Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

In some ways I think relegation would be cathartic. We've been playing "will we or won't we" for about 4 years now and it might actually be comforting to get it out of the way and start from the bottom again with lower expectations.

Which is exactly why my gut tells me that it ultimately won't happen this year. No way God is going to let off NUFC fans that easy :lol:

Guest BigTrev

10 games = 30 points on offer.

What's stopping a miracle?

Oh yes, that's right, we're Newcastle United.

and all we need is 12 points

:lol:

Some of the f***ing idiots on here man.

Why ?

Because they're realistic ?

Hope doesn't get points man.

How many points have we thrown away in the last minute ?

And we aren't scoring many.

It all adds up to disaster.

The disgusting messes being made at the likes of Blackburn and Bolton and the like will be hugely costly

And if ever there was a modern version of "Lions led by Donkeys" its this lot

Only it's DONKEYS led by Donkeys.

I'd settle for staying up on goal difference.

Just makes me chuckle how people pick this result of all results to start doom monging.

Of course - it was this result that started anyone thinking about relegation. Check out the date this thread started by the way..... :rolleyes:

was on a 1 before tonight, perhaps crept up to a 3, due to Hull's result.  Basically if we lost against Hull, I'll then move up to a 5 - half way - we will or we won't.

Said to Ketsbaias Shiny Head just before that until we're sat in 18th 3 points adrift, then I'll become greatly concerned.

WBA are goners, and I think Boro probably are too now, therefore luckily meaning imo, theres only 1 place to be filled from 3 to 4 teams.

Was reading on the BBC webite that we were on the same amount of points this time last year.  The only difference was we had just come out of a run of tough fixtures and were able to got into a good run in winnable fixtures - this time we've had the run of winnable fixtures (barring tonight) and have now ran into the hard fixtures, while our nearest rivals have picked up points over the past two series of fixtures.  Tonight was a good performance but can they carry on this and the attitude onto the next match?  Past experience says probably not.

The form of the teams below us was a reason some people used to say we won't go down. Well they have started to get the odd win. We have a feeble win rate. Draws won't save us. The infuriating thing about Newcastle is we can give 'the best team in the world' a hard game after losing to Bolton. The shitty results to the lower lights of the Premier League (which has always been a Newcastle trait) is what may doom us.

We must beat Hull.

Hull is obviously massive, and everyone knows that so I'm not going to bother with that.

However I really think a lot of it rests on our remaining 5 home games, our best chance of picking up points.  If we can get 9 from those (3 wins, not going to post fixtures, but you can probably guess the 3 teams I think we should be looking to beat) then we'll stay up.

I know draws don't keep you up, but theres a few games in there where a perhaps unexpected, but attainable point could save us.

I don't want to depress people but in 28 games we've won 6 games (4 at home and 2 away). I don't see why people think we are going to suddenly start beating the teams we should be beating now when we haven't done it during the rest of the season. Our last win was against West Brom on February 7th. You have to go back to December 21st for the one before that when we beat Tottenham. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I don't want to depress people but in 28 games we've won 6 games (4 at home and 2 away). I don't see why people think we are going to suddenly start beating the teams we should be beating now when we haven't done it during the rest of the season. Our last win was against West Brom on February 7th. You have to go back to December 21st for the one before that when we beat Tottenham. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

When you read it in such basic terms as that it really is unbelievably bad. :undecided:

So true.

After every defeat, a whole bunch of people say "all we have to do is beat....." when the reality is there is nothing to suggest we can suddenly start picking 3 points up from fixtures against similarly positioned teams.

I could cry at that bit in bold.

Shoot me for trying to be a tad optomistic, but to use that point, one of those we did beat away was Portsmouth, who we still have to play at home.

I know where you're coming from, though.  I just don't think sinking into depression will be aawer good for my health.

Why ?

The disgusting messes being made at the likes of Blackburn and Bolton and the like will be hugely costly

Just makes me chuckle how people pick this result of all results to start doom monging.

Of course - it was this result that started anyone thinking about relegation. Check out the date this thread started by the way..... :rolleyes:

Obviously you weren't reading some of the reaction to tonights defeat. "We're going down" was banded about on more than a couple of occasions.

Why ?

I think it's more the combination of this (albeit somewhat inevitable result) with other results achieved by teams around us and the remaining fixtures...I think THAT's why people are doom monging/mongering so much more after tonight.

Just said this in the other thread. Tonight the other results put a negative spin on what was, all in all a positive result. If we go down it will be because of games such as Stoke, Wigan and Blackburn not because of games against Manchester United.

It's just funny people say thing like "Oh we're going down" after tonights result, strange.

I'm feeling considerably more -ve after tonight, but it's because of the Hull and Stoke victories, and Bburn point.  I think they were quite disasterous.  I'd say WBA down, then 2 of us, boro and pompy.  Think stoke have the fight.

We've won 6 games but what about hughton? it's something like 2 draws (both against Everton) and 6 losses out of 8.

Could say that for the teams below us to be fair, all teams at the bottom are crap so they'll all lose games.

I still think we have the players to get us out of this, it's just now a case of making sure the right ones get picked if available.

Agree with this. If we can play the same 11 as tonight for the rest of the season, but a better CM pairing, we'll be fine.

10 games to go and we need 4 wins IMO.... as pointed out, thats gonna be hard judging by our win ratio so far.

Hull, Boro, Pompey are MUST wins, and we need something from the Stoke and Fulham matches.

i'd say 'boro, pompey. fulham are our last hope, can't see more than a draw at hull...maybe a draw vs arsenal if we're lucky, think we'll get a point at stoke maybe

what's that?  39 points?  might be enough...those 3 wins are far from nailed on mind

fully expect to get raped in most of the other games

gonna be tight huh?

I really can't imagine life in the Championship. Fucking hell, we need to sort this shit out.

that time has passed, we need someone else to sort it out for us now by also being complete shit, 3 teams shitter than us is all that will keep us up tbh

we might get lucky, probably will actually...more of the same next season, sweet

We're as good as down, which I've been saying since the Hull game in September.

Cheers Ashley, Wise, Llambias, Kinnear and not forgetting the quim-chinned quitter either. Idiots the lot of them.

fuck me, best insult i've heard in a while

We're as good as down, which I've been saying since the Hull game in September.

Cheers Ashley, Wise, Llambias, Kinnear and not forgetting the quim-chinned quitter either. Idiots the lot of them.

This "We're going down but HEY! I WAS RIGHT! MUHAHAHA!!!" shit pisses me right off.