Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

People banking on a home win versus Sunderland is a bit of a concern for me like.  I think we'll beat them, but it could be any result given that it's a derby and neither team is playing particularly well.  It's hardly a home banker, could quite easily draw it IMO.

imagine the tension if its for 3rd/4th bottom.

People banking on a home win versus Sunderland is a bit of a concern for me like.  I think we'll beat them, but it could be any result given that it's a derby and neither team is playing particularly well.  It's hardly a home banker, could quite easily draw it IMO.

If they manage to score first it could get fairly ugly.

Have you seen their support? It's going to get fairly ugly anyway.

Have you seen their support? It's going to get fairly ugly anyway.

:lol:

Newcastle don't really have bankers, I now realise. There's no game you could point to and say "easy two goal minimum" win. I thought we had that against Reading, QPR and Stoke at home - and of those games which we won (not all of them!) we made hard work of them all. Motoring away to three points in games has rarely been a luxury we can enjoy this season.

Fulham and Mackems at home are the matches we absolutely must win, because the rest look decidedly dodgy at this point. And the latter would put us above Sunderland anyway.

I would take yr hand off for win v fulham and draw vs the Mackems tbh.

Newcastle don't really have bankers, I now realise. There's no game you could point to and say "easy two goal minimum" win. I thought we had that against Reading, QPR and Stoke at home - and of those games which we won (not all of them!) we made hard work of them all. Motoring away to three points in games has rarely been a luxury we can enjoy this season.

I agree but the games are running out now, we've been in a position before where our form wasn't good enough but we had a handful of "winnable" home games coming up - we didn't win enough of them and got relegated.  As I've implied I think we'll stay up but it's going to be bloody close IMO, our away form is killing us.

Yeah - it's going to be the very definition of a 6 pointer as I fear the Fulham game will be beyond us after Europe.

Shits about to get real.

Yeah - it's going to be the very definition of a 6 pointer as I fear the Fulham game will be beyond us after Europe.

s***s about to get real.

Duff is going to score against us, isn't he?

Shits about to get real.

We don't have a particularly awful record after playing in Europe do we?

Shits about to get real.

4 wins.

Shits about to get real.

4 wins.

Compared to how many draws and losses?

Shits about to get real.

4 wins.

Compared to how many draws and losses?

Nee idea. Definitely had at least 1 draw though.

Shits about to get real.

It's not so much the 'after Europe' bit it's more the sheer volume of games, the injury situation, the presure and the fact Fulham can rock up and give it a go with no consequence.

And Mick. Yes. Or at the very least the little twat will have a stormer. About time the greedy gypo had a good game a St James's as he certainly didn't have many in a B&W shirt.

Another player I've got an irrational hatred of. When's the cunt going to retire?

Lose to Fulham and we are in the biggest trouble possible.

Fulham game is absolutely crucial. I reckon QPR will beat Wigan and Chelsea will more than likely beat the mackems. If we do beat Fulham then that would have us 4v ahead of them and 6 in front of Wigan, also creating massive pressure for Sunderland ahead of the derby.

If we don't beat Fulham then we are in major bother, no doubt about it.

I'm worried the team is going into another horrible run like earlier. Anyone can look at Blackburn last season to note that this is the worst possible time to start losing, although that's fairly obvious I suppose.

Our fixtures in the PL are very much easier than the others in the fight I think.

Fulham, Sunderland (H), with our home form of late, the atmosphere and the team knowing the importance of the win, you'd hope to pick up 4 points.

Arsenal and Liverpool (H), you'd think we'd compete at home and not lose them both. Let say 1 point.

West Ham and West Brom (A), more or less safe, nothing to play for. Lets say 2 points.

QPR (A)- tough to call. Lets say we lose.

40 points total, safety and 14-16th.

Villa and Wigan have worse goal difference than us (-20 and -25) and will surely be facing tougher fixtures. They play each other on the last day, so barring some freak set of results where we lose to Arsenal on the last day and they both settle for the draw I just can't see relegation happening.

Villa still go to OT, which looks likely to be the fixture where they'll clinch the title. They also play Chelsea and 6 pointers against Sunderland and Wigan.

Wigan play QPR (A) and Man City (A) as their next 2.

Sunderland are in freefall with injuries, have an away derby (which they'll be fearing more than us), and Chelsea and Spurs away.

Still think Sunderland, Wigan and Villa to ALL overtake us with the fixtures they have, playing each other, looks very unlikely. Not to say that this season hasnt been massively underwhelming in the PL and domestic cups, but we can address that in the summer.

Guest ItalianMagpie

West Ham and West Brom (A), more or less safe, nothing to play for. Lets say 2 points.

We picked up 5 points away this season. Getting 2 even with crappy-nothing-to-play-for sides in 2 consecutive games seems hard enough to me not to believe it.

Honestly I don't know how you people still manage to believe we can get results away, I have no faith whatsoever.