Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest icemanblue

I wish I could get my head around how safe objective fans think we are. My office is made up of Boro, Darlo and mackem fans. Not one of them thinks we'll go down. Every one of them think Wigan are already doomed.

I wish I could get my head around how safe objective fans think we are. My office is made up of Boro, Darlo and mackem fans. Not one of them thinks we'll go down. Every one of them think Wigan are already doomed.

Yeah Ive noticed that too with other fans. I'm presuming they just haven't seen the remaining fixtures

Re-assurance from a Villa fan, my favourite.

Here is some more for you, then.

It has been horrific for you of late, and the GD situation changing like that over the last three days must be gutting to take, but you've got 37 points on the board, and one of your remaining games is against an already relegated club, whose players haven't looked like they give too much of a shit all season.

I know it looks grim this morning, and I know it's annoying when someone who hasn't watched all of your recent games weighs in, but if anyone needs to be worried today, it isn't Newcastle, it is Wigan.

As I keep saying, they've five games in fifteen days, they've an energy sapping FA Cup final in the middle of it (thought Gary Neville was spot on when he mentioned the effect of that last night), and have some tricky league games to play.

I don't think it's going to be possible to put myself in their shoes, I'm sick to my stomach about it and will be until we get a win.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think it's going to be possible to put myself in their shoes, I'm sick to my stomach about it and will be until we get a win.

I've tried, just isn't happening. Got a constant knot in my stomach. So glad I haven't felt like this since January, reckon I'd have an ulcer, or worse, by now. :lol:

I've tried, just isn't happening. Got a constant knot in my stomach. So glad I haven't felt like this since January, reckon I'd have an ulcer, or worse, by now. :lol:

And yet you were quite happily telling all and sundry that ,even in January, you thought there was no way we'd go down.

Guest icemanblue

And yet you were quite happily telling all and sundry that ,even in January, you thought there was no way we'd go down.

Sigh.

People were saying we were definitely down. Even now, that's still not the case.

Sigh.

People were saying we were definitely down. Even now, that's still not the case.

Na, that's rewriting it a bit, you were having a go at people for 7-8 while yourself being proudly announced on 1. The only definite was coming from you, we were definitely staying up.

The ironic thing about this is right now I'm feeling more confident of staying up than I have in a couple of weeks.  :lol:

Don't know if its because we've past a certain point now or not, but I'm thinking of good things for wham or qpr.

Sigh.

Na, that's rewriting it a bit, you were having a go at people for 7-8 while yourself being proudly announced on 1. The only definite was coming from you, we were definitely staying up.

Exactly. What he is saying now is precisely what I was saying then. That 1 or 10 were ridiculous votes. They still are indeed. Then though he chose to disagree with what I was saying.

Guest icemanblue
:lol: Bollocks to it, you remember my posts better than me. I'm not arguing it any more, I simply just don't care.

:lol: Bollocks to it, you remember my posts better than me. I'm not arguing it any more, I simply just don't care.

Just admit you were totally wrong. Have a bit of humility. Stop being so condescending. Simples.

Asking him to stop being condescending and then calling him simple? What a nerve!

:shifty:

Guest icemanblue

Just admit you were totally wrong. Have a bit of humility. Stop being so condescending. Simples.

What was I wrong about?! I've had a quick skim through my posts there, back to November, and I genuinely can't find any where I'm 'proudly stating' that I'm either 'at a 1', or that we'd 'definitely not go down'. Pletny where I'm taking issue with people saying we were definitely, or extremely likely, to go down.

In any case, even if I had, it was my opinion. So, it's no more wrong than any other post on the matter.

Wigan will surely be resting key players against Swansea too with the final a few days later? There's no way they can go full strength three times in the space of a week?

Will they though?  A cup final or even a cup win would be lovely,  but is that more important than survival?

They've only ever been in one major cup final and that was the League Cup, which isn't really that prestigious and they didn't even win that final either. This is their chance for the first proper piece of silverware in their history. If Newcastle had no major trophies would you take one now if it mean't going down? You could always come straight back up. 

Personally i'd rather stay up. Any prestige from winning a cup would be wiped out by becoming a 2nd tier club imo.

Guest neesy111

Incognito this is getting silly tbh.  Inochi is a good poster, no need to drag posts 6 months ago into this as it really doesn't matter imo.

Incognito this is getting silly tbh.  Inochi is a good poster, no need to drag posts 6 months ago into this as it really doesn't matter imo.

Hang on, isn't it you that end up calling him a dick (am not saying he is btw)  or something every other week?  :lol: