Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Hilariously over-optimistic that i think we'll win a home game against a side that's only won twice away from home all season? :razz:

Hilariously over-optimistic that i think a team that has won 1 in about 20 won't win away at Bolton? :razz:

Fairysnuff. Jesus man... i appreciate that it could happen but i don't think it will. Maybe there needs to be more definitions next to the numbers on the Ometer... but if someone asked me today "do you think Newcastle will go down?" I would say "No." Simple as that really? :undecided: God forbid a bit of rejuvinated hope.

People reckon that because it's us and we're involved in it, the form book will be torn up and the opposite to what is expected will happen.

Hull are shit, but if they win they'll send us down, so they're bound to win! Despite the fact that they're in the bottom three and a steaming pile of shit :lol:

Maybe i should have just said four, or something.

Tbh - this relegationometer has been 'fun' and a decent judge of where people's heads are at. But now it's just a bit meh - we're either gonna stay up or go down. If we're being technical i should have just said four, or something, cos i understand the varying permutations and that we could still be relegated. I don't think we will though.

I'd taken the numbers to be like a percentage.

As in 3 = 30% chance you think we'll go down and so on and so forth.

I'd be somewhere between a 3 and a 4 at the moment like. As in I think if the last couple of weeks of the season were played out three seperate times we'd go down one of those times.

Never said Hull would win at Bolton, either, and they may not have to. Point could be enough. And yes I know they're shite but did you see the Bolton-Sunderland game at the weekend? I did and it wasn't pretty, Bolton have switched off and that could even the playing field for Hull.

And Fulham may not have the best of away form but we're hardly a powerhouse now are we?

Nowt wrong with a bit of hope but to see what I read as you saying we have only about a 10% chance of going down, when we're only out of the relegation on goal difference with two fixtures to go, just really made me shake my head tbh.

Erring on the side of caution still. 7

This is NUFC remember. We are still capable of blowing it although I have to admit, momentum is now with us more than any of the bottom 3 (maybe WBA but they have Liverpool on Saturday)

Been on a 1 since this started, can't wait until next weekend when we beat Fulham and Hull lose to Bolton, to say "I told you so."

I cant wait till the day this thread DIES!

Guest Brummiemag

I think its in the balance, a 50% chance, down from an 8 to a 5 though.

I'm sure its been mentioned before but one of my concerns is that if Man U have wrapped up the title by the time they play Hull, its 3 days before the Champions League final and they will be playing a severely weakened team and any of the first eleven who do play will be avoiding injury. In other words we cannot rule out the fact that Hull may get a result against Man U.

The bottom line is that unless we beat Fulham and Hull lose to Bolton, then we may well need a result at Villa Park 

A weakened Man United team is still better than probably 14 other clubs first teams. The players likely to be fielded should be playing out of their eyeball sockets to want to be part of the squad that travels to Rome. What a load of toss.

Remember when Southampton thought the same? I do. They got tonked.

A weakened Man United team is still better than probably 14 other clubs first teams. The players likely to be fielded should be playing out of their eyeball sockets to want to be part of the squad that travels to Rome. What a load of toss.

Other side of the coin, West Ham thought the same, and won at Old Trafford. ;)

Man Utd will still be able to put a great team

van der sar

Rafael      Evans          Vidic      O'Shea

Park          Fletcher    Scholes      Nani

Berbatov    Giggs

Guest Brummiemag

I don't think it is 'a load of toss'. Man U may still win the game, but what Im saying is that its a concern and its by no means certain that Man U will the game.

Other side of the coin, West Ham thought the same, and won at Old Trafford. ;)

True, but they also got beat in the FA cup final. They had also just lost out on getting to the Champions League final, so it's entirely different this season. Hull don't have a tevez neither.

van der sar

Rafael Evans Vidic O'Shea

Park Fletcher Scholes Nani

Berbatov Giggs

I'm not sure they'll risk that lot. It'll be a third string, not a second. The likes of Welbeck.

In fact I'll be amazed if Van Der Sar, Park, Berbatov and Vidic play.

van der sar

Rafael       Evans          Vidic      O'Shea

Park           Fletcher    Scholes      Nani

Berbatov    Giggs

I'm not sure they'll risk that lot. It'll be a third string, not a second. The likes of Welbeck.

In fact I'll be amazed if Park, Berbatov and Vidic play.

Would be canny if Wigan stumbled them tomorrow like, forcing them to play a bit

Just looking at their squad now for the fringe players I've heard of.

Welbeck, Eckersley (he should be from Yorkshire, surely), Gibson, Macheda, Possebon, Foster. Those lads will play against Hull I reckon.

We need to win our next 2 games, we cant play on the results of the other teams anymore. Tbh i cant see us beating fulham,the best i think we can get is draw.

Fulham have had a great season, and it will be a tough game but lets not make them out to be world beaters. They are much much more potent at home than they are away. And remember our game with them at their place we took the lead and were cruising until Cacapa decided to prove he's not really up to top flight football.

There is no reason in the world why we can not beat Fulham at home. I'm confident we'll get something out of the game and if we play with the same amoubnt of effort and desire as last night, I think we'll win.

If relegation is still in the balance on the last day I don't think Ferguson will be quite enough of a cunt to send out a 3rd string outfit.

He'll leave out the guys that it would be a major blow to lose, the stars of the team if you will, but there'll be some pressure on him in the week leading up to the game if rolling over could save Hull.

They'll still probably half-ass it of course, but I expect it'll be a reasonably decent team that takes the field on the day.

Beat Fulham and its virtually over, there really is no point having a number any more. The finishing line is in sight, the players no what they have to do, they just have to do the business.

Beat Fulham and its virtually over, there really is no point having a number any more. The finishing line is in sight, the players no what they have to do, they just have to do the business.

Depends what Hull & Boro do, if Hull lose and Boro don't win, we're there. I just can't wait for Saturday to get it over with.