Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I reckon 34 points may be 17th this season. 37 to make certain.

I'm starting to think it'll go the other way and we'll need a higher points total because it's so competitive. Hopefully Swansea and West Brom start to get properly cut adrift.

Or even better - slightly adrift but with enough hope so that they can beat Brighton, Huddersfield, Southampton etc. We'll have to ask them for some favours.

Last time we went down with above-average points didn't we? I remember thinking we were really unlucky that Sunderland also picked up form.

Swansea game is massive.

Win and it’s looking good.

Fail and it’s the complete opposite.

It is massive, but we need to avoid this must win mentality, we had too many people saying that about the Brighton game, and at the end of the day it's just one game.

Swansea game is massive.

It is massive, but we need to avoid this must win mentality, we had too many people saying that about the Brighton game, and at the end of the day it's just one game.

It's one game where we're likely to win though. As opposed to Man City away. So I think it's a reasonable way for people to see the Swansea game

Swansea game is massive.

It's one game where we're likely to win though. As opposed to Man City away. So I think it's a reasonable way for people to see the Swansea game

Yeah but I don't think Rafa will be pushing that mantra, it puts unnecessary pressure on himself and the team. Mark Hughes did that with our game and it backfired spectacularly. It would be a great game to win, but it's a match between two poor sides so we can't really demand the win like we are suddenly going to be transformed into Liverpool or Man City.

In fairness, 'must-win' can only truly relate to a match where the stakes are at their highest. As in, if you want to progress to the next round of the cup, it's a must-win. Or, if you have one game to stay up and you need three points in order to achieve that, it's a must-win.

This sort of match is the next level down from that in terms of how critical it is. We've absolutely got to be beating the team who are bottom at home, especially when they're not a million miles behind us in terms of points.

In fairness, 'must-win' can only truly relate to a match where the stakes are at their highest. As in, if you want to progress to the next round of the cup, it's a must-win. Or, if you have one game to stay up and you need three points in order to achieve that, it's a must-win.

This sort of match is the next level down from that in terms of how critical it is. We've absolutely got to be beating the team who are bottom at home, especially when they're not a million miles behind us in terms of points.

Not much difference really. To replace ‘must win’ with another cliche, it is/could prove a six pointer.

Relatively good weekend for us, all things considered. Aside from our Cup prospects (we got through and a number of Premier League clubs got knocked out), we scored a few goals, nobody got sent off or injured, and a few of our relegation rivals have unwelcome replays to fulfil. Stoke will get a new manager bounce I guess, but otherwise we've done alright out it.

Relatively good weekend for us, all things considered. Aside from our Cup prospects (we got through and a number of Premier League clubs got knocked out), we scored a few goals, nobody got sent off or injured, and a few of our relegation rivals have unwelcome replays to fulfil. Stoke will get a new manager bounce I guess, but otherwise we've done alright out it.

You are spot on it was a good weekend despite no PL games going on. It's incredible how new manager bounce effects teams, hell we even got it with Souness, went on a great run at the start of his tenure. Wish Hughes had been allowed to stick around for a little while longer, but I do feel it will be tough to find the right manager for Stoke, that group of players will be tough to manage and there aren't too many that seem to fit their criteria, a month or so of looking around then eventually settling on someone lie Harry Rednapp would be great.

Looking at Brighton’s last ten fixtures I can’t see them picking up many points. Think they need to be well clearly by start of March

It's a bit of a misnomer IMO as some of the teams near the top will throw league games if they're not battling for anything and have a CL/EL/FA Cup latter round games IMO.

Annoying thing is there are likely to be few dead rubber teams given Burnley and Leicester are the only two midtable teams and they won't be the type just to fuck a game off like say Stoke or Everton did in recent years.

Looking at the bottom half of the table we have the best GD and the most wins.

Our position has been deflated down because we have lost too many matches rather than drawn.

I think though projects us towards a 11-13th position if we retain this pattern. We will climb even further if we become a little more difficult to beat.