Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest ItalianMagpie

H Reading 3

A Aston Villa 1

H Chelsea 0

A Tottenham 0

H Southampton 3

A Swansea City 0

H Stoke City 1

A Wigan Athletic 0

A Manchester City 0

H Fulham 1

H Sunderland 1

A WBA 0

H Liverpool 0

A West Ham Utd 0

A QPR 1

H Arsenal 0

32 points.

Scary stuff.

I basically agree on all the predictions :neutral:

We got to get results against top teams, and above all away wins. Don't know how, but we have to.

Think that that's perhaps overly cynical.

A face or two in, and I don't see why we can't grab an away win at Villa, a home win against Stoke and home win against Fulham/Mackems, as well as a draw against WHU away. 

Not 'easy', but that results table really would be a worst case scenario.

A face or two in, and I don't see why we can't grab an away win at Villa, a home win against Stoke and home win against Fulham/Mackems, as well as a draw against WHU away. 

We still wouldn't break 40pts even if we did all that. Might be enough of course.

We still wouldn't break 40pts even if we did all that. Might be enough of course.

I don't think any of the 3 at the bottom will get 40 points to be honest, but with the way we are playing I don't think we will either.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Even in that case we'd put together 39 points, probably not enough to stay up.

And I can't see how we could possibly win away tbh: apart from Villa nobody looks so weak that could be beaten at home by a team that never go forward nor create anything dangerous in the opponent's half in 90 minutes.

Guest ItalianMagpie

the teams who get out of the s*** are usually the ones who play without fear, have a go and get results no-one would expect

Like the Saints. I love how they try to win every game even if pretty limited in talent, and in spite of their awful defensive line they pulled themselves out of the relegation zone, play a decent football and are getting more and more results.

wigan last year, they didn't get out of it by shutting up fucking shop did they?  they got out of it by playing well and going for it, became more attacking if anything

i know the excuse will be that pardew will switch to an attacking style when he gets the players but this is bollocks, it'll get harder to do that as the days go by and the rot sets in deeper...if we'd been losing games by going for it then at least putting better players into an existing system like that would make sense

what you're now talking about is trying to suddenly change the style of an entire season and ask players new to the country to seamlessly fit into something that no-one else is even used to

whatever way you look at it, awful, awful management

On current form not sure I would expect us to get anything against the mackems and Reading and Southampton both winning today doesn't bode well in the confidence stakes. Don't see us beating reading at all right now. To be honest I'm a pessimistic bastard but I would be more surprised if we got out of it this year than managed to survive.

I'm a bit more optimistic than Dave over those fixtures tbh. There's plenty of winnable games there, certainly enough to see us survive.

It's grim that we're even talking about survival though, considering the players we have.

As s*** as we've been, confidence plays a massive role in football and the way teams play. If we pick up a couple of wins the team will start to play with a bit more freedom irrespective of how Pardew sets them up. Having Cabaye and Taylor back in the side will give us a much more resilient look too. Teams like Fulham and West Ham are stalling above us too so things can change around fairly quickly in the table.

We'll have a pretty good idea of where things are going to make predications after the Reading and Villa games and come the Chelsea match because the window will be shut and we'll know where we stand with the squad.

there'll be a surprise result in there somewhere, maybe liverpool or arsenal for example but i don't think dave is a million miles off

With a full side out at home and bit a confidence we'll give the good sides a proper match so that wouldn't surprise me

H Reading 3

A Aston Villa 1

H Chelsea 0

A Tottenham 0

H Southampton 3

A Swansea City 0

H Stoke City 1

A Wigan Athletic 0

A Manchester City 0

H Fulham 1

H Sunderland 1

A WBA 0

H Liverpool 0

A West Ham Utd 0

A QPR 1

H Arsenal 0

32 points.

^ the reason Pardew should have been gone roughly 5 games ago

the teams who get out of the s*** are usually the ones who play without fear, have a go and get results no-one would expect

Like the Saints. I love how they try to win every game even if pretty limited in talent, and in spite of their awful defensive line they pulled themselves out of the relegation zone, play a decent football and are getting more and more results.

Thumbs-Up.

wigan last year, they didn't get out of it by shutting up fucking shop did they?  they got out of it by playing well and going for it, became more attacking if anything

i know the excuse will be that pardew will switch to an attacking style when he gets the players but this is bollocks, it'll get harder to do that as the days go by and the rot sets in deeper...if we'd been losing games by going for it then at least putting better players into an existing system like that would make sense

what you're now talking about is trying to suddenly change the style of an entire season and ask players new to the country to seamlessly fit into something that no-one else is even used to

whatever way you look at it, awful, awful management

Great post. Pardew's philosophy isn't going to change at the push of a button, so irrespective of who is brought I honestly don't think it's going to make difference. At least not immediately.

H Reading 3

A Aston Villa 1

H Chelsea 0

A Tottenham 0

H Southampton 3

A Swansea City 0

H Stoke City 1

A Wigan Athletic 0

A Manchester City 0

H Fulham 1

H Sunderland 1

A WBA 0

H Liverpool 0

A West Ham Utd 0

A QPR 1

H Arsenal 0

32 points.

cant see us going the last 11 games without a win- If we do, we deserve to go down.

The worry is that poor teams are beating sides they shouldn't. We haven't done that all season really (well, Spurs H possibly but we lucked out really).

The downward spiral is a massive concern. We're in a fucking tailspin at the moment and it's bringing flashbacks of the last relegation.

Do our squad have the personalities to buckle down and play their way out of trouble? Can we put together a string of positive results?

I really don't see 6 points from the next two games.

I've gone from a 4 to 6 after yesterday. Norwich are a championship standard team and if we struggled to beat them, it's difficult to see where the wins are going to come in the remaining fixtures.