Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We need to win our next 2 games, we cant play on the results of the other teams anymore. Tbh i cant see us beating fulham,the best i think we can get is draw.

Fulham have had a great season, and it will be a tough game but lets not make them out to be world beaters. They are much much more potent at home than they are away. And remember our game with them at their place we took the lead and were cruising until Cacapa decided to prove he's not really up to top flight football.

There is no reason in the world why we can not beat Fulham at home. I'm confident we'll get something out of the game and if we play with the same amoubnt of effort and desire as last night, I think we'll win.

We never took the lead. Even after we equalised, they scored straight away again.

me and cp40 never got on but fair play for this thread, looking back from the start the amount of delusional idiots is terrifying..cp40 saw what was coming as did i

same as reading back on the would you take 17th thread, madness

how can some people know so little about football?

We need to win our next 2 games, we cant play on the results of the other teams anymore. Tbh i cant see us beating fulham,the best i think we can get is draw.

Fulham have had a great season, and it will be a tough game but lets not make them out to be world beaters. They are much much more potent at home than they are away. And remember our game with them at their place we took the lead and were cruising until Cacapa decided to prove he's not really up to top flight football.

There is no reason in the world why we can not beat Fulham at home. I'm confident we'll get something out of the game and if we play with the same amoubnt of effort and desire as last night, I think we'll win.

We never took the lead. Even after we equalised, they scored straight away again.

I guess my memory is playing tricks on me, I could have sworn Shola put us in front, but you're probably right being a young whippersnapper.  Anyway I remember being not too impressed with them and feeling they were fortunate we had Cacapa in our team or there was no way they were winning that game.

Beat Fulham and its virtually over, there really is no point having a number any more. The finishing line is in sight, the players no what they have to do, they just have to do the business.

Depends what Hull & Boro do, if Hull lose and Boro don't win, we're there. I just can't wait for Saturday to get it over with.

Agreed, WBA are all but down they have Liverpool on Sunday, who should batter them regardless of the title situation they will still want to prove a point. Boro at home against Villa is an ok one for Boro but you can see that being a draw. Hull is the tough one to call you'd expect Bolton to win at home, but I'm not sure.

Beat Fulham and its virtually over, there really is no point having a number any more. The finishing line is in sight, the players no what they have to do, they just have to do the business.

Depends what Hull & Boro do, if Hull lose and Boro don't win, we're there. I just can't wait for Saturday to get it over with.

Agreed, WBA are all but down they have Liverpool on Sunday, who should batter them regardless of the title situation they will still want to prove a point. Boro at home against Villa is an ok one for Boro but you can see that being a draw. Hull is the tough one to call you'd expect Bolton to win at home, but I'm not sure.

bolton were diabolical against the mackems, worst team i've seen this season at home including us

me and cp40 never got on but fair play for this thread, looking back from the start the amount of delusional idiots is terrifying..cp40 saw what was coming as did i

Can you see us from up there?

apparently as i make reference to "you" in that post

that read very arrogantly, sorry wasn't meant to...was just a big told you so and that's a cuntish thing to do anyways

apparently as i make reference to "you" in that post

that read very arrogantly, sorry wasn't meant to...was just a big told you so and that's a cuntish thing to do anyways

Haha, no it's fine I was joking. I have to admit, I was one of the people who never thought this would happen. Alas, there's still time.

if we didnt get on, soz, i do get a bit argue-tastic about footy sometimes, but , hopefully, i was wrong and we stay up, should never have got so tight tho.

I hear what you are saying man. A lot it though is down to not being able to see the full picture of things. Understanding it’s not just about the strength of a squad of players on paper that’ll determine your season. It’s hard also for those that have only been with us through the premiership times to recognize the signs. NUFC have only been relegated something like 4 or 5 times in our history and the last time it happened was 20 years ago, to thoroughly appreciate what caused our demise back then you would need to be in your 30’s at the very least. The signs were all there for us that were old enough to remember to see early season.

I had gone in to that season full of hope, OK we lost Beardsley in the summer but we had got good money from him and we had made some what looked like decent signings. Dave Beasant looked like the dominant GK we had needed for a while, Andy Thorn the strong CB that we long be short of. John Hendrie was a hugely exciting prospect on the wing and John Robertson had scored goals for fun up in Scotland and looked a good bet to fill Beardo shoes. Unfortunately only John Hendrie lived up to their billing, we were beset by off the field issues as the crowd who were already antagonised by the sale of yet another star in the summer saw the money wasted on underperforming players. John hall was making his first moves to organize some sort of resistence. The Manager for the large part of the season was clueless and the board too late at replacing him. The club was unstable off the pitch and clearly not good enough on the pitch. Those were the same things we could see in 2008/9,we were obvious unstable (even more so than 89) off the pitch, we had fan dissention as we did back then,  we had the same type of manager clearly not up to the job and we had a paper thin squad of over paid players of question character (slightly different from 89, as the first team should have been more than capable but the history of injuries meant we had to look past the first choice players).

If you're only old enough to have known Premiership football then you’ll have seen us sometimes flirt with relegation, but at the end of the day never been in too much danger of going down. You've also seen other “big” clubs, Aston Villa, Man City, Everton, Spurs etc, have similar flirtations but ultimately be fine. So it’s hardly surprising that some thought the situation wasn’t as dire as it was being made out to be.

if we didnt get on, soz, i do get a bit argue-tastic about footy sometimes, but , hopefully, i was wrong and we stay up, should never have got so tight tho.

meh, was early doors in a fledgling internet based relationship, we're cool now, well at least i am  :idiot2:

point is we could see how tight it was, sad really

cp40 said he thought it was highly unlikley ;)

As for you, I suppose you saw Kinnear having a heart attack and us consequently only getting two points from the following five games under Hughton as well?, fucking psychic aren't you :lol:

i reckon hull and toon will win next game, putting mackems in relegation zone.... and they will self-destruct!

That would be great but for the sake of my nerves I would rather NUFC win of course, Hull and mackems lose, meaning we are safe, then Hull narrowly beat Manure and the mackems lose to Chelsea. Oh happy days if that scenario pans out.

Guest palnese

if man utd lose today, will that change ppl's ratings as well

Yes! Would make a massive difference really!

I couldn't give a flying f*** who stays up with us.

If we survive it'll be fantastic and of course the only thing that should come into our thoughts but it would just be so much sweeter if it was at the Mackems expense.

cp40 said he thought it was highly unlikley ;)

As for you, I suppose you saw Kinnear having a heart attack and us consequently only getting two points from the following five games under Hughton as well?, fucking psychic aren't you :lol:

that's one term for it i suppose

EDIT: i've been pessimistic ever since kinnear came in, his heart problems have little bearing on it for me - we were shocking with him as manager dropping too many "winnable" points early doors, if his health had remained OK we'd be down already imo, maybe i am psychic though?  i was also one of the people who knew "we always beat spurs" wasn't enough reason to think we'd do it this season too

Guest ovesbar

If we win on Saturday, it becomes more of a case of "Will Hull send scumderlan down"

We need another massive performance from the team n fans against Fulham.

This, but it is a big if.. Fulham will not be easy to beat. But if we do, I think we'll stay up. Imagine Sunderland going into their game monday night in the bottom three, knowing that they have Chelsea in their last game.