Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We've beaten the Spuds the last six times we've played them in the league, so we have to consider that a very winnable game.

:no:

Like others have said they're shit and the fact that we've beaten them so many times obviously has a negative effect on them and a positive one on us.  Its certainly not guaranteed, but nobody can argue its a very winnable game.

Guest Stephen927

Thought the score in the Boro game was a bit harsh on Boro tbh.

Very light weight team, I fancy a win against Spurs.

Thought I would bump this to move the convo over from the "today's matches" thread.

I would guess us losing our next three matches leaving it all for us to do at Stoke and Tottenham (both away no less) to build any sort of momentum. Even if we avoid the drop it will be by us limping across the finish.

Watch us lose a bunch of our players againstt Arse and CHelsea thereby losing any gain we have of players coming back.

As I said a couple of days ago, the form of the other crap teams has kept us out of trouble (in terms of league position) up to present, but I see them starting to scrap.

Bricking it now.

If we lose to Hull, and more than likely lose the 2 games after it, surely that would signify to Ashley that a change has to happen? He cant be THAT thick can he?

Having said that, I fully believe if the above does happen, his first thought will be "Joe couldnt come back soon enough".

If we lose to Hull, and more than likely lose the 2 games after it, surely that would signify to Ashley that a change has to happen? He cant be THAT thick can he?

Having said that, I fully believe if the above does happen, his first thought will be "Joe couldnt come back soon enough".

Howay man, there's absolutely no chance they'll rock the boat at this stage with yet another manager.

They'll just rush Kinnear back.

I've put some more money on us dropping, been meaning to do it for a while.

What odds did you get?

Only 7/4, stuck £20 on, I've already got some on though, can't even remember how much.

I've put some more money on us dropping, been meaning to do it for a while.

What odds did you get?

Only 7/4, stuck £20 on, I've already got some on though, can't even remember how much.

7/4. Jesus. :(

When 10th place is only 6 points above the drop then we don't have to worry too much just yet.

After the Stoke game has been played that's when we'll know if we really need to panic...

When 10th place is only 6 points above the drop then we don't have to worry too much just yet.

After the Stoke game has been played that's when we'll know if we really need to panic...

Comments like that have been made for the last 2/3 months and we have never gotten anywhere near to those mid table places so there is nothing to sugest its miraculously going to happen now.

Guest BooBoo

Blackburn won tonight after being a goal down away from home. I dont think we have the gumption to do likewise.

At this moment in time i think its slightly more likely that we'll go down rather than stay up.

Comments like that have been made for the last 2/3 months and we have never gotten anywhere near to those mid table places so there is nothing to sugest its miraculously going to happen now.

We were like 11th and 12th about 4 or 5 games ago....

Other results shouldn't bother us, i.e. tonight's result should be ignored because if we win on Saturday we look safe (or at least safer) again.  Make your minds up again after the Hull game, not after other team's games.

Not to be a killjoy but it is likely that we'll get 1-0 points form our next four games. Throw in Spurs and Stoke and we are probably looking at 3 at most. The difference between  the drop and tenth by this time will be 8-12 points and we'll be probably 10-11 points shortof that. Plus 3-4 points deep in the relegation zone.

Not to be a killjoy but it is likely that we'll get 1-0 points form our next four games. Throw in Spurs and Stoke and we are probably looking at 3 at most. The difference between  the drop and tenth by this time will be 8-12 points and we'll be probably 10-11 points shortof that. Plus 3-4 points deep in the relegation zone.

Stoke is one of our next 4 games - let's not wish the season away!  O0

There is no reason why we cannot take results from any of our next four games imo. Fair enough you can pretty much write off the Chelsea and Arsenal games...but on the other hand we took a point at Stamford Bridge, and Old Trafford, then held our own against Man United at home despite being beat, so there is no reason why we cannot get a point or two from those games.

I would like to think we will get 3 or 4 points from the next 4 games. I think it's extremely possible also.

I think the poll needs resetting to reflect the current opinion, as i just can't believe that some people are still living in the world of make-believe that sees there being no chance of going down.

It's been possible from the start for people to change their vote.

We absolutely must beat Hull. A draw is not good enough and a defeat is a disaster. Even if we do win, Hull will still be 1 point ahead of us. The only plus is that the teams fate is still currently in their own hands. We aren't relying on other teams doing us a favour until we slip below 17th place.

Still think we'll stay up but it's more out of gut instinct now. It'll definitely go all the way into the last games though.

If the worst comes to the worst and we do go down then we'll deserve to be relegated. Come May, the 3 worst teams in the league will go down and if we're one of them then we can have no complaints. We've thrown points away all season and it might just come back to bite us on the arse. Obviously we all hope it doesn't happen but if it does we'll have to take it on the chin and accept a season or 2 re-building and getting back up. We've not got any divine right to be in the Premier League, no-one has.

:neutral: