodes well for him and us as a team.

I'm impressed with the level of confidence, spirit and leadership the youngsters take to the field with - that can only come from the manager. I'm impressed with the togetherness in the camp - again that can only come from the manager. I'm impressed with the improvements in Butt, Parker, Martins and others. I'm impressed with our mini run which has came unexpectedly and on the back of a injury nightmare that lets be honest here, not many could cope with/

Therefore I think he not only deserves credit but also some slack. I've seen every team this season and we are as strong as any outside of the top 5 teams who currently sit in 1-to-5th. Roeder is also on a par with any manager outside of those managing the top 5 placed teams so you would think he could build a team capable of finishing in the top 6 for a number of seasons and that is more than good enough for us at this present time of transition, rebuilding and uncertainty (takeover etc.).

Of course if we could get in a better manager we should take that option but it isn't as easy as that and for once, I think we should be patient and less demanding/expectant of the club until we have the players, experience and skills to get back to the level we once were under SBR. In order to get there someone has to make the changes to make that happen and that will take time and aye, some falls.

In short, as the title of the thread says... Roeder is the best man for that job, for this NUFC - a broken club looking to recover from a good few years of mismanagement.

IMO.

It's a problem that he has his favourites and will select them regardless, no matter how average they are and much they unbalance the team (Parker), or simply how shite the are.

Depends how you look at it, though. I for one would always select Parker if fit and available. Also, all managers have their favourites. SBR had his - Jenas, Dyer et al - yet he brought results and performances from the team, and Roeder will have to do the same, in spite of his favourites and so on.

We aren't the only unbalanced side in the league, in fact, I'd say most teams are unbalanced in one way or onother and could, conceivably select a better XI on paper, but it isn't down to individuals, but the team and good teams can compensate for weaker players, round pegs in square holes etc. etc. - again SBR did, and to great effect.

I'm not too worried about Roeder selecting a few of his faves, he will have his reasons and lets face it, we as fans all have our ideal team WE would play and consider the best side equipped to win games, but it isn't as easy as that.

For every reason someone could give for not playing Parker (for example), I could come up with reasons to play him and vice versa, right throughout the list of players.

the conclusion being that they changed their target ? Or kuyt preferred Liverpool ? So what ? Duff preferred Newcastle. Thickmick will tell you that when we had a board just the same as this one, we had a locally born England player on our books who left newcastle for Liverpool ....... and a left back too for good measure

:lol: :lol: :lol:

loveitifwebeatu has spelled out how transfers are conducted and how the market works in the real world.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

The conclusion being that Martins wasn't first choice, Kuyt was.

Roeder dithered for so long he missed the person that he chased from April and was still scouting in August when he eventually signed for Liverpool.

As for Duff preferring Newcastle, so far that one hasn't gone in our favour, the fact that you are quite happy to have him here because of the way he played at Blackburn is laughable.  It's a pity you didn't allow all of our incoming transfers the same amount of slack while adjusting at a new club, in some instances a new country.

Guest Knightrider

We're 11th in the League and scraping results against the likes of Watford at home tbh.  You'll not see me fawning over Roeder any time soon.  Long way to go to prove that we've turned any sort of corner.

Well said.

I understand the need for patience and realism but if we aim low we will not get anywhere. People overrating the likes of Moore and Ramage, people chuffed to bits scraping last-minute home wins against Watford and Reading, they are the ones who need a reality check in my view. If we want to climb the table we have to raise the bar. Other teams aren't going to sit around and wait for us. Bolton and Portsmouth are right up there challenging for the Champions League with very average squads, they're aiming high and deserve to be up there. Bolton and Portsmouth for christ sake. And here we are talking about the top half of the table like it's a dream.

Roeder has made the best of a bad situation in my eyes. But he must take some responsibility for the bad situation in the first place. To steal a quote from nufc.com, it is an absolute joke that we have to watch 4 academy centre-backs protecting a keeper old enough to be their dad. You couldn't make it up. It's a testament to our catastrophic failure in the transfer market.

However much involvement Freddy had, I find it incredible that some people try to completely absolve the manager from any blame for what happened in August.

Its a two edged thing though Ohmelads. Of course in an ideal world we shouldn't be relieved to beat the likes of Pompey at home but given all the circumstances, that's just how things have turned out for us. The way I look at it is the team we are sending out is an average one overall and equal to the opposition (or less so) so when we do scrape a win it is a mini-triumph.

Its all about expectations and realism I suppose, some fans expect, nay, demand we beat Spurs comfortably or beat the Champions at home, and given our resources as a club we should be aiming for that, but that's unrealistic in the current climate.

I agree Roeder himself is responsible in a number of ways for this season. He knew we were short of defenders and attackers not to mention quality and his transfer dealings did nowt really to rectify this so that was a big mistake of his and has had a negative impact on our season. But its all about how you deal with that and whether you can learn from your mistakes.

Lets remember Roeder is relatively inexperienced and quite young for a manager in terms of that so he's still learning. If you add up last season and this season together, given our injury problems, off the field problems and so on, you can't deny he's doing a good job and getting the best out of what he has to work with... and that's all I ask from him, really.

Well said.

I understand the need for patience and realism but if we aim low we will not get anywhere. People overrating the likes of Moore and Ramage, people chuffed to bits scraping last-minute home wins against Watford and Reading, they are the ones who need a reality check in my view. If we want to climb the table we have to raise the bar. Other teams aren't going to sit around and wait for us. Bolton and Portsmouth are right up there challenging for the Champions League with very average squads, they're aiming high and deserve to be up there. Bolton and Portsmouth for christ sake. We should be taking a look at ourselves and saying that's where we ought to be. Not in two years or five years but this season. And here we are talking about the top half of the table like it's a dream.

I have never seen the kind of knee-jerk reactions that we have witnessed this season. We win a couple of games with three academy lads and suddenly there are people out there who would rather see Edgar in the team than Babayaro. Totally over the top.

Right now I think we're a club with an identity crisis. We have the finances to challenge top 6 comfortably but much of it was blown on a few players who haven't contributed (Boumsong, Luque, Owen). We've gone from 5th to 14th to 7th and now nobody knows where we stand in the Premiership's short-term future. My view is that outside the top four it is all there for the taking and all this talk of patience is just preparing for failure IMO.

However much involvement Freddy had, I find it incredible that some people try to completely absolve the manager from any blame for what happened in August. I have never seen a club so ill prepared for a transfer window, even by Newcastle United's standards it was shocking.

I agree with most of that, Charlton have 1 point away from home, guess where they amassed that total?  Our ground is the only one they've visited and came away with less than 2 goals against so far this season in the league.  Sheffield United arrived with only 1 away point, they went away from Newcastle with 4, we were terrible and as bad as anything played under souness.

Roeder has done better this season when the team has almost picked itself, when he's had decisions to make he's failed.  It will be interesting when the injured players return and he has to either stick with the ones who have turned our season around, or will he automatically restore the players who failed earlier?

Lets remember Roeder is relatively inexperienced and quite young for a manager in terms of that so he's still learning. If you add up last season and this season together, given our injury problems, off the field problems and so on, you can't deny he's doing a good job and getting the best out of what he has to work with... and that's all I ask from him, really.

Roeder has done a good (not great) job with the squad at his disposal, but I can't agree that that's all I ask of him. It is absolutely vital in today's football that the transfer window is handled well and to begin the season without enough playing staff is just embarrassing for a club of our size.

At the time of signing Duff I thought we had a bargain, and I still think he'll come good for us this season and justify his fee. But knowing now that we only had £15m to spend he must be seen as a trophy signing and a bit of an impulse buy. All fur coat and no knickers. We had N'Zogbia, Milner and dare I say it, Luque to fill in for that position anyway, yet we were crying out for defenders. Roeder sells our most valuable defender and doesn't bring in anyone. Totally disgraceful. You talk about learning lessons but he only had to look back to when Woodgate was sold and not replaced, and the club had to bring in Ronny Johnsen as emergency cover. The writing was on the wall.

I agree it is all about expectations. Bobby built them right up and Souness smashed them. As a club I get the feeling that we are collectively feeling sorry for ourselves. Last season Spurs were denied a place in the top 4 on the last day of the season. The year before Everton, who had just survived relegation, finished 4th. Now Portsmouth and Bolton are rubbing shoulders with Liverpool and Arsenal. Fair play to them (even though I hate Bolton), they have a positive attitude and deserve it. This league is wide open and we have some top quality players on our books. Outside the top four we shouldn't expect to beat everyone but we have every right to feel disappointed when we don't because, whatever anyone says, none are significantly better than us.

Its a two edged thing though Ohmelads. Of course in an ideal world we shouldn't be relieved to beat the likes of Pompey at home but given all the circumstances, that's just how things have turned out for us. The way I look at it is the team we are sending out is an average one overall and equal to the opposition (or less so) so when we do scrape a win it is a mini-triumph.

Its all about expectations and realism I suppose, some fans expect, nay, demand we beat Spurs comfortably or beat the Champions at home, and given our resources as a club we should be aiming for that, but that's unrealistic in the current climate.

I agree Roeder himself is responsible in a number of ways for this season. He knew we were short of defenders and attackers not to mention quality and his transfer dealings did nowt really to rectify this so that was a big mistake of his and has had a negative impact on our season. But its all about how you deal with that and whether you can learn from your mistakes.

I'm not convinced that he's getting the best out of what he's got, at least not over the course of the season so far.  It appears that this only happens when he doesn't have to make a decision and that's damning in my eyes because that tells me that he's a big problem as a manager and his decision making is flawed.

Yes this is the rhyme and the reason.

Not getting any reasonable def in when we had the chance is why we will lose games to the likes of Bolton. One slightly older head would have vastly increased our chances of sneaking the 0-1. You can only really point the finger at Roeder for that, leaving it all till the last 2 days of the transfer window and then blowing it.

Guest Knightrider

Bastard just wrote out a reply to Ohmelads and somehow lost it. Will get back to you Ohmelads because there is much I agree on in your reply to my post and some I don't, as well as stuff I'd like to elaborate on.

Bastard just wrote out a reply to Ohmelads and somehow lost it. Will get back to you Ohmelads because there is much I agree on in your reply to my post and some I don't, as well as stuff I'd like to elaborate on.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Same old excuses, I thought you were investing in a new PC?

Internet run out of letters!

the conclusion being that they changed their target ? Or kuyt preferred Liverpool ? So what ? Duff preferred Newcastle. Thickmick will tell you that when we had a board just the same as this one, we had a locally born England player on our books who left newcastle for Liverpool ....... and a left back too for good measure

loveitifwebeatu has spelled out how transfers are conducted and how the market works in the real world.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

The conclusion being that Martins wasn't first choice, Kuyt was.

Roeder dithered for so long he missed the person that he chased from April and was still scouting in August when he eventually signed for Liverpool.

As for Duff preferring Newcastle, so far that one hasn't gone in our favour, the fact that you are quite happy to have him here because of the way he played at Blackburn is laughable.  It's a pity you didn't allow all of our incoming transfers the same amount of slack while adjusting at a new club, in some instances a new country.

the reality being that most clubs don't get all the players they want as first choice ? Are you really so thick you don't see that  :lol:

Duff preferred Newcastle. End of. He chose Newcastle. Like to tell us about our own best players leaving us for Liverpool and why ? I am pleased you think we should sign players without taking into account how they played at previous clubs [ie premiership clubs]  :lol: :lol: you get funnier all the time.

IMO.

It's a problem that he has his favourites and will select them regardless, no matter how average they are and much they unbalance the team (Parker), or simply how shite the are.

Depends how you look at it, though. I for one would always select Parker if fit and available. Also, all managers have their favourites. SBR had his - Jenas, Dyer et al - yet he brought results and performances from the team, and Roeder will have to do the same, in spite of his favourites and so on.

We aren't the only unbalanced side in the league, in fact, I'd say most teams are unbalanced in one way or onother and could, conceivably select a better XI on paper, but it isn't down to individuals, but the team and good teams can compensate for weaker players, round pegs in square holes etc. etc. - again SBR did, and to great effect.

I'm not too worried about Roeder selecting a few of his faves, he will have his reasons and lets face it, we as fans all have our ideal team WE would play and consider the best side equipped to win games, but it isn't as easy as that.

For every reason someone could give for not playing Parker (for example), I could come up with reasons to play him and vice versa, right throughout the list of players.

That might be so, but Parker actually does nothing that is worth having him in the team for. Imo.

The worst decision by far made by Roeder to date has been making this bloke the team captain. He's committed to selecting him week in, week out and that's the biggest single concern I have over the club right now.

Remember I said the same about Jenas for most of his time at the club before he eventually left and now everyone slags him.

the reality being that most clubs don't get all the players they want as first choice ? Are you really so thick you don't see that  :lol:

Duff preferred Newcastle. End of. He chose Newcastle. Like to tell us about our own best players leaving us for Liverpool and why ? I am pleased you think we should sign players without taking into account how they played at previous clubs [ie premiership clubs]  :lol: :lol: you get funnier all the time.

Reality being that we spent 4 months trying to work out if we wanted Kuyt, during that time, while we dithered, Liverpool made a decision that they did want him and they went for him and got him, in reality a fact, in your head, nobody knows.

As for taking into account how our players played for previous clubs, it's you who seems to have problems with that and certain players, you take it into account with Duff but not with certain others, more hypocrisy on your part.

Reality being that we spent 4 months trying to work out if we wanted Kuyt, during that time, while we dithered, Liverpool made a decision that they did want him and they went for him and got him, in reality a fact, in your head, nobody knows.

As for taking into account how our players played for previous clubs, it's you who seems to have problems with that and certain players, you take it into account with Duff but not with certain others, more hypocrisy on your part.

Reality and understading of life doesn't come easily to you does it. Do you think most clubs don't bother taking their time ... on one hand you say the club should do "research" then you say they took too long to make their minds up .....

:lol: :lol: superbly stupid with the  "damned if they do damned if they don't" stance as usual.

Fact is, Duff has proved himself in the premiership. It took me one look at Luque and I judged him not to be up to it. It isn't my fault if you can't make judgements. What a shame you didn't know before he signed that he wouldn't [so far] play like he did at his previous clubs. Do you now think the club should be bringing in players without looking at how they have performed elsewhere in their careers

Brilliantly stupid again. Keep them coming.

Reality and understading of life doesn't come easily to you does it. Do you think most clubs don't bother taking their time ... on one hand you say the club should do "research" then you say they took too long to make their minds up .....

:lol: :lol: superbly stupid with the  "damned if they do damned if they don't" stance as usual.

Fact is, Duff has proved himself in the premiership. It took me one look at Luque and I judged him not to be up to it. It isn't my fault if you can't make judgements. What a shame you didn't know before he signed that he wouldn't [so far] play like he did at his previous clubs. Do you now think the club should be bringing in players without looking at how they have performed elsewhere in their careers

I've never known any club publicly scout an international player for 4 months, have you?

As for your hypocrisy/double standards, no commented needed, admission accepted.

I've never known any club publicly scout an international player for 4 months, have you?

As for your hypocrisy/double standards, no commented needed, admission accepted.

you don't know how long clubs take to "research" players so stop pretending you do. The only hypocrite is you, you've admitted by your own comments you think the club should take their time then in the next breath say they shouldn't. What you really mean is if the club makes a signing that doesn't work/miss a signing for some reason you don't know [delete as appropriate] you will slate them for making too much research/not enough research [delete as appropriate]

:lol:

But then you apply these hypocrisies all the time. You say Beardsley was "well known" because he played for ManU [when they were winning nowt or not much], so well known in fact an auction for his signing escalated the fee to a whopping 150,000 whereas his status at the time was similar to that of our loan signing Rossi - who you are slating us for signing on loan yet applauding the signing of the equally "well known" Beardsley .... another hypocritical comment.

I judge players. I don't really care what they cost or where they come from. Duff was bought as a proven quality premiership player, one look at Luque and I stated on here that he would not become that. If you can't do anything other than use hindsight then its your problem. Shame you didn't tell us that Duff wouldn't produce his Blackburn form for us - so far anyway. Why do you think he signed for us when our own Newcastle supporter left us for them for a British record transfer fee eh ? Why did Duff want to play for Newcastle more than Peter Beardsley did ?  :lol: :lol: :lol: Somehow I don't expect a response to this.

PS Where is your sister these days  :lol: