Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Even if we only get 3 points until the new year we're still (just barely) on pace for survival and that's after suffering what will probably be our worst run of the season.

The only realistic chance of us getting relegated at this point is if we sack Pardew and appoint a Kinnear-equivalent.

This really needs that bread-on-bread Oldtype picture - "I Got This".

I don't think we'll be in the scrap come March mind, those 3 games before Stoke have over exaggerated things imo. Stoke and Fulham I'd say we were average rather than poor (in keeping with the games before West Ham), but I reckon we'll pick enough points up along the way if we play like this without being any more than above average.

What a bunch of fannies.

Totally pathetic as usual Stu.

How so? It's Nostradamus season on N-O and the doom-mongerers are trying to outdo each other on every thread it seems.

Happens every time we have a rough patch, even happened last season between losing our unbeaten status and losing at home to WBA, the Spurs/Fulham thumpings.

I've never understood the pleasure that these people get from NUFC, so wonder why they bother - unless it's just for attention on the forum.

Guest icemanblue

What a bunch of fannies.

How so? It's Nostradamus season on N-O and the doom-mongerers are trying to outdo each other on every thread it seems.

Happens every time we have a rough patch, even happened last season between losing our unbeaten status and losing at home to WBA, the Spurs/Fulham thumpings.

I've never understood the pleasure that these people get from NUFC, so wonder why they bother - unless it's just for attention on the forum.

You could be on to something, there. :lol:

'Pardew Out' thread been bumped as well?

Guest neesy111

What a bunch of fannies.

You've accused me of making judgements up on games without watching them, so how many games have you seen us this season then?

A bad patch?

We've only won 4 games from 16, one of which was against 10 men for the majority of the game (Wigan) and another when we were completely played off the park in the 2nd half by West Brom.

We've been utterly awful to watch since the start of the season, if you want to list it game by game then I will.

We have a manager that readies his excuses before even a ball is kicked in any game.

This is our worst win less run away from home in over 20 years.

We haven't came back from behind in the league in 26 months.

We haven't scored from a corner in 14 months.

I could go on.

Edit: Worst Away Run for 27 years according to Dave and with Man Utd and Arsenal coming up.

As an outsider (and yes, I know, I haven't seen you as much as, err, you), I honestly think that whilst you're right to be somewhat concerned, it is too early to be talking about relegation.

Also, that record mentioned above is pretty horrendous, but it'd me much more horrendous if there weren't many / any other sides with an equally poor record.

The standard of the PL this year is dreadful, truly dreadful, and there are a lot of teams with not much to seperate them, and a lot of teams sufficiently bad to be thinking they might wind up in a relegation scrap.

Take the point about your last relegation season, but didn't you change manager every ten minutes that year? This season, you've got more continuity and solidity behind the scenes than most teams, and although Pardew rightly gets a slating on some things, that stability is often the issue which seperates the strugglers who stay up and those who don't

Guest neesy111

The QPR game is MASSIVE now. City, arsenal and manure gonna go the usual way.

4 games 4 points would be fucking fantastic .

Guest malandro

I'd like too see AP see out the remaining eight years of his contract, just to shut up all the people who think stability breeds success and not the other way round.

AP's rant about spies was a clear indicator he's desperately searching for reasons to explain our terrible form, quintessential relegation madness from a manager who has run out of ideas. However, I very much doubt we will get relegated unless we lose HBA.

Not particularly worried at the moment, but I'd fucking hate to drop into the relegation zone, even just on the back of other teams playing the day before.  Horrible knowing you have to haul yourself back out and the only way of doing it is not only to get points but needing other teams to drop them.

The QPR game is MASSIVE now. City, arsenal and manure gonna go the usual way.

QPR could very much hold the key to whether or not we are in a relegation fight. If Arry works his magic on them and they start to pick up a few points that gets them to safety, including beating us, then we've got a battle on our hands. It is a crucial game in what looks like a hugely difficult December.