Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Phil K

:lol:

Some of the f***ing idiots on here man.

Why ?

Because they're realistic ?

Hope doesn't get points man.

How many points have we thrown away in the last minute ?

And we aren't scoring many.

It all adds up to disaster.

The disgusting messes being made at the likes of Blackburn and Bolton and the like will be hugely costly

And if ever there was a modern version of "Lions led by Donkeys" its this lot

Only it's DONKEYS led by Donkeys.

I'd settle for staying up on goal difference.

Why ?

The disgusting messes being made at the likes of Blackburn and Bolton and the like will be hugely costly

Just makes me chuckle how people pick this result of all results to start doom monging.

Why ?

Just makes me chuckle how people pick this result of all results to start doom monging.

I think it's more the combination of this (albeit somewhat inevitable result) with other results achieved by teams around us and the remaining fixtures...I think THAT's why people are doom monging/mongering so much more after tonight.

Why ?

I think it's more the combination of this (albeit somewhat inevitable result) with other results achieved by teams around us and the remaining fixtures...I think THAT's why people are doom monging/mongering so much more after tonight.

Just said this in the other thread. Tonight the other results put a negative spin on what was, all in all a positive result. If we go down it will be because of games such as Stoke, Wigan and Blackburn not because of games against Manchester United.

It's just funny people say thing like "Oh we're going down" after tonights result, strange.

if we lose at hull, ill go up to a 5. i still think thats realistic given that there are other wank teams around us, and when push comes to shove we do have a better squad than all of them.

Lose to Hull and you're fifty/fifty as to whether we go down?

:lol: Christ, i admire your optimism. Lose to Hull and i'm done tbh, given the coming fixtures. Three points at Hull will give us a vital bit of a ledge to cling on to, as we inevitably fall away given the rotten upcoming fixtures.

Miss out on that and it's goodnight Vienna imo.

Think if we play like we did tonight against Arsenal we could well roll them over.

If we beat Hull, the place will be buzzing against Arsenal. We could see a repeat of last season's performance there tbh. Four points from our next two games isn't impossible; tonight's match has given me a slight boost of hope really - in spite of the loss.

Hull's victory is just a kick in the knackers.

if we lose at hull, ill go up to a 5. i still think thats realistic given that there are other w*** teams around us, and when push comes to shove we do have a better squad than all of them.

:lol: Christ, i admire your optimism. Lose to Hull and i'm done tbh, given the coming fixtures. Three points at Hull will give us a vital bit of a ledge to cling on to, as we inevitably fall away given the rotten upcoming fixtures.

if we lose to hull, we may well be in the relegation zone, but theres 9 more games afterwards and a massive 7 points between botlon in 11th and boro in 19th. just because stoke and hull won on the same day we lost narrowly to man united, im not sure how anyone can give up on us staying up altogether. indeed, i will be very nervous if we do lose to hull though.

I think we'll beat Boro, Pompey and Fulham at home so thats 9 points, enough? maybe

I can see us beating those teams as well, but we can't afford to go into those three games needing to win.  IMO we need at least another 10 points to stay up.  Which is why we have to beat Hull!

if we lose at hull, ill go up to a 5. i still think thats realistic given that there are other w*** teams around us, and when push comes to shove we do have a better squad than all of them.

if we lose to hull, we may well be in the relegation zone, but theres 9 more games afterwards and a massive 7 points between botlon in 11th and boro in 19th. just because stoke and hull won on the same day we lost narrowly to man united, im not sure how anyone can give up on us staying up altogether. indeed, i will be very nervous if we do lose to hull though.

Aye i certainly haven't given up hope yet mate. But i mean... lose to Hull and i'm a bit more tetchy then 50/50, that's what i was getting at. ;)

Aye i certainly haven't given up hope yet mate. But i mean... lose to Hull and i'm a bit more tetchy then 50/50, that's what i was getting at. ;)

yeah its getting to us all now mate! but seriously though, there are stoke, hull, pompey and blackburn who are in my opinion equally likely to go as us.

3 points against Hull, Portsmouth,Boro and Fulham should be enough.

add in an okey result against stoke and maybe arsenal and we are safe:D

(however if we dont get anything against them, then there is no god.)

I think we're down already, but I'm a natural pessimist.  The Bolton game evaporated the last few drops of hope I had.

The simple fact is that we are represented in this dogfight by a managerless, rudderless collection of slightly better than mediocre players.  Statistically, we don't have any chance of beating Villa, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.  So the points must come against teams that are better organized and seemingly much more motivated for this fight.

I just don't think this set of players have it in them, and I don't see any evidence to prove me wrong.  If this thing comes down to needing 6 points in the last 3 games of the season - and it will - then I just can't see it.  These aren't players that inspire confidence.