Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we don't beat Fulham I'll be genuinely worried for the pretty much the first time.

It'd be a f***ing crime if it happened though given the vast quantity of s**** in the league. From 13th down you could make a decent case for why they should be booted out of the league. I'll let West Ham and Soton off as they're newly promoted and in the latters case not too shabby to watch.

Pretty much how i feel, luckily i think we will.

We were fucking DOGSHITE against Wigan man.  :lol:

So they shouldn't have clearly had a player sent off or their winning goal ruled out?

Sorry you can call us shit but let's not pretend clear failings from the officials played a massive part in that result.

Fulham won away at Spurs last week didn't they? :lol: I can't really remember, such was my chronic depression after the Wigan debacle.

Hopefully they're suitable reaching the point of end of season mid-table malaise and we can get the win 3 days after playing 90 minutes in Lisbon, then I'll have a lot of fears eased. Otherwise, we're deep in the fucking shit.

They did and they're on a good run at the mo, liable to continue that on Monday v QPR n all.

Guest neesy111

If we don't beat Fulham I'll be genuinely worried for the pretty much the first time.*

It'd be a fucking crime if it happened though given the vast quantity of shite in the league. From 13th down you could make a decent case for why they should be booted out of the league. I'll let West Ham and Soton off as they're newly promoted and in the latters case not too shabby to watch.

*Didn't think Wigan, Soton and Vila all putting runs together and playing some decent stuff.

There's a very good case why we should go down tbh.

So they shouldn't have clearly had a player sent off or their winning goal ruled out?

Sorry you can call us shit but let's not pretend clear failings from the officials played a massive part in that result.

You control your own destiny, if we'd played as well as we could against a poor Wigan side with a poor home record we'd have blown them out of the water.  When you play the way we did you can't have many complaints when you end up getting beat.

Also by your logic we should give points back to the likes of West Brom, amongst others.  Not that that was down to bad officiating, but we were lucky as fuck.

Teams around us are winning matches - we're not.  The bounce we got from the new players has died off and they're now being dragged down to our level.

Where do you get that from? we were shite away from home before the players were signed and we remain shite away from home, nothing has really changed on that front.

Our home record has been great since the signings and there is hardly anything to suggest that has changed as we have won every home game since.

Obviously we were ultimately fucked over against Wigan but the fact remains that in an 11 vs 11 contest, I thought we were fucking disgustingly bad. The handball being called wouldn't have changed that.

Mint, and we've had huge slices of luck this season in terms of decisions (Ba equaliser at Reading, sending off at home to Wigan) and freak goals (last minute winner against WBA) that have gone our way this season just off the top of my head. Fact is - ignore luck/decisions - our performances are largely disgraceful and lead to defeats just like they did at Wigan and the many other games we've lost this season.

Our performances, our pattern of play, our ability to beat teams and string results together should not be dependant on needing decisions to go our way.

I'm so pig sick of hearing excuses of so many differing kinds this season, it's actually driving me mental. If it's not Pardew it's some on here. Every bastarding week.

Obviously we were ultimately f***ed over against Wigan but the fact remains that in an 11 vs 11 contest, I thought we were f***ing disgustingly bad. The handball being called wouldn't have changed that.

Wigan had the worst home record in the top 4 or 5 English leagues before they played us yet we needed them to go down to 10 men to give us a chance of winning.  :lol:

Teams around us are winning matches - we're not.  The bounce we got from the new players has died off and they're now being dragged down to our level.

Where do you get that from? we were shite away from home before the players were signed and we remain shite away from home, nothing has really changed on that front.

Our home record has been great since the signings and there is hardly anything to suggest that has changed as we have won every home game since.

The results have been positive but the performances have been fucking appalling against Stoke and Southampton.

We were 16th and 2 points clear of the relegation zone after the Reading match.

We're now 15th and 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Thank god the new players did give us a boost, because without them we'd have been absolutely fucked.

Guest neesy111

Defending the indefensible Jon.

Both sides were garbage a draw was a fair result.

We were 16th and 2 points clear of the relegation zone after the Reading match.

We're now 15th and 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Thank god the new players did give us a boost, because without them we'd have been absolutely f***ed.

And that should be what ends Pardew. He could have argued he had too thin a squad before, but now the results are the same even with the new player. We need to move on, its not working.

Defending the indefensible Jon.

Both sides were garbage a draw was a fair result.

We would be a point better off, them 2 worse off.

Surely that is quite a difference  ???

Even Pardew's big fans admit that we'd have gone down for certain without the signings... Yet still back him. Can't get my head round it.

Not being backed in the summer, a load of injuries to key players and our captain/player of last season/best centre back wanting to go home for personal reasons.

I'm not completely behind him and if we had a more progressive manager willing to sign I would be up for it but there are clearly a few "excuses" that can't really be argued against.

He clearly has enough excuses for a drop from 5th to 7th or 8th, yes. Nothing more than that.

He wasn't backed enough but he's been massively backed now with very little improvement. He was also bought an expensive international who he rarely uses.

I meant in general the margins between a couple of league positions are quite narrow. BTW I'm not saying Pardew has been good... I would just give him next season to try again.

Obviously I think relegation would be an absolute disaster, and everyone would take their share of the blame. I don't know why you bother with those stupid personal digs.

Are there really any 'big fans' - or staunch supporters, however you want to phrase it - of Pardew left? There are those who would rather not sack (yet another) manager, which imo is fairly rational if undoubtedly contentious, but I can't say I've seen many in denial of what a poor performance he's had this season.