Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Just did the predictor:

16. NEWCASTLE   Pts- 38

17. Sunderland    Pts- 36

-------------------------------

18. Hull                Pts- 35

19. Boro              Pts- 32

20. West Brom    Pts- 26

I had us down to beat Pompey 1-0, Boro 2-0, and draw with Fulham 1-1 and Villa 2-2! Very optimistic but you never know...

I think if we go to Villa on the last day needing something to stay up we will get it, Villa aren't brilliant at home to begin with and they're already slipping into holiday mode - and they've been playing since July.

I think if we go to Villa on the last day needing something to stay up we will get it, Villa aren't brilliant at home to begin with and they're already slipping into holiday mode - and they've been playing since July.

Meanwhile we've been on a break since the end of August. Swish. :coolsmiley:

Did predictor.

15  Sland -11 40

16  BBurn-21 39

17  Us    -19  37

---------------------

18  Hull  -25  36

19  Boro -32  31

Beat Portsmouth 2-1, Boro 2-0, draw with Fulham 0-0.  3-0 defeats in both away games.

Hull to pick up a point home to Stoke and away to Bolton.

:dowie:

The one minor thing that people forget, though, is that our own form is actually just as bad as Hull's. Yet the optimists expect them to get nothing from Villa, and us to grab a point. Them to lose to Stoke, and us to beat Middlesbrough. Us to beat Fulham, and them to get trounced by Bolton. Their run-in is nearly as easy as ours.

Their three home games are Manure, Liverpool and Stoke.  Our home games are Pompey, Fulham and Boro..  Don't bother comparing away games, neither side has a chance of getting much if anything from them, its the home games remaining that really matter.

Stoke have won just one away game all season, against WBA, and have just four draws away from home. Hull are as likely to win that game as we are for any of our home games (looking at their head to head stats, draw seems most likely). We usually draw against Boro (last win at home: 2004), and guess which team in the Premiership has the most draws? Us. Newcastle against Middlesbrough is a game with draw written all over it; Fulham may be even more difficult. That leaves Portsmouth. 3 points. Anyone thinking we're likely to stay up is delusional.

Guest firetotheworks

You gotta add in that stoke & bolton might not have much to play for by the time they face Hull. This isnt like the rest of the season.

You gotta add in that Villa & Fulham might not have much to play for by the time they face us. This isnt like the rest of the season.

Im playing devils advocate but you get the point

You gotta add in that stoke & bolton might not have much to play for by the time they face Hull. This isnt like the rest of the season.

You gotta add in that Villa & Fulham might not have much to play for by the time they face us. This isnt like the rest of the season.

Your making a point against something i wasnt arguing though. Im saying we cant right Hull off as if we'll have very little to do to stay up & your just naming what we'd have to do.

Guest firetotheworks

Your making a point against something i wasnt arguing though. Im saying we cant right Hull off as if we'll have very little to do to stay up & your just naming what we'd have to do.

I know, cool your jets mate. Like I said, just playing devils advocate.  O0

Guest Phil K

What most of you are missing is that every one of the bottom dwellers - INCLUDING Boro - are picking up wins while our lot aren't - draws at best

That is relegation - unless they change and they've shown absolutely NO evidence of doing so

Guest GAMMELL

What most of you are missing is that every one of the bottom dwellers - INCLUDING Boro - are picking up wins while our lot aren't - draws at best

That is relegation - unless they change and they've shown absolutely NO evidence of doing so

I think it's safe to say that the majority of us are well aware of what you've just stated.  :harry:

Like I said earlier, I think we'll pick up a maximum of 7 points from the final 15 available. Will it be enough?? God only f*cking knows

I think it's safe to say that the majority of us are well aware of what you've just stated.  :harry:

Like I said earlier, I think we'll pick up a maximum of 7 points from the final 15 available. Will it be enough?? God only f*cking knows

i expect to lose the away games and get 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss at home and go down.

it's all in Shearer's hands now to be honest. If he shows some bollocks and takes the donkeys out of midfield then we have a real fighting chance. If he doesn't then he has to get Owen out of there because he clearly isn't anywhere near up to it anymore without good service.

we'll see. Head's telling me that Butt, Nolan and Owen with all start 3-4 of the next 5 games and we'll go down with 35

"get Owen out of there because he clearly isn't anywhere near up to it anymore without good service"

So it's Owen's fault that our midfield is shite?!

Owen is still one of our best "footballers" and if a half chance presents itself on Monday can you give me another player in our squad that you'd want it to fall to? I don't think so!

"get Owen out of there because he clearly isn't anywhere near up to it anymore without good service"

So it's Owen's fault that our midfield is s****?!

Owen is still one of our best "footballers" and if a half chance presents itself on Monday can you give me another player in our squad that you'd want it to fall to? I don't think so!

Did I say it was Owen's fault?

Owen has managed 1 goal in his last 13 games and doesn't look like scoring anytime soon either. Unless we radically change the system there's no point having him in the side.

Viduka is the  answer to your question btw, not that anything in your absurdly bad post really warrants a response

Just read that Martins is going to be used as an impact sub because he definitely needs surgery on his groin. If he's not going to be fit enough for our last 5 games I think it's going to be hard to win 3 games. If Lovenkrands is close to a return that could be enough to keep us in there.

Guest shearer_united

upfront, I'd like to see Martins and Andy Carroll, while Owen starting as a sub for the remaining matches we have.